Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Battle AI addons + small AI tutorials

Default DarthMod Battle AI addons + small AI tutorials

DARTHMOD 1.4D Battle AI Add on

My Sith follower, Xeryx, has summoned me to help him, in these troubling times, concerning the AI modification he has created. As I have retired from modding, I could not be more tempted because I have retired in a moment I had new things to give. I decided to give them to myself for some time, playing very few times my own mod. But now it is time to release these new things I wanted to share with all of you:

-I offer this battle addon mostly for all the players of my mod (It is in the 5th place of the most popular downloads of TW center… so there must be a lot around concerning the many thousand other downloads around the web).

-Secondly, these 2 files can help all other modders who reaserch on this matter to compare them with their own, maybe to see some ideas or extra code I have.

-I will also offer a small tutorial of these changes. I will try to offer some more tutorials for various other portion of AI code I should have given before. I cannot promise anything though.

The changes that commenced concerning the previous files of DarthMod 1.4D: The last Episode are the following:

battle_config.xml

<combat-balancing>
    <missile-target-accuracy>
    <infantry>0.75</infantry>
    <cavalry>0.95</cavalry>
    <elephants>0.95</elephants>
    </missile-target-accuracy>

<melee-hit-rate>0.55</melee-hit-rate>
    I increased the missile cavalry hit rate from 0,9 to 0,95. Small change, but it creates the exact impact I wanted to have, concerning my other battle stats.

THIS IS EXTRA DARTH CODE ADDED
    <melee-hit-rate>
    <infantry>22.0</infantry>
    <cavalry>3.50</cavalry>
    <elephants>1.5</elephants>
    </melee-hit-rate>
    </combat-balancing>

During my creation of DarthMod, I risked to add these lines in order to control the melee hit rate individually for each weapon arm. It has worked!
    I increased the number of Infantry to 22.0. This creates much more effective infantry melees and more endurance against cavalry. Of course do not expect much against a super charge of heavy Knights.

config_ai_battle.xml

<melee-manager>
    <attack-dist-multiplier>10.0</attack-dist-multiplier>
    This is the range which the AI sees other units and interacts. I made it very large and I created a very good effect of proper AI reaction and defence preparation. I have not tested much, but this, together with some other aspects below, corrects a lot of Siege AI problems. Modders should try this idea. Together with the below:

<open>
    <infantry>
    <max-engage-dist>
    <easy>1</easy>
    <medium>1</medium>
    <hard>1</hard>
    <very_hard>1</very_hard>
    </max-engage-dist>
    </infantry>
    <missile>
    <max-engage-dist>
    <easy>125</easy>
    <medium>125</medium>
    <hard>125</hard>
    <very_hard>125</very_hard>
    </max-engage-dist>
    </missile>
    <cavalry>
    <max-engage-dist>
    <easy>360</easy>
    <medium>450</medium>
    <hard>900</hard>
    <very_hard>900</very_hard>
    </max-engage-dist>
    </cavalry>
    <general_unit>
    <max-engage-dist>
    <easy>5</easy>
    <medium>5</medium>
    <hard>5</hard>
    <very_hard>5</very_hard>
    </max-engage-dist>
    </general_unit>

</open>

<settlement>
    <infantry>
    <max-engage-dist>
    <easy>10</easy>
    <medium>10</medium>
    <hard>10</hard>
    <very_hard>10</very_hard>
    </max-engage-dist>
    </infantry>
    <missile>
    <max-engage-dist>
    <easy>125</easy>
    <medium>125</medium>
    <hard>125</hard>
    <very_hard>125</very_hard>
    </max-engage-dist>
    </missile>
    <cavalry>
    <max-engage-dist>
    <easy>900</easy>
    <medium>900</medium>
    <hard>900</hard>
    <very_hard>900</very_hard>
    </max-engage-dist>
    </cavalry>
    </settlement>
    If you notice the values you will notice the following:
    -Infantry has a too small value, maybe the minimum possible for the effect.
    -Missile has much bigger values.
    -Cavalry has enormously bigger values
    -I created an extra general_unit behaviour AI slot code, to help him last longer. It works!

