Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Total War - Redux (Beta)

Default Re: Medieval Total War - Redux (Beta)

Thanks!

Axalon I downloaded the fix for MTW from your link, but I've no idea how to use the file. There is no readme.
    I installed MTW-1.00 to start with.

I found out. I dropped the files in MTW folder. But game didn't want to start working.

Ok I got it working by installing VI.
    Last edited by William the Silent; September 28, 2017 at 05:04 PM.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Hello again folks (and excellent that things worked out for you William). I just want remind everyone that October 10th is
    closing in fast, and that RXB1007 will be released on that day. Here are the official RX release-notes....

Or... Perhaps this one?

At any rate, make sure to show up and grab you copy of Redux Beta 1007 on release. And, feel free to make a post or two here in the process. Maybe I'll post some RXB1007 change-log or some such later, if there are any visible interest in that (here). Obviously, the previous version of Redux (and related support) will be discontinued, as usual...

- A

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Hyped! Nice work mate.

(Second one looks really nice as well )
    FrunkSpace | Mod Announcements | Colonies & Empires

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. I am the proud patron of:

atthias | PaulH | Athos187

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

I can't wait for release of today!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Alright folks, the links are live...

Folks, if you do like Redux, let me know somehow... Like post something here (telling me what it is/was you liked, or some kind of input etc etc), or hand me some fluffy rep in your name, or something that allows me to somehow know that you guys enjoy this stuff. As most modders do - I would probably appreciate any kind of token thanks, recognition, response or reaction posted here - as in something in return for uploading this stuff here. After all, these things does not create itself or happens without effort. And, the only thing I can hope for is essentially whatever response and/or appreciation you guys can scrape together in threads like this one - imagine that....

That said, enjoy RXB1007.

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; October 10, 2017 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Mo!

With last version,I play great without any type of problem.
    Now with this version I've immediatly a CDT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cattura.jpg  
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Hi Axalon
    Looks very nice and working fine for me. I tried the heartland campaign as France, allowing myself no mercs. Thought I could snuff Burgundy out early - which I did. But after rebelling on 5 successive turns they had a faction reappearance and visited me in Paris to snuff me out. I do like to see the AI going for the kill!
    Look forward to exploring this latest release much more, but wanted to give you a quick thumbs up. There may be bugs, but none found yet.

Hey Pons, thanks for your post here...

I would welcome and look forward seeing some more posts and input by you (and others) here. Whenever you have more stuff to post up or share here - whatever that or it might be. Anyhow, feel free to post tips and discoveries for other players or something else - if you please. Use this place for interesting and fun Redux-related things, folks. That is what this place is for, after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco View Post
    ... Now with this version I've immediatly a CDT
    Excellent that you posted/attached a screen.... Now, if you get one of these messages.... (And yes, its identical)....

Means that you have not been reading the provided instructions, and that you are trying to run (basic "module A") Redux
    without the VI-upgrade upon a VI/v.2.01/Gold/Steam-game. To fix it, apply/install the VI-upgrade (aka. "module B") for
    1007 ASAP and install it on top (as in last) - and you will be playing Redux in no time....

Its found as a separate folder in the RXB1007-package - named "Redux - VI-UPGRADE".

- A

All works ok,thanks!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Excellent that it has worked out for you Fresco...

Anyhow, I thought I could - if nothing else happens here - show some visual differences between
    the original MTW and RXB1007 by posting a few big (1920x1080p) comparative screens...

See in spoiler folks...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Now, lets start with having a look the campaign-mode and its differences... Using England as an example... First out, raw MTW...

And then... The RXB1007 counterpart...

So, lets have a look at the Royal knights... First out, raw MTW...

Now, lets have a look at some plain spearmen (using Italians)... First out, raw MTW...

And then... The RXB1007 counterpart... (Using Poles)...

Finally, lets have a look at some other unit... Italian infantry, for instance... First out, raw MTW...

