4) London, England
    5) Issik-kul, Kyrgyzstan
    6) Sari-agash, Kazakhstan
    7) Cambridge, England
    8) Antalia, Turkey
    9) Dubai, UAE
    10) Rostov the great, Russia

What about yours?
    Just give 10 good places, no matter which is best (well my is really vague, say London is better than turkestan in a lot, but still because of patriotism and personal link i place it 2nd... the order doesnt matter TOO much )

Thanks. And good day )
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

Default Re: Where did you like it most?

Probably my favorite city is Washington DC. It's a great place, it's a big city without the big-city feel. It's open, the monuments are amazing, I could live in the Smithsonian, etc. All around great.

Other cities I love: Newport Beach, CA - great beaches and beautiful weather. Tahiti - even more beautiful beaches, and strange weather. London - Castles! Juneau, Alaska - beautiful place, and a fairly small city.

I'm also heading to Europe in a few months, hopefully I'll be able to add some more cities then.

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

1. Lofoten, Norway
    2. Dublin, Ireland
    3. Edinburgh, Scatland
    4. Karpathos, Greece
    5. Copenhagen, Denmark
    6. Bergen, Norway
    7. Tjøme, Norway
    8. London, England
    9. Hamburg, Germany
    10, Chania, Crete/Greece

Worst place I have been to was Flensburg in Germany!

These are not in order since I cant really decide an order.

Havana, Cuba
    Trinidad, Cuba (Cuba is my most recent holiday so it sticks out most)
    Dehli, India
    Northern India in Himlayas. (Region Ladakh, numerous good places we stayed so I can't just name one)
    Krakow, Poland
    Venice, Italy
    Barcelona, Spain
    Tunis, Tunisia
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Mirana, Limnos/Greece (town)
    Porto, Portugal

I have enjoyed many places but these cities/towns are among the best

Penang-Kedah Malaysia,
    Quebec City, Canada
    Bay Area, USA
    Singapore in general
    the other countries i visited i didnt like anything (i went to Laos, Burma, New Zealand and Australia as well but cuz I went with my parents everything felt so bad)

Yorkshireman's Avatar Praefectus

Koh Samui - Thailand
    France - Basically anywhere, especially the south.
    Lake District - England
    Tioman island - Malaysia
    Ibiza - Spain

Many others, but I'd actually live in these places.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshireman View Post
    Koh Samui - Thailand
    France - Basically anywhere, especially the south.
    Lake District - England
    Tioman island - Malaysia
    Ibiza - Spain

Many others, but I'd actually live in these places.

Talking about Malaysia, I think KL is so boring, and depopulated that anywhere in Malaysia would be exciting BUT the capital (Putrajaya is even worse, been there, you'll yawn to death) lol I like the north most because many people can speak Thai and since its poorer its more "human", KL and Jahor and stuff are kinda boring, like north american stripe mall cities.
    Yorkshireman, have u ever been to Langkawi or Penang? I think those islands are great, especially Penang.

My list will no doubt grow in the near future (as I visit more and more countries), but for now, here's one:

*Phuket, Thailand
    *Bangkok, Thailand
    *Langkawi, Malaysia
    *Amman, Jordan
    *Petra, Jordan
    *Changi Airport, Singapore (haha, haven't left the airport area, but the airport was the best airport I've visited in my life!)
    *West Bank, Palestine
    *Hajar Mountains, Oman+UAE

Overall, one of my favorite regions is South-East Asia, and I plan on visiting it all, I especially plan on re-visiting Thailand. Also, you might have noticed I never left the Asian continent... Asia4life!

I also love Dubai, UAE, but since I live over there, I thought I shouldn't add it.

The next candidate to join my list could well be Donets'k, Ukraine, which I MIGHT visit this December, during the dreaded Russian winter (which affects the city).

It will be my first travel destination outside of Asia.

We'll probably see whether I'll like it or not. At least I know someone there, which might help, since she's a pure Russian Ukrainian citizen, which means she can show me around the place.
    Last edited by PurpleScotch; September 09, 2008 at 03:09 PM.

Yorkshireman's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Pivra View Post
    Yorkshireman, have u ever been to Langkawi or Penang? I think those islands are great, especially Penang.
    Penang in 1992, stayed in Georgetown for about 10 days. I spent 8 months then with a girlfriend travelling around Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. I more or less did a round tour of Malaysia. Penang, Cameron Highlands, KL, Malacca, Singapore, Tioman Island, Kuantan, then on the jungle railway to Kota Bharu, then back onto Thailand.

The most interesting thing for me was Malaysia/Singapore being ex British colonies, seeing the bits of history/culture and influences that still linger on so far from Britain. I saw old English Morris Minor cars and Bedford trucks being driven in Malaysia, a red telephone box in the Cameron Highlands and buildings such as Fort Cornwallis in Georgetown or the old Victorian townhalls of KL/Singapore not much different in design than the one in my own home city.

So many people still speak English in Malaysia as well, which is a plus for us British who rarely learn foriegn language's!

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

1) Hong Kong
    2) New York
    3) Corsica
    4) Edinburgh
    5) London
    6) Thailand
    7) Rome
    8) Moscow
    9) St Petersburg
    10) Amsterdam
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshireman View Post
    Penang in 1992, stayed in Georgetown for about 10 days. I spent 8 months then with a girlfriend travelling around Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. I more or less did a round tour of Malaysia. Penang, Cameron Highlands, KL, Malacca, Singapore, Tioman Island, Kuantan, then on the jungle railway to Kota Bharu, then back onto Thailand.