The engage distance is the distance in which the AI will actually start to engage the target. So, by also increasing much more the AI visual attack scanner, I create the effect of AI to anticipate the target and attack on time than react as idle or in very small radius as before. (For example it will deploy the troop line that is not engaging with the correct facing opposite to human missile attacks coming from afar and not just stand there...)Cavalry is the military arm which will decide the battle at all situations if it is plenty and… heavy!
    Researching many years in Military History as a hobby and now as a part time job I know of the following: Military tactics of the Medieval Era were simple but involved careful examination of the ground in order to use the Heavy Cavalry properly and the usage of many types of infantry troops operating en mass. This is the effect I wanted to give and this is what you will get if you play some battles with DarthMod 1.4D 1.3 patch and this addon. The infantry will stay together as a solid heavy mass, seldomly separating in a lot of single blocks (typical vanilla setting) and the Cavalry will move around it to flank or support the attack. Battles will gain a character you have never withessed so far.

AI will examine much better the situations and use his army like a true Medieval force. This is also enhanced by these new addons:

<attack-brace>
    <distance>50.0</distance>
    <time-to-change-formation>0.1</time-to-change-formation>
    <time-to-phalanx>0.1</time-to-phalanx>
    <time-to-schiltrom>0.1</time-to-schiltrom>
    </attack-brace>
    <defend-brace>
    <distance>100.0</distance>
    <time-to-change-formation>0.1</time-to-change-formation>
    <time-to-phalanx>0.1</time-to-phalanx>
    <time-to-schiltrom>0.1</time-to-schiltrom>
    </defend-brace>
    I feel that this code affects the battle reaction time in a large proportion. It seems that it works as a “bar” which fills as the units engages and moves around and toggles after it finishes the distance and waits for the time interval. So by using a large distance you create a determination of frontal assault as they attack and by lowering the time intervals you give them fast pace reactions. Small values of distance especially with long intervals, create “scattering” (the common idiotic bug of vanilla).

I added the extra code of defend-brace which adds to the melee mechanics as counter ratio of moves (as I feel it). I have added it in old versions of DarthMod, removed it from DarthMod 1.4D but use it now again, as I feel that it works perfectly!

I remind that the above are alterations involving my own mod. Some negative values introduced in the previous version are abandoned here because they do not create so good effects although they can be used but create a more “layed back” stance of the troops. DarthMod uses many other innovations, not explained here, cooperating with the above. I tested the new effects only in my own mod and I recommend everybody who plays with it to add it, just for his own satisfaction.

Expert modders should be able to read the above mentioned and adapt these ideas separately to their mods or try new values working better to them. I have been summoned with Xeryx’s spell, which will last for some time. So I will be around for conversation if you wish to.

Installation Instructions:
    Simply unzip and copy these files (battle_config.xml, config_ai_battle.xml) to replace these of DarthMod. (I offer the typical file structure of a Mod-Switch version).

@Xeryx
    I will be able to discuss in any matter for some time. I just cannot beta test on any other mod at the moment because I do not have Kingdoms expansion nor I want to play the idiotic vanilla or start fully remodding just to play my style.

In DarthMod I have:

Quote:
    <retreat-analyser>
    <retreat-counter>
    <easy>150</easy>
    <medium>130</medium>
    <hard>120</hard>
    <very_hard>100</very_hard>
    </retreat-counter>
    <retreat-point>
    <default>
    <distance>30</distance>
    </default>
    <cavalry>
    <multiplier>1.5</multiplier>
    </cavalry>
    </retreat-point>
    </retreat-analyser>

A lot has been said about this AI code. Here is my explaination which may all help you (As I remember when I modded it):

This code handles the way that units receive morale penalties making them to rout or ... vice versa morale benefits to make them rally.
    I repeat.... 1 stat for 2 Opposite Factors.

In plain words:
    The <retreat-counter> is the "Acceleration Bar" which gives the 0-100% morale strength of each unit.
    The <retreat-point> is something like a point which handles the Line of Battle. AI units will try to form around it as it seems and rally while trying to do fake attacks from this base.