Any thoughts and comments on all this?

- A

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

It's been a long time since I've played Medieval. I need to fish that disc out again.

And, after installing it, give this mod a serious look. It seems to be a quite nice set of changes, with some addressing my main reservations with the original Medieval game. The above screenshots, and indeed the project as a whole, look promising.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

I have never played original Medieval too much but this mod makes me wanna play the game so bad ! Awesome work Axalon

Thanks for posting guys, I appreciate both posts. ...Any other comments or thoughts on post: 591? Or something else about RXB1007?

- A

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

The new campaign map style in particular looks awesome! A nice freshen up!

The knights are awesome as well!
    FrunkSpace | Mod Announcements | Colonies & Empires

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. I am the proud patron of:

atthias | PaulH | Athos187

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

Hi again, Axalon. Great to see a new version of Redux, just when I was looking at the pictures, I noticed that the difference is really huge! While in game I don't care about that much... And some good news here -> MTW/Redux works just brilliant under Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit! I tested both the native MTW 1.1 and Redux on it - masterpiece...

saneel's Avatar Senator

Is there any building manual? Or maybe video how to install everything properly? Tnx

Sir Althfons's Avatar Civis

So no Almohad invasion with Redux? Ooh, that's a thing...

Hi guys, and thanks all for posting... I'll start with Frunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    The new campaign map style in particular looks awesome! A nice freshen up! The knights are awesome as well!
    This is exactly the kind reaction I usually hope/aim for (whenever I do something for Redux, or otherwise)! Thanks man...

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiBG View Post
    Hi again, Axalon. Great to see a new version of Redux, just when I was looking at the pictures, I noticed that the difference is really huge! While in game I don't care about that much... And some good news here -> MTW/Redux works just brilliant under Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit! I tested both the native MTW 1.1 and Redux on it - masterpiece...
    Hey Georgi, good to see you posting here again! Anyhow, yup the difference sure is huge... Personally, I do like the Redux-style better... It is just more the way I like it - as "unexpected" as that could ever be here. BTW, what exact hardware did/do you use (it could possibly be of some later value here, as reference)? In my experience, hardware is usually more the problem then W7 as such. GFX-drivers might make a big difference too, on that note... In my experience the V.1.1 seems to be slightly faster to load then the VI/v.2.01 as well, don't ask me why...

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    Is there any building manual?
    Nope... You are welcome to create it, if you want one... (Perhaps others would want such a manual too?)

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    Or maybe video how to install everything properly? Tnx
    No offence intended but... What part of "copy, paste & replace" (into game directory) don't you get? Is it the location for it? Or the order to do it? Or is it something else? ...The more specific your questions are, the better answers you can hope for here - as simple as that. Obviously, reading the already provided instructions of "Redux_ReadMe1007.txt" also generally helps.

Anyhow, what seems to be the specific problem for you? Other then that it is clearly install-related. As in, which part of install process is strange to you? ...?...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Althfons View Post
    So no Almohad invasion with Redux? Ooh, that's a thing...
    You lost me.... Let me put it like this - how is that stuff somehow NOT covered by the Moors - this in Redux?
    As in their usual attempts at conquering the Iberian peninsula - and then - going for France, if successful? ...?...

- A

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Hey Georgi, good to see you posting here again! Anyhow, yup the difference sure is huge... Personally, I do like the Redux-style better... It is just more the way I like it - as "unexpected" as that could ever be here. BTW, what exact hardware did/do you use (it could possibly be of some later value here, as reference)? In my experience, hardware is usually more the problem then W7 as such. GFX-drivers might make a big difference too, on that note... In my experience the V.1.1 seems to be slightly faster to load then the VI/v.2.01 as well, don't ask me why...

- A
    Here you go:

GPU: AMD Radeon R7 250 2GB
    CPU: AMD FX 8320 3.5 GHz 8 Core
    The drivers are up to date...