Thread: Basileia – Total War merges with Dominion

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Basileia – Total War merges with Dominion

Yes, it is finally official.
    Sadly, Basileia – Total War a very popular and promising mod has decided that it cannot continue.
    On the bright side however, unlike most mods that fall away without a trace Basileia – Total War will live on as part of Dominion. Many of Basileia – Total War's aims and goals are shared in many respects by the fundamental vision of Dominion and we will endeavour to keep the spirit and ideals of that mod alive.
    The body of work already made by Basileia will be incorporated into Dominion, and we hope that fans of both Basileia and Dominion will appreciate the effort we are making to give a service to the community.
    The high quality of work that made Basileia so special and so well-liked will enhance Dominion's wealth to truly become the greatest MIITW mod of all.

Default Re: Basileia – Total War merges with Dominion

Thats bad/great news!! ... for me its great one ;-). Its gonna be trully the best mod ever.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem87 View Post
    Thats bad/great news!! ... for me its great one ;-). Its gonna be trully the best mod ever.
    I agree!

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Will this change the faction΄s for Dominion
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

No, but we have already recently changed the faction line-up to accomodate much of the criticism we received when we leaked some of our revised faction list. For instance there are now four Muslim faction slots, although these will represent several factions which can be unlocked in a number of ways either played by the player or during the game as the AI reacts to the player's moves, this represents the different dynasties and changes within specific factions. The Mongols will also be included.
    I'm not telling you any more until the preview.

Excellent news. I eagerly await what Dominion has to offer. I wonder how adding the work of Baselia in will affect the balance of units in this mod.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Excellent. i was mourning that mod and it will not doubt turn out better as part of DOTS then it would have had as its own mod. I suppose that means you will be using their battle map unique cities?
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    there are now four Muslim faction slots, although these will represent several factions which can be unlocked in a number of ways either played by the player or during the game as the AI reacts to the player's moves, this represents the different dynasties and changes within specific factions.
    hmmm... sounds promising... :hmmm:

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Looking good, if the preview is just as good like the videos, i will give rep to all the team member΄s
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

Basileos's Avatar Decanus

"I created disco"
    "**** Me I'm Famous"
    Al-Andalus/moorish researcher for DotS.
    Come and visite the DotS threads! : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...prune=-1&f=492

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Future Filmmaker View Post
    Excellent news. I eagerly await what Dominion has to offer. I wonder how adding the work of Baselia in will affect the balance of units in this mod.
    The units will be historically accurate, and im sure we will use some BTW models (though we already have the Complete byzantine unit roster). I am looking forward to see what their research has to offer.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

Which aspect of Basileia are you going to keep?

I expect you will keep the unique cities....but I am also interested in a system they had promised when you have a castle and a city in the same province. It sounded really great. Will you implement that?

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Ah, for the greater good.

Better than just to fade away

Too many K.I.A on mods so this is good news.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Quote Originally Posted by Akrotatos View Post
    Which aspect of Basileia are you going to keep?

I expect you will keep the unique cities....but I am also interested in a system they had promised when you have a castle and a city in the same province. It sounded really great. Will you implement that?
    We are discussing it. Some of us feel that we already have this system in a way, because we plan to incorporate villages within regions, keep the castle/city system but implement PSF (Permanent Stone Fort)s to represent other settlements/castles in each region that we don't have room for in each region.
    It is impossible to make a castle AND a city in each region, you can only have one settlement the 'castle' would be a PSF, we have already researched nearly all the PSFs we are going to implement, in some cases we have as many as 5 PSFs in a region which represents the historical settlements there but also how difficult it was to control. If you look at our original post as part of the Announcement of the mod, you can read all about our Control Points concept.

We have worked out a way to get PSFs to actually produce a stable income too, which means that they really will be important points on the map, and not just siege obstacles. It will mean that factions will not be able to expand explosively anymore but will really have to fight hard to take and to hold a region, it will not be somehting that will be acheived overnight. Also, since the tech tree will have realistic building times, you will not be able to pacify a conquered region and develop it to produce soldiers within a few turns. So ruling your empire will be much more realistic and similar to the historical problems medieval rulers actually faced.

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

Thanks for the clarification Hross.

Now I want to play this mod! Will it be ready in 2009?

H.r.E.'s Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Yes, it is finally official.
    Sadly, Basileia – Total War a very popular and promising mod has decided that it cannot continue.
    On the bright side however, unlike most mods that fall away without a trace Basileia – Total War will live on as part of Dominion. Many of Basileia – Total War's aims and goals are shared in many respects by the fundamental vision of Dominion and we will endeavour to keep the spirit and ideals of that mod alive.
    The body of work already made by Basileia will be incorporated into Dominion, and we hope that fans of both Basileia and Dominion will appreciate the effort we are making to give a service to the community.
    The high quality of work that made Basileia so special and so well-liked will enhance Dominion's wealth to truly become the greatest MIITW mod of all.
    yay so you guys will get the self made buildings for constantinopel and other cities?

Quote Originally Posted by H.r.E. View Post
    yay so you guys will get the self made buildings for constantinopel and other cities?
    Hmn, hmn hmn hmn hmn........ no.

Ok it was a joke.

What would you think?
    Basileia: Total War

Rebuilt Map Creator & Testing Team-Leader

wow this mod with basilea will be even better and better