Also each unit has its own morale stats which work as the base to all this.

The bigger is the acceleration bar, the more time it takes to rout and.... rally.(Small values create the back and forth retreat-rally, Big values give more rout endurance but will not rally easily... probably retreat for ever.)
    The bigger it is the retreat point, so much away from the heat of battle is set the rally point which AI struggles to maintain... it affects AI behaviour as I have seen)

In DarthMod I use a default retreat point, same to Human and AI (?).

In XAI I noticed there is extra code, distinguishing difficulty levels.
    First of all Bravo to Xeryx for being valiant to test extra code, secondly I feel that it should work but I cannot verify for the time being.

Quote:
    <retreat-analyser>
    <retreat-counter>
    <default>
    <easy>60</easy>
    <medium>75</medium>
    <hard>115</hard>
    <very_hard>130</very_hard>
    </default>
    </retreat-counter>
    <retreat-point>
    <default>
    <distance>
    <easy>50</easy>
    <medium>45</medium>
    <hard>40</hard>
    <very_hard>35</very_hard>
    </distance>
    </default>
    <cavalry>
    <multiplier>2.5</multiplier>
    </cavalry>
    </retreat-point>
    </retreat-analyser>
    Now for my proposal:

Quote:
    <retreat-analyser>
    <retreat-counter>
    <easy>150</easy>
    <medium>130</medium>
    <hard>120</hard>
    <very_hard>100</very_hard>
    </retreat-counter>
    <retreat-point>
    <default>
    <distance>5</distance>
    </default>
    <infantry>
    <multiplier>0.0</multiplier>
    </infantry>
    <general_unit>
    <multiplier>1.0</multiplier>
    </general_unit>
    <cavalry>
    <multiplier>5.0</multiplier>
    </cavalry>
    <missile>
    <multiplier>20.0</multiplier>
    </missile>
    </retreat-point>
    </retreat-analyser>

<outflank-analyser>
    <unit-priority>
    <cavalry-vs-phalanx>10</cavalry-vs-phalanx>
    <vs-infantry>90.0</vs-infantry>
    <vs-routers>2.0</vs-routers>
    <behind-stakes>0.0</behind-stakes>
    </unit-priority>
    </outflank-analyser>
    These are the new settings I am currently testing and work tremendously great to DarthMod 1.4D. (I will make available soon for the public)

I have put much smaller distance and a special infantry multiplier for compensation because I increased too much the Cavalry multiplier.
    This causes the effect of the AI battle line to be thin around the player and the cavalry to have the special freedom.

Watch the new settings of the outflank analyser... just copy paste them to any mod...they work brilliantly because they create the effect of:
    1)Stakes avoid (as much as possible)
    2)Whole AI army tries to flank the main infantry body of the Human player
    3)AI Heavy Cavalry and Infantry now advances together and the missiles are a free body because are not mentioned in the code.

The proportions I use are easy to understand for a Mod creator but I will explain later if I can.

Try them in your mods and tell me.
    This setting is causing very cautious AI envelopment in my opinion

I used the xeryx gta code, I am not sure if it is the vanilla code but I trusted it worked OK after the Siths have tested so much.

Next I tested the extra code in outflank analyser....they are not placebo effect. They work very very well and once again bravo to the Darth Team. I tested the code to my mod and they certainly had an impact. So I cannot understand why some have not seen that until now.

But...
    I think that the infantry lines must be dropped because they cause infantry to lose the en mass capability and try to attack like maniples which is not historically correct and also break the infantry to small pieces trying to flank or chase cavalry.

I propose this code:

<outflank-analyser>
    <unit-priority>
    <general_unit-vs-general_unit>10.0</general_unit-vs-general_unit>
    <general_unit-vs-heavy-cavalry>40.0</general_unit-vs-heavy-cavalry>
    <general_unit-vs-light-cavalry>30.0</general_unit-vs-light-cavalry>
    <general_unit-vs-missile-cavalry>40.0</general_unit-vs-missile-cavalry>
    <general_unit-vs-heavy-infantry>60.0</general_unit-vs-heavy-infantry>
    <general_unit-vs-light-infantry>20.0</general_unit-vs-light-infantry>
    <general_unit-vs-missile-infantry>10.0</general_unit-vs-missile-infantry>
    <general_unit-vs-spearmen>75.0</general_unit-vs-spearmen>
    <general_unit-vs-phalanx>90.0</general_unit-vs-phalanx>
    <general_unit-vs-schiltrom>65.0</general_unit-vs-schiltrom>
    <general_unit-vs-shield_wall>80.0</general_unit-vs-shield_wall>
    <heavy-cavalry-vs-heavy-cavalry>30.0</heavy-cavalry-vs-heavy-cavalry>
    <heavy-cavalry-vs-light-cavalry>35.0</heavy-cavalry-vs-light-cavalry>
    <heavy-cavalry-vs-missile-cavalry>30.0</heavy-cavalry-vs-missile-cavalry>
    <heavy-cavalry-vs-heavy-infantry>45.0</heavy-cavalry-vs-heavy-infantry>
    <heavy-cavalry-vs-light-infantry>55.0</heavy-cavalry-vs-light-infantry>
    <heavy-cavalry-vs-missile-infantry>10.0</heavy-cavalry-vs-missile-infantry>
    <heavy-cavalry-vs-spearmen>70.0</heavy-cavalry-vs-spearmen>
    <heavy-cavalry-vs-phalanx>65.0</heavy-cavalry-vs-phalanx>
    <heavy-cavalry-vs-schiltrom>70.0</heavy-cavalry-vs-schiltrom>
    <heavy-cavalry-vs-shield_wall>80.0</heavy-cavalry-vs-shield_wall>
    <light-cavalry-vs-heavy-cavalry>70.0</light-cavalry-vs-heavy-cavalry>
    <light-cavalry-vs-light-cavalry>10.0</light-cavalry-vs-light-cavalry>
    <light-cavalry-vs-missile-cavalry>35.0</light-cavalry-vs-missile-cavalry>
    <light-cavalry-vs-heavy-infantry>65.0</light-cavalry-vs-heavy-infantry>
    <light-cavalry-vs-light-infantry>20.0</light-cavalry-vs-light-infantry>
    <light-cavalry-vs-missile-infantry>10.0</light-cavalry-vs-missile-infantry>
    <light-cavalry-vs-spearmen>80.0</light-cavalry-vs-spearmen>
    <light-cavalry-vs-phalanx>85.0</light-cavalry-vs-phalanx>
    <light-cavalry-vs-schiltrom>80.0</light-cavalry-vs-schiltrom>
    <light-cavalry-vs-shield_wall>80.0</light-cavalry-vs-shield_wall>
    <missile-cavalry-vs-heavy-cavalry>80.0</missile-cavalry-vs-heavy-cavalry>
    <missile-cavalry-vs-light-cavalry>20.0</missile-cavalry-vs-light-cavalry>
    <missile-cavalry-vs-missile-cavalry>25.0</missile-cavalry-vs-missile-cavalry>
    <missile-cavalry-vs-heavy-infantry>60.0</missile-cavalry-vs-heavy-infantry>
    <missile-cavalry-vs-light-infantry>30.0</missile-cavalry-vs-light-infantry>
    <missile-cavalry-vs-missile-infantry>10.0</missile-cavalry-vs-missile-infantry>
    <missile-cavalry-vs-spearmen>70.0</missile-cavalry-vs-spearmen>
    <missile-cavalry-vs-phalanx>90.0</missile-cavalry-vs-phalanx>
    <missile-cavalry-vs-schiltrom>90.0</missile-cavalry-vs-schiltrom>
    <missile-cavalry-vs-shield_wall>90.0</missile-cavalry-vs-shield_wall>
    <behind-stakes>80.0</behind-stakes>
    <vs-heavy-infantry>55.0</vs-heavy-infantry>
    <vs-light-infantry>30.0</vs-light-infantry>
    <vs-missile-infantry>20.0</vs-missile-infantry>
    <vs-spearmen>65.0</vs-spearmen>
    <vs-routers>20.0</vs-routers>

I just removed the special lines of infantry and together with my proposal of retreat analyser code they create (in my mod) a very solid mass of infantry and excellent cavalry and missile support, not seen before as I can remember.

It depends from the mod of course.

I will make available the 2 seperate codes as addons to my mod with the Modded Xeryx Envelopement to have the top priority to download as best all purpose AI response proposal of mine
    Installation Instructions:
    Simply unzip and copy these files (battle_config.xml, config_ai_battle.xml) to replace these of DarthMod. (I offer the typical file structure of a Mod-Switch version).

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: DarthMod Battle AI addon + small AI tutorial

Thanks Darth
    XAI builds upon your code, we have always includes your parameters. Obviously, some people never noticed!! Darth was the first to add in new code to the game, and this is why he was such a great modder!! He dared to change the things that needed to be changed.

Yes Darth, we will talk!! it is possible the BAI will work fully in med2, I haven't tried it though.

I have posted, my thoughts on the path_finding file, in our XAI forums. I have also redone the numbers, and it is working much more to my satisfaction. Do you remember the trailers for the game, now it is playing just like them, except they aren't scripted!
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

PeteSKTemplar's Avatar Ordinarius

I thought I definitelly abandoned m2tw (Kingdoms) for I still love DarthMod 8.1 RTW very much but it seems I have to ask for my m2tw to be returned (I borrowed it). It seems toooooo promising.Thanks to You, Darth and You, Xeryx (also for "summoning" Darth back for a while after a while).
    NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM!
    Those words were on lips of Templars when charging,
    M2TW DarthMod Team member - tester (Imperial Snowtrooper)

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

i did 2 custom battles and it seems better i guess. i had a long time to play med2 or kingdoms.
    Last edited by Agisilaos; September 06, 2008 at 02:31 AM.
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Kingdoms not really required. Just patch 1.3. You will notice a vast difference in battle by comparing 1st DarthMod(no addon) and 2nd DarthMod(add on).

By comparing with vanilla is like comparing Day and Night.

Updated with new files for the current DarthMod players.

Default Re: DarthMod Battle AI addons + small AI tutorials

I used your settings but now AI is too passive - they never attack me and always wait until I move against them, which is OK if I'm in attack, but its kinda wierd if I'm defending against huge army - I play without time limit and it makes battles imposible to end if you dont wanna be destroyed in the open and never abandon own defensive position.

Another issue i found was when i closed in to some enemy units with my gunmen or Arquebusiers - AI charged, took a salvo, then stopped and waited until shot to pieces/ morale got low and retreated.

I have one formation question - is in M2TW possible to create faction and ERA specific formations? It would be great to have different formation for Medieval Army and different for Renaisance Army - for example Spain used cavalry forces a lot during reconquista and then about 1495 they reformed army to Pike and Shot and Tercio formations.
    Last edited by JaM; September 08, 2008 at 07:35 AM.

Ah thanks Jam for the first really helpful feedback. Which addon did you use?
    Was it a campaign or custom battle?

Indeed AI is much more cautious than before which works better in actually maintainng its army for a long time and force human to do also the attack than wait only.
    I think, genrally, this is a better behaviour for the AI so that it reserves its army better and not suicide maybe.

Sometimes of course, an increased decisiveness results to better outcomes. The average outcome is the key to the actual claim of enhancement.
    About AI hesitance against guns. This happens to all settings if it receives heavy morale penalty at that time, it stays there to retreat. A known game mechanism in many occasion, not of course desirable.

Formations cannot be made specific as I did for RTW. Hard coded. I tried though but it was not possible.

I just applied your changes to my BAI files. its shame formations cant be faction specific, it makes game loose half of the fun.Right now I'm creating own Renaisance campaign for SS6.1, so medieval formations are not ok, anyway, i could rewrite them completly to model Renaisance tactics only..

Passive AI is ok (at least they fight if attacked and they try to respond to missile fire, even if sometimes they are too pasive vs gunpowder units), as i mentioned it before, its only painfull if you have to provoke them when they have huge numerical advantage, but even that can be done by some skirmishing cavalry or artilery. At least it require more skills to won a battle instead of waiting for enemy and leting them to impale themself on my Pike formations...

EDIT:

@ Darth I wanted to personally thank you, very much, for taking all the extra time to write down your findings, because you never had too.
    All of us Sith that followed under you are honored, to have worked with you. You have inspired us to achieve much more, than most would have ever though possible. You have been a true pillar of this community, and we hope that you at least stick around some. We also wish you the best, and hope that your journey is safe and prosperous. I hope that one day we can work together again.

The DARK SIDE RULES!!! and Jedi's are fools.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteSKTemplar View Post
    I thought I definitelly abandoned m2tw (Kingdoms) for I still love DarthMod 8.1 RTW very much but it seems I have to ask for my m2tw to be returned (I borrowed it). It seems toooooo promising.Thanks to You, Darth and You, Xeryx (also for "summoning" Darth back for a while after a while).
    It was difficult, but he felt the disturbance in the force!! So he came back, to check on us!!
    Last edited by xeryx; September 09, 2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: merge
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Darth, do you remember what you told me before leaving?

"This game engine has great potential, and it has never been tapped" : Darth Vader

We are now just starting to tap into it's full Dark power

Finally I have it installed and coudnt to go sleep withouth a try so I checked twohanded units (a pain in all mods I think) against spearmen and to my surprice they slaughtered them with great ease. Against cavalry 2handed units were better than regular swordsmen though as I did expect they were still defeated even when not charged by cavalry but it was almost close defeat. I liked such outcome. Tomorrow (hopefully) I should be able to start a campaign. If anything specific should be tested let me know.

I played for few hours as Byzantium Empire. Those lines of infantry look astonishing I mean formation of infantry (well I accustomed myself for wide thin line of phalanxes from RTW). Just little bit strange what Ive seen was a situation when general (he already lost his bodyguards) stood in the centre of "sea of my infantry" for such long time until finally was taken down. It seemed to me that those changes which are supposed to make infantry hiting faster are not working as I expected (cavalry is being hit often but to very low effect). On the other hand in case of 2handed units I found them much more effective (they wre killing enemies faster than before in comparison with swordsmen I think those changes made 2handed units better much more than those swordsmen). Perhaps I should try vanilla at first though I dont desire even to look at it. On the other hand perhaps it was too long time since I played M2TW. What is for certain a difference easy to be seen - its great massing infantry, Against such big mass of infantry for example even a charge made by HC is hurting but not deadly as it used to be. I liked that change indeed.

Update: It seems to me that new changes made infantry faster I mean their attack rate, they are swinging their swords, shields, spears every moment but somehow it seems to me that effectiveness isnt changed. Like those changes made battles faster in action but not in time, those guys are killing each other I guess in same time as before though they attack faster they dont kill faster somehow. Heavy cavalry can get by its charge in the middle of the mass (nice mass more like a sea) of infantry and get out without casualties for example.
    Pity that 2handed units dont have simplier and more effective animations like RTW has for there is no way to make those units faster bcs of slow animation IMO worse than was used in RTW for 2handed units. I was thiking about absurdity of paradox that regular swordsmen attack faster but dont kill faster and just opposite outcome of 2handed units which attack with same rate but kill quicker.
    When thinking about cavalry how it is able to get so easily from the infantry encirclement I wonder if it would be possible to make their pass through infantry slower. I dont want to see something like in RTW that one foot soldier coud block for "ethernity" a horsman but now its like an opposite, cavalry is going like a knive through butter through such masses of infantry. Aint talking about a charge (IMO charge should be able to get deep in lines, but after that momentum cavalry might have a harder time to get back from those lines of infantry. Perhaps if they would push infantry away like in DarthMod for RTW while moving it would seem better but I really dont know whether it would be possible for all I know that M2TW engine is the same as RTW has though changes were made.

Well finally I have some HC not just general´s bodyguards and they do take a damage while trying to get out mass of. Those 2 hitpoints mean a difference which bodyguards have. I eagerly wait a moment I will be able to produce cataphracts with better armor. I have to say that heavy infatry like swordsmen now are much more effective IMO not in killing HC but is somehow more resistful, they dont die so quickly as before so I presume those changes to make cavalry hiting slower works very good.
    I miss other feedbacks for I guess I might be still influenced by RTW very much for its been really long time since my last M2TW play. Its been confirmed to me when I played DarthAges. I should play vanilla first thats obvious but I totally hate vanilla.
    Last edited by PeteSKTemplar; September 17, 2008 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Update

@xeryx:
    No I do not remember that I used the wordtapped but I do remember I said it somehow
    I am so dizzy right now... cannot write much. I was too busy this week and could not test anything else.

@PeteSKTemplar:
    My good friend. A lot of time to speak. Thank you for the feedback. Could you tell me which addon did you use? I insist on trying with the modified xeryx envelopment system.

I used all files, so Xeryx made envelopment system including. Yesterday I tried Darth Ages with XBAI and though I like Ancient times much more than Medieval the latter is much better game. (Ive just increased an armor of some most advanced units). It was great to see AI acting unlike I had experience so far.
    @Darth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2fjmulyIhA
    Could be better but still I liked that "humanitarian help"!
    Last edited by PeteSKTemplar; September 18, 2008 at 12:06 PM.

@ Darth Hello my friend, we are planing on taking your advice BTW and removing some of the infantry units from the flanking analyzer. We will most likely leave light units like spearman and light infantry, so they can more easily gang up on heavier units. The main problem like you said is front line cohesion. When you get some time if you are even considering sticking around, please give me a PM because we have some more exciting stuff, we would like to talk to you about!!

@ pete Hello, I hope you can give us input too I was a little confused by your post? would you mind clarifiying it.

O.K. I try to reedit my post. I am really sorry for though English words but not English way of expressing myself.
    EDIT: I reedited my previous post and its really sometimes funny to see how English has to be concrete. (Slovak doesnt need to say everything to understand more than its said or written.)
    BUT I HAVE TO ACKNOWLEDGE AGAIN THAT THIS WAS MY FIRST EXPERIENCE AFTER PLAYING RTW DARTHMOD. So such feedback isnt good after all M2TW is supposed to be differente to RTW.
    About DarthAges and XBAI I already mentioned something in its feedback thread and I shall continue. One question "I have": Would be problem to have at the same time installed DarthMod and DarthAges?? If yes I shall install m2tw to new folder (but I dont have big HD just 80 GB altogether).
    Last edited by PeteSKTemplar; September 17, 2008 at 05:36 AM.

You should not have any conflicts between those two mods. I totally understand about English, because it confuses me too sometimes, plus I am not a very good typist. All i have to say is hang in there man, many good changes are coming. The Dark Side will prevail

In our current testing, we actually have the AI winning on VH 90% of the time in an equal force siege. So, I may have to tone down the defensive bonus now. It was only a 20% bonus, and they said it couldn't be done.

Sounds quite unbelievable. Thats something what really is worthy to stick with M2TW still though less finished as RTW but after such modding offering much more.

Darth, I have felt your great work surround us. I would love to find out more about cavalry mass, as it is an issue with so many mods. You Darth are the master of Cavalry!!

I would also like to know, how you feel about the community using your works in their mods, as it is not really mentioned from what I have seen.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 24, 2008 at 09:57 PM.

Hello again all + Xeryx,

I have just installed Kingdoms finally to my PC. I have so few time to share with you + write some more tutorials also about mass but will do maybe next week. I will try to play some Kingdoms unmodded and modded to see what has being evolved and maybe... maybe I will see to it personally again. Until then write to me about whatever else.

Above all other works I do, I write also a medieval article about medieval tactics which will be published by "Stratiotiki Istoria" magazines: Ekdoseis periskopio... Greeks should know. (Στρατιωτική Ιστορία: Εκδόσεις Περισκόπιο)

I will let you know when this comes out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast