Thread: Anything bout 1.5 yet?

master88's Avatar Miles

Icon7 Anything bout 1.5 yet?

Hello, I have been playing your mod and its cool, just wanted to know when 1.5 is coming out. Maybe in the next 3 weeks or by the end of the year? If I was skilled in coding and these thing I wont mind helping you with this great mod but I cant.

Keep up the good work. Oh yeah, please do make skins of normal and low level soldiers dark and dirty and even some of the "royal" or elite units too. I saw (in 1.4) that the sweedish knights look a little too colourful though. Im not insulting you mod, in no way but you can tone down some of the bright colours though of some of the units like knights.

Thanks (yet again) for such a cool mod!
    Roman Gunner

Default Re: Anything bout 1.5 yet?

First- don`t offer your help, but say that you can`t. Coding, skinnig, etc. is not done by extra-talented space monkeys from Mars, its done by people just like me or you, who just happen to like modding enough to learn the necessary stuff. Skinning a unit, or coding so it becomes a part of an Invasion does not equal fuggin rocket science. So respect the mod and the modder and keep your mouth shut about helping them, cos if you really, really wanted to, you would help them. I don`t want to help Zeph. I want him to make a mod for himslef, and share it with the public, so I can play it, cos I share his tastes in gaming. I benefit (and my gaming experience depends) on his good will.

Second - you are free to state the things that you do not like about the mod, he is not going to suddenly stop modding and releasing because you do not like his version of the Swedes. The "release" part heavily depends on your positive and negative input. I know alot of modders (not modding this game, tho) that have totally different versions of their mods for themselves than of those released to the public. Some people just enjoy making others happy.

Third - never, ever ask a modder "when?"...

Stormrage,why you are angry,he only asks!!?

Well, my username kinda corresponds to my temper..

So my advices #1 and #3 do not sound very friendly, but I posted them in good intention. They explain good manners on modding forums - do not offer help if you are not serious about it and do not (ever, never) ask "when?".

Advice #2 actually encourages him to state more of his opinion, he has a good start with his point about the Swedes. Its better to say "its great, but X could be better" then be a mindless fanboy.

So I hope master88 doesn`t resent me, and I apologise for my aggresive approach.

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrage View Post
    First- don`t offer your help, but say that you can`t. Coding, skinnig, etc. is not done by extra-talented space monkeys from Mars, its done by people just like me or you, who just happen to like modding enough to learn the necessary stuff. Skinning a unit, or coding so it becomes a part of an Invasion does not equal fuggin rocket science. So respect the mod and the modder and keep your mouth shut about helping them, cos if you really, really wanted to, you would help them. I don`t want to help Zeph. I want him to make a mod for himslef, and share it with the public, so I can play it, cos I share his tastes in gaming. I benefit (and my gaming experience depends) on his good will.

Second - you are free to state the things that you do not like about the mod, he is not going to suddenly stop modding and releasing because you do not like his version of the Swedes. The "release" part heavily depends on your positive and negative input. I know alot of modders (not modding this game, tho) that have totally different versions of their mods for themselves than of those released to the public. Some people just enjoy making others happy.

Third - never, ever ask a modder "when?"...

Wow was that really neccesary..

Well, since you insist that we continue this discussion, altho I explained my reaction in the post just above yours, pray tell with what part of my post do you not agree?

stormin's Avatar Libertus

hmmm.......... i had to look to see that my balls were still attached after reading that

Quote Originally Posted by stormin View Post
    hmmm.......... i had to look to see that my balls were still attached after reading that
    Mine aren't

Anyone in contact with Zeph?

Zeph`s gone, man. He announced quitting a few times before. Always came back. He didn`t mention it this time. So he is probably not coming back.

Well if that is the case is anyone willing to take over this project?

We cant let one if not the best mod in the game go to waste!

master88's Avatar Miles

Icon7 Re: Anything bout 1.5 yet?

Ah yes, My post was not to declear war on anyone and besides it just a game and a mod to a game. No need to fight. Mr. Stormage to anger all i can direct u to is this - Proverbs 14:17, Proverbs 22:24 & Proverbs 29:22. Apology is accepted as well.

I just found the sweedish knights gaments (the clothes ontop of amour) just look like if i did it in paint or did put some weeks and style research into it. Were human, we make mistakes and we also wish to satisfy the masses quickly sometimes. I know people have lives, but an estimated time would do nicely, if possible.

I would help or do something (to aid in this mod) if i could but many circumstances (which i will not say online), creates that problem of not being able to help. So thanks to all that posted and do enjoy urself. Christmas is coming up soon and i cant wait!! WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    Last edited by master88; October 09, 2008 at 10:55 AM.
    Roman Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by Melocious View Post
    Well if that is the case is anyone willing to take over this project?

We cant let one if not the best mod in the game go to waste!

If I had the permission, resources, and experience I would definately take this mod over. Alas I do not.

jimmy spong's Avatar Campidoctor

seems like zeph is really off

if someone would like to take over , it could be something done ....
    mod could be taken by community

well if nothing else , CAE is finished project , it is playable , stable versions are out so there is nothing to feel sorry for . if we could gather some team , would be nice

i will be the main morale booster

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy spong View Post
    seems like zeph is really off

if someone would like to take over , it could be something done ....
    mod could be taken by community

well if nothing else , CAE is finished project , it is playable , stable versions are out so there is nothing to feel sorry for . if we could gather some team , would be nice

i will be the main morale booster
    Its a really good mod.. It is now useless for me though because my M2TW cd was damaged...