The most interesting thing for me was Malaysia/Singapore being ex British colonies, seeing the bits of history/culture and influences that still linger on so far from Britain. I saw old English Morris Minor cars and Bedford trucks being driven in Malaysia, a red telephone box in the Cameron Highlands and buildings such as Fort Cornwallis in Georgetown or the old Victorian townhalls of KL/Singapore not much different in design than the one in my own home city.

So many people still speak English in Malaysia as well, which is a plus for us British who rarely learn foriegn language's!

Kenting is great LOL, I love it, Malays and Singaporeans can still speak English just like how Indochinese guys can still speak French, many of them can also speak Thai (imperial power before u guys came in lol) but we dont speak other languages at all maybe some english chinese arabic or something but basically we cant speak other languages

btw. please change the thread's name, it sounds so dirty...
    Last edited by Pivra; September 09, 2008 at 05:54 PM.

Panzerbear's Avatar Praeses

for me it is

1) Amsterdam, Netherlands
    2) Berlin, Germany
    3) London, England
    4) Moscow, Russia
    5) Barcelona, Spain
    6) New York City, US
    7) St.Petersburg, Russia -> my hometown yay!
    8) Rothenburg, Germany
    9) Paris, France
    10) Chicago, US

I have also heard very good things about Prague, Czech Republic and cant wait to go there. it is also a great shame that I have never been to Italy and Switzerland.
    Last edited by Panzerbear; September 12, 2008 at 08:41 PM.

Throw away all your newspapers!
    Most of you are Libertarians, you just havent figured it out yet.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Prague is an awesome city you should really enjoy it.

As for myself,

1) Portland, Oregon, USA
    2) Vienna, Austria
    3) Pisa, Tuscany, Italy
    4) San Francisco, California, USA
    5) Rome, Italy
    6) Prague, Czech Republic
    7) Berlin, Germany
    8) Seattle, Washington, USA
    9) Vancouver, BC, Canada
    10) Copenhagen, Sjælland, Denmark
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Mathais's Avatar Ordinarius

1)Tokyo, Japan
    2)All over England
    3)Frankfurt, Germany
    4)Roma/Rome, Italy
    5)Sydney Australia

I sorta fell in love with British Columbia. Same for southwestern Alberta. Both in Canada, in case you didn't know.

Also sorta in love with the west coast of Newfoundland and pretty much all of the Canadian Atlantic provinces. Nova Scotia is beautiful, New Brunswick has AMAZING blueberries.

Except I kinda hate PEI. Lame-ass sorry excuse for a province. Filled with little screaming girls wearing wigs. rawr

Teddy Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota is absolutely gorgeous. I tell people off for badmouthing ND only because of this place.

North-central and northern Arizona are pretty cool as well. I sorta consider there my second home since my grandparents live there and we travel to AZ often.

edit; I saw we had to post cities/towns..oh well.

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    I sorta fell in love with British Columbia. Same for southwestern Alberta. Both in Canada, in case you didn't know.

Also sorta in love with the west coast of Newfoundland and pretty much all of the Canadian Atlantic provinces. Nova Scotia is beautiful, New Brunswick has AMAZING blueberries.

Except I kinda hate PEI. Lame-ass sorry excuse for a province. Filled with little screaming girls wearing wigs. rawr

Teddy Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota is absolutely gorgeous. I tell people off for badmouthing ND only because of this place.

North-central and northern Arizona are pretty cool as well. I sorta consider there my second home since my grandparents live there and we travel to AZ often.

edit; I saw we had to post cities/towns..oh well.
    Where is Samarkand?

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

Apart from my local area . . .

I. Dugi Otok, Croatia

II. Zadar, Croatia

III. Kauai, Hawaii

IV. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

V. Porto Vallarta, Mexico

VI. Mazatlan, Mexico

NOT counting airports :

1) Milan, Italy
    2) Koszalin, Poland
    3) Chicago, Illinois
    4) Southern Switzerland
    5) London, England
    6) Copenhagen, Denmark
    7) Venice, Italy
    8) Warsaw, Poland

I've been to many other cities, just can't rank them just yet.

Colonel Cleg McLeg's Avatar Decanus
    Cardiff or Wrexham, in Wales, depending on the time of year.

My favorite holiday was a driving one me and my family spent in the American West. We visited 8 states in 3 weeks, saw sights such as San Francisco, the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Yellowstone...It was quite possibly the best experience in my life. My favorite cities/towns are, in no particular order:

Rome, Italy.
    Prague, Czech Republic.
    Paris, France.
    Barcelona, Spain.
    Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Cardiff, Wales. (just had to... )
    San Francisco, California.
    Flagstaff, Arizona.
    Valetta, Malta.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Why does anyone like Edinburgh? It is a pathetic little town with no culture and a stupid castle, seriously why? Glasgow is much better. What would you rather do, watch a bunch of men in skirts marching up and down in Edinburgh, or get absolutely wrecked and dodge katanas at 3.00 in the morning in Glasgow?

London is uncomparable to anything, except Rome, though

1)Rome

2)London

3)Vancouver, BC

4)San Diego, California

5)Rio De Janeiro, breathtaking views, as long as you avoid the favelas.

6)Glasgow, good atmosphere really.

7) New York
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast