Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: GOAT and GOAL: A collection of modelling and animation utilities

Default Re: GOAT and GOAL: A collection of modelling and animation utilities

I have a question concerning vertex weighting using 3ds Max. I use a Skin modifier to weight vertices but when I use KE's Import/Exporter to MS3D and then put the unit in the game, the weights are all messed up and I get floating swords, skewed heads etc. I open the exported MS3D file again to check what went wrong and I see that the bone weights are not the ones I assigned in the first place. The most common problem is everything reverting to bone_pelvis. While the main bodies all have proper weights (and anything I import using the Import Geometry Only option are also fine) anything I model myself (swords, capes etc.) and then try to weight to the skeleton is somehow being changed when I export to MS3D. Does anyone else use 3ds Max for modelling who could help me out here?

The classic 'crucifiction' pose in the first picture also points towards an error with the setup. Alatuns 'Tome of Knowledge' has some good pointers to cure that. As far as other odd effects go, zero all the bones ( working in MS3D this is simple. Go to tools and click zero rotations ) or there will be issues with the animations. They are calculated on the assumption that your base-pose is the reference.

As far as the odd effects go, they do not look as though they are related to your extra bone. One good check is to animerge the MS3D file with the animation. If the MS3D is OK and hte animations are fine, you will get that OK. Then you know it's the way it has converted to MESH. You will also be able to see how the skeleotn is moveing compared to the mesh. This will show a lot of issues too.

I think the issue is that you are using the animation for slinger with a unit that doesn´t have the extra bone, when you are animating the skeleton you forgot to zeroed joints as previously stated.
    Spartos i use Gmax and is fairly similar to 3dmax , i have the same issue so i only model them in gmax export then rigg it with milkshape and convert it with goat, and it always work.
    Contribuitor IBIICB-WOTN-Modeler-Scripter

Indefinitely Banned

I zeroed the joints and get the same result.

I have attached a .cas and ms3d that doesn't work properly, if anyone wishes to work out why.

Also what's up with the GOAT ms3d-to-mesh converter? It didn't convert the attachment UVs properly.
    Last edited by Banzai!; December 22, 2008 at 01:29 PM.

KnightErrant's Avatar Decanus

@Banzai!,

Ah shoot, Banzai!, you caught me on that one. JMRC over at EB II found
    the error I made in converting attachments for human units. I've got a
    series of bug-fixes for GOAT1_0. I'll release it tomorrow and call it
    GOATv1_1 (a little bit of a misnomer since most of the fixes are in the
    library). The fixes are: uv's on attachments, siege_engines not back
    converting correctly, castotxt button messing up on horse animation
    files (turns 0 0.12345 into 00.12345, borks the whole back conversion
    program) and probably a few other things. The whole problem of -1
    for secondary bone assignments is now solved by simply making them
    assigned to 0 with weight 0.0. Bottom line for units with an extra bone
    is the attachments should now be done correctly.

@KE
    Hey ke what about the error that happen when cnverting strats models with goat, wha tit does is add the comment from attachments to the figure one. so that cause it to crash when try to convert it back to .cas, unless of course you change it manually but i think most user have not much experience to do such things for them selfs.
    I have also found another anomality, i have made a units " 95 th rifle men" it work normally in the animerge, but in game it has a the Jesus Christ Syndrome, i have pm the file to Bwian and he found some stuff that he did not know how it did happen,
    Done some preliminary checks, and all does indeed look fine. The part names and such look fine, but I was getting some odd things happening when I ran the vertex fix underweighted bones and the other bits. Normally, it leaves all teh vertices unselected...but this just unselected teh body part and left the rest. There might be some issue there...
    What i did is made the primitive model with milkshape and also i have noticed when i import an .obj and made almost the whole model with imported .obj the units seems fine with the animerge but in game has the J C Syndrome. if you are interested i ´ll pm ya the file.
    I am just adding as much as buggs i found that could be solve, thought it would help.

theres any slinger animation working for mtw2?
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

KnightErrant's Avatar Decanus

@Icedie
    Shoot! I'll have to look at stratmap stuff over again. Just to
    check, you have moved all the vanilla .tga files over as
    Lord_Condormanius posted?

@Ataegina,
    I think EBII has slingers but with one bone. I don't think anyone
    has done a multi-bone with a really cool release anim. That is what
    I wanted to do, but just never had the time to finish it off.
    A two-bone slinger would allow the slinger to have a nice release
    anim and still stay below the 25-bone limit Bwian found.

so KE, how close is a breakthrough to Slinger anim? My mod EOR can sure use it however i contacted EBII a few times, no reply

well a workable basic anim would be better of none, even not being " super cool " =)
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

YEAH! Thanks Bwian! Older version required

edit: I have a problem.. When i have no problem to convert the stakes mesh to ms3d, but somehow, i cant convert the ms3d to mesh.
    Any solution? Thanks
    Last edited by Krieg_Boy; December 25, 2008 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krieg_Boy View Post
    YEAH! Thanks Bwian! Older version required

edit: I have a problem.. When i have no problem to convert the stakes mesh to ms3d, but somehow, i cant convert the ms3d to mesh.
    Any solution? Thanks
    It has to be same problem that the strat model has, try move the comments in the attachments or figure , the first paragraph to the model comment, second paragraph to the attachemtns comment a leave the rest to the figure,, try to reverse it now, and goodluck.

@KE i have no .tga file porblem with the strats, in fact it was something i noticed, but i know how to fix it manually, so i don´t need a new version of GOAT i am more than please with your job, i was just saying it.

The model dont have attachements, and just one comment: "GenMesh"

and when i try to convert it to mesh says: meshgroup.groupflag = tokens[2]
    IndexError: list index out of range

Delete the comment then!! hope that´ll fix it

No, no result. :S

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai! View Post
    I zeroed the joints and get the same result.

I have attached a .cas and ms3d that doesn't work properly, if anyone wishes to work out why.

Also what's up with the GOAT ms3d-to-mesh converter? It didn't convert the attachment UVs properly.
    So does anyone have any more info why these slingers don't work?

Post 144 has the ms3d and a sample animation .cas.

Here is my descr_skeletons.txt:
    Code:
    type  MTW2_Slinger
    reference_points  siege_engines/UnitModelsRefPoints/Javelin_Ref_Point.modelReferencePoints
    parent  MTW2_Spear
    locomotion_table soldier
    ;anim  default             data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_basepose.cas
    anim  default          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_basepose_modified.cas
    ;;;Reaction
    anim  knockback_from_front          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_front_modified.cas  -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_front.evt
    anim  knockback_from_right          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_right_modified.cas  -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_right.evt
    anim  knockback_from_back           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_back_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_back.evt
    anim  knockback_from_left           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_left_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_left.evt
    anim  knockback_move_from_front         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_front_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_front.evt
    anim  knockback_move_from_right         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_right_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_right.evt
    anim  knockback_move_from_back         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_back_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_back.evt
    anim  knockback_move_from_left         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_left_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_left.evt
    anim  knockdown_forward_launch         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_forward_launch_modified.cas -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_forward_launch.evt
    anim  knockdown_forward_lying          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_forward_lying_modified.cas  -fr
    anim  knockdown_forward_recover         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_forward_recover_modified.cas -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_forward_recover.evt
    anim  knockdown_launch           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_backward_launch_modified.cas -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_backward_launch.evt
    anim  knockdown_lying            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_backward_lying_modified.cas -fr
    anim  knockdown_recover           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_backward_recover_modified.cas -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_backward_recover.evt
    ;;;Death
    anim  die_forward_1            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_die_forward_2_modified.cas -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_die_forward_1.evt
    anim  die_forward_2            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_die_forward_2_modified.cas -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_die_forward_2.evt
    anim  die_backward_1            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_die_backward_1_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_die_backward_1.evt
    anim  die_backward_2            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_die_backward_1_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_die_backward_2.evt
    anim  die_falling_cycle           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_die_flailing_cycle_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_die_flailing_cycle.evt
    anim  die_falling_end            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_flailing_cycle_to_land_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_flailing_cycle_to_land.evt

;;;Non-Combat
    anim  stand_a_idle            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_a_hf_idle_1           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_1.evt
    anim  stand_a_hf_idle_2           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_2.evt
    anim  stand_a_hf_idle_3           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_3.evt
    anim  stand_a_lf_idle_1           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_1.evt
    anim  stand_a_lf_idle_2           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_2.evt
    anim  stand_a_lf_idle_3           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_3.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_stand_b           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_stand_c           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_walk            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_walk_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_walk.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_run            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_run_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_run.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_ready           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_hide            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_hide_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_hide.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_climb_up           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_climb_up_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_climb_up.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_climb_down          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_climb_down_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_climb_down.evt
    anim  stand_a_turn_45_cw_1          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_45_ccw_modified.cas -mintd:10 -maxtd:68 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_45_ccw.evt
    anim  stand_a_turn_45_ccw_1          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_45_ccw_modified.cas -mintd:10 -maxtd:68 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_45_ccw.evt
    anim  stand_a_turn_90_cw_1          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_90_cw_modified.cas -mintd:67 -maxtd:115 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_90_cw.evt
    anim  stand_a_turn_90_ccw_1          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_90_ccw_modified.cas -mintd:67 -maxtd:115 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_90_ccw.evt
    anim  step_forward            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_forward_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_forward.evt
    anim  step_backward            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_backward_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_backward.evt
    anim  step_left             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_left_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_left.evt
    anim  step_right             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_right_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_right.evt
    anim  taunt_1              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_taunt_1_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_taunt_1.evt
    anim  taunt_2              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_taunt_2_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_taunt_2.evt
    anim  taunt_3              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_taunt_3_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_taunt_3.evt
    anim  taunt_4              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_taunt_4_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_taunt_4.evt
    anim  celebrate_1             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_celebrate_1_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_celebrate_1.evt
    anim  celebrate_2             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_celebrate_2_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_celebrate_2.evt
    anim  stand_b_idle            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_b_hf_idle_1           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_1.evt
    anim  stand_b_hf_idle_2           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_2.evt
    anim  stand_b_hf_idle_3           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_3.evt
    anim  stand_b_lf_idle_1           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_1.evt
    anim  stand_b_lf_idle_2           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_2.evt
    anim  stand_b_lf_idle_3           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_3.evt
    anim  stand_b_to_stand_a           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_b_to_stand_c           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_b_to_walk            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_walk_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_walk.evt
    anim  stand_b_to_run            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_run_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_run.evt
    anim  stand_b_to_ready           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready.evt
    anim  stand_c_idle            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_c_hf_idle_1           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_1.evt
    anim  stand_c_hf_idle_2           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_2.evt
    anim  stand_c_hf_idle_3           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_3.evt
    anim  stand_c_lf_idle_1           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_1.evt
    anim  stand_c_lf_idle_2           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_2.evt
    anim  stand_c_lf_idle_3           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_3.evt
    anim  stand_c_to_stand_b           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_c_to_stand_a           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_c_to_walk            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_walk_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_walk.evt
    anim  stand_c_to_run            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_run_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_run.evt
    anim  stand_c_to_ready           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready.evt
    anim  ready              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_idle.evt
    anim  ready_hf_idle_1            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_hf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr
    anim  ready_hf_idle_2            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_hf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_hf_idle_2.evt
    anim  ready_hf_idle_3            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_hf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr
    anim  ready_lf_low_morale_1          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_1_modified.cas   -fr  
    anim  ready_lf_low_morale_2          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_2_modified.cas   -fr  
    anim  ready_lf_low_morale_3          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_3_modified.cas   -fr  
    anim  ready_lf_high_morale_1          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_1_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_1.evt
    anim  ready_lf_high_morale_2          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_2_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_2.evt
    anim  ready_lf_high_morale_3          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_3_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_3.evt
    anim  ready_to_stand_a           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_stand_A_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  ready_to_advance           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_advance_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_advance.evt
    anim  ready_to_retreat           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_retreat_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_retreat.evt
    anim  ready_to_combat_jog           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_combat_jog_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_combat_jog.evt
    ;anim  ready_to_charge            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_charge_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_charge.evt
    anim  ready_turn_cw_15           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_15CW_modified.cas -mintd:5 -maxtd:30 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_15CW.evt
    anim  ready_turn_ccw_15           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_15CCW_modified.cas -mintd:5 -maxtd:30 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_15CCW.evt
    anim  ready_turn_cw_45           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_45CW_modified.cas -mintd:29 -maxtd:68 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_45CW.evt
    anim  ready_turn_ccw_45           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_45CCW_modified.cas -mintd:29 -maxtd:68 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_45CCW.evt
    anim  ready_turn_cw_90           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_90CW_modified.cas -mintd:67 -maxtd:115 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_90CW.evt
    anim  ready_turn_ccw_90           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_90CCW_modified.cas -mintd:67 -maxtd:115 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_90CCW.evt
    anim  shuffle_left            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_left_modified.cas -fr       -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_left.evt
    anim  shuffle_right            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_right_modified.cas -fr       -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_right.evt
    anim  shuffle_forward            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_forwards_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_forwards.evt
    anim  shuffle_backward           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_backwards_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_backwards.evt
    anim  walk              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_walk_modified.cas        -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_walk.evt
    anim  walk_to_stand_a            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_walk_to_stand_A_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_walk_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  walk_to_run             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_walk_to_run_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_walk_to_run.evt
    anim  combat_jog             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Combat_Jog_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Combat_Jog.evt
    anim  combat_jog_to_ready           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Combat_Jog_to_Ready_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Combat_Jog_to_Ready.evt
    anim  combat_jog_to_advance          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Combat_Jog_to_Advance_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Combat_Jog_to_Advance.evt
    anim  run               data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_run_modified.cas        -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_run.evt
    anim  run_to_stand_a            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_run_to_stand_A_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_run_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  run_to_walk             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_run_to_walk_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_run_to_walk.evt
    ;anim  run_to_charge            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_run_to_charge_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_run_to_charge.evt
    anim  advance              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_advance_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_advance.evt
    anim  advance_to_ready           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_advance_to_ready_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_advance_to_ready.evt
    anim  advance_to_combat_jog          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_advance_to_combat_jog_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_advance_to_combat_jog.evt
    anim  retreat              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_retreat_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_retreat.evt
    anim  retreat_to_ready           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_retreat_to_ready_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_retreat_to_ready.evt
    ;anim  charge              data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge.evt
    ;anim  charge_to_ready            data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge_to_ready.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge_to_ready.evt
    ;anim  charge_attack            data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge_attack.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge_attack.evt
    ;anim  charge_jump_attack           data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge_jump_attack.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge_jump_attack.evt
    anim  hide              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_hide_idle_modified.cas       -fr
    anim  hide_to_stand_a            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_hide_to_stand_A_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_hide_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  hide_to_stealthy_walk          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_hide_to_stealthy_walk_modified.cas    -fr 
    anim  stealthy_walk            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stealthy_walk_modified.cas      -fr
    anim  stealthy_walk_to_stand_a         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stealthy_walk_to_stand_A_modified.cas   -fr -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stealthy_walk_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  stealthy_walk_to_hide          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stealthy_walk_to_hide_modified.cas    -fr
    anim  stealthy_walk_to_walk          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stealthy_walk_to_walk_modified.cas    -fr -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stealthy_walk_to_walk.evt
    anim  climb_up             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Climb_Up_modified.cas        -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Climb_Up.evt
    anim  climb_down             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Climb_Down_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Climb_Down.evt
    anim  climb_up_to_stand_a           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Climb_up_to_stand_A_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Climb_up_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  climb_down_to_stand_a          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Climb_down_to_Stand_A_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Climb_down_to_Stand_A.evt
    anim  climb_idle             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Climb_idle_modified.cas      -fr

anim  stand_a_to_ready       data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready_modified.cas  -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Javelin/MTW2_Javelin_stand_A_to_ready.evt
    anim  stand_b_to_ready       data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready_modified.cas  -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Javelin/MTW2_Javelin_stand_B_to_ready.evt
    anim  stand_c_to_ready       data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready_modified.cas  -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Javelin/MTW2_Javelin_stand_C_to_ready.evt
    anim  ready_to_stand_a       data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_attack_ready_to_stand_A_modified.cas  -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Javelin/MTW2_Javelin_ready_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  ready          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_attack_ready_modified.cas      -fr       -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Javelin/MTW2_Javelin_ready.evt

;;;Attack
    anim  attack_missile_ready      data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_attack_ready_modified.cas  -fr
    anim  attack_missile_hold       data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_attack_ready_modified.cas  -fr
    anim  attack_missile_release      data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_attack_missile_release_modified.cas  -fr -id:0.0, 1.5, 1.0, -if:34  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Javelin/MTW2_Javelin_attack_missile_release.evt

type  MTW2_Fast_Slinger
    reference_points  siege_engines/UnitModelsRefPoints/Javelin_Ref_Point.modelReferencePoints
    parent  MTW2_Slinger
    anim  run               data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Fast_Spear_run_modified.cas        -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_run.evt
    and modeldb:
    Code:
    11 akonslinger 
    1 1 
    40 unit_models/banzai/akonslinger_lod0.mesh 5000 
    4 merc 
    42 unit_models/banzai/greekarmour.tga.texture 
    42 unit_models/banzai/greekarmournorm.texture 
    53 unit_sprites/england_Dummy_EN_Mail_Knights_sprite.spr 
    4 merc 
    40 unit_models/banzai/greekweps.tga.texture 
    40 unit_models/banzai/greekwepsnorm.texture 0 
    4 None 
    17 MTW2_Fast_Slinger 
    20 MTW2_Non_Shield_Fast 1 
    20 MTW2_Javelin_primary 1 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    As you can see I made a full animations set before finding out it was borked
    Last edited by Banzai!; December 30, 2008 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai! View Post
    So does anyone have any more info why these slingers don't work?

Post 144 has the ms3d and a sample animation .cas.

Here is my descr_skeletons.txt:
    Code:
    type  MTW2_Slinger
    parent  MTW2_Spear
    locomotion_table soldier
    ;anim  default             data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_basepose.cas
    anim  default          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_basepose_modified.cas
    ;;;Reaction
    anim  knockback_from_front          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_front_modified.cas  -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_front.evt
    anim  knockback_from_right          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_right_modified.cas  -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_right.evt
    anim  knockback_from_back           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_back_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_back.evt
    anim  knockback_from_left           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_left_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_from_left.evt
    anim  knockback_move_from_front         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_front_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_front.evt
    anim  knockback_move_from_right         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_right_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_right.evt
    anim  knockback_move_from_back         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_back_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_back.evt
    anim  knockback_move_from_left         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_left_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockback_move_from_left.evt
    anim  knockdown_forward_launch         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_forward_launch_modified.cas -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_forward_launch.evt
    anim  knockdown_forward_lying          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_forward_lying_modified.cas  -fr
    anim  knockdown_forward_recover         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_forward_recover_modified.cas -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_forward_recover.evt
    anim  knockdown_launch           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_backward_launch_modified.cas -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_backward_launch.evt
    anim  knockdown_lying            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_backward_lying_modified.cas -fr
    anim  knockdown_recover           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_backward_recover_modified.cas -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_knockdown_backward_recover.evt
    ;;;Death
    anim  die_forward_1            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_die_forward_2_modified.cas -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_die_forward_1.evt
    anim  die_forward_2            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_die_forward_2_modified.cas -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_die_forward_2.evt
    anim  die_backward_1            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_die_backward_1_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_die_backward_1.evt
    anim  die_backward_2            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_die_backward_1_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_die_backward_2.evt
    anim  die_falling_cycle           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_die_flailing_cycle_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_die_flailing_cycle.evt
    anim  die_falling_end            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_flailing_cycle_to_land_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_flailing_cycle_to_land.evt

;;;Non-Combat
    anim  stand_a_idle            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_a_hf_idle_1           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_1.evt
    anim  stand_a_hf_idle_2           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_2.evt
    anim  stand_a_hf_idle_3           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_3.evt
    anim  stand_a_lf_idle_1           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_1.evt
    anim  stand_a_lf_idle_2           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_2.evt
    anim  stand_a_lf_idle_3           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_3.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_stand_b           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_stand_c           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_walk            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_walk_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_walk.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_run            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_run_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_run.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_ready           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_hide            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_hide_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_hide.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_climb_up           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_climb_up_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_climb_up.evt
    anim  stand_a_to_climb_down          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_climb_down_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_climb_down.evt
    anim  stand_a_turn_45_cw_1          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_45_ccw_modified.cas -mintd:10 -maxtd:68 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_45_ccw.evt
    anim  stand_a_turn_45_ccw_1          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_45_ccw_modified.cas -mintd:10 -maxtd:68 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_45_ccw.evt
    anim  stand_a_turn_90_cw_1          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_90_cw_modified.cas -mintd:67 -maxtd:115 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_90_cw.evt
    anim  stand_a_turn_90_ccw_1          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_90_ccw_modified.cas -mintd:67 -maxtd:115 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_turn_90_ccw.evt
    anim  step_forward            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_forward_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_forward.evt
    anim  step_backward            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_backward_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_backward.evt
    anim  step_left             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_left_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_left.evt
    anim  step_right             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_right_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_step_right.evt
    anim  taunt_1              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_taunt_1_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_taunt_1.evt
    anim  taunt_2              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_taunt_2_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_taunt_2.evt
    anim  taunt_3              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_taunt_3_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_taunt_3.evt
    anim  taunt_4              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_taunt_4_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_taunt_4.evt
    anim  celebrate_1             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_celebrate_1_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_celebrate_1.evt
    anim  celebrate_2             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_celebrate_2_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_celebrate_2.evt
    anim  stand_b_idle            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_b_hf_idle_1           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_1.evt
    anim  stand_b_hf_idle_2           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_2.evt
    anim  stand_b_hf_idle_3           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_3.evt
    anim  stand_b_lf_idle_1           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_1.evt
    anim  stand_b_lf_idle_2           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_2.evt
    anim  stand_b_lf_idle_3           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_3.evt
    anim  stand_b_to_stand_a           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_b_to_stand_c           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_b_to_walk            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_walk_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_walk.evt
    anim  stand_b_to_run            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_run_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_run.evt
    anim  stand_b_to_ready           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready.evt
    anim  stand_c_idle            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_c_hf_idle_1           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_1.evt
    anim  stand_c_hf_idle_2           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_2.evt
    anim  stand_c_hf_idle_3           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_hf_idle_3.evt
    anim  stand_c_lf_idle_1           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_1.evt
    anim  stand_c_lf_idle_2           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_2.evt
    anim  stand_c_lf_idle_3           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_lf_idle_3.evt
    anim  stand_c_to_stand_b           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_c_to_stand_a           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_idle.evt
    anim  stand_c_to_walk            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_walk_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_walk.evt
    anim  stand_c_to_run            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_run_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Stand_A_to_run.evt
    anim  stand_c_to_ready           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready.evt
    anim  ready              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_idle_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_idle.evt
    anim  ready_hf_idle_1            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_hf_idle_1_modified.cas     -fr
    anim  ready_hf_idle_2            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_hf_idle_2_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_hf_idle_2.evt
    anim  ready_hf_idle_3            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_hf_idle_3_modified.cas     -fr
    anim  ready_lf_low_morale_1          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_1_modified.cas   -fr  
    anim  ready_lf_low_morale_2          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_2_modified.cas   -fr  
    anim  ready_lf_low_morale_3          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_3_modified.cas   -fr  
    anim  ready_lf_high_morale_1          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_1_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_1.evt
    anim  ready_lf_high_morale_2          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_2_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_2.evt
    anim  ready_lf_high_morale_3          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_3_modified.cas   -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_LF_high_morale_3.evt
    anim  ready_to_stand_a           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_stand_A_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  ready_to_advance           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_advance_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_advance.evt
    anim  ready_to_retreat           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_retreat_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_retreat.evt
    anim  ready_to_combat_jog           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_combat_jog_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_combat_jog.evt
    ;anim  ready_to_charge            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_charge_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_to_charge.evt
    anim  ready_turn_cw_15           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_15CW_modified.cas -mintd:5 -maxtd:30 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_15CW.evt
    anim  ready_turn_ccw_15           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_15CCW_modified.cas -mintd:5 -maxtd:30 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_15CCW.evt
    anim  ready_turn_cw_45           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_45CW_modified.cas -mintd:29 -maxtd:68 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_45CW.evt
    anim  ready_turn_ccw_45           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_45CCW_modified.cas -mintd:29 -maxtd:68 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_45CCW.evt
    anim  ready_turn_cw_90           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_90CW_modified.cas -mintd:67 -maxtd:115 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_90CW.evt
    anim  ready_turn_ccw_90           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_90CCW_modified.cas -mintd:67 -maxtd:115 -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_ready_turn_90CCW.evt
    anim  shuffle_left            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_left_modified.cas -fr       -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_left.evt
    anim  shuffle_right            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_right_modified.cas -fr       -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_right.evt
    anim  shuffle_forward            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_forwards_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_forwards.evt
    anim  shuffle_backward           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_backwards_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_shuffle_backwards.evt
    anim  walk              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_walk_modified.cas        -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_walk.evt
    anim  walk_to_stand_a            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_walk_to_stand_A_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_walk_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  walk_to_run             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_walk_to_run_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_walk_to_run.evt
    anim  combat_jog             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Combat_Jog_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Combat_Jog.evt
    anim  combat_jog_to_ready           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Combat_Jog_to_Ready_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Combat_Jog_to_Ready.evt
    anim  combat_jog_to_advance          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Combat_Jog_to_Advance_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Combat_Jog_to_Advance.evt
    anim  run               data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_run_modified.cas        -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_run.evt
    anim  run_to_stand_a            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_run_to_stand_A_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_run_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  run_to_walk             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_run_to_walk_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_run_to_walk.evt
    ;anim  run_to_charge            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_run_to_charge_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_run_to_charge.evt
    anim  advance              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_advance_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_advance.evt
    anim  advance_to_ready           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_advance_to_ready_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_advance_to_ready.evt
    anim  advance_to_combat_jog          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_advance_to_combat_jog_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_advance_to_combat_jog.evt
    anim  retreat              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_retreat_modified.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_retreat.evt
    anim  retreat_to_ready           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_retreat_to_ready_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_retreat_to_ready.evt
    ;anim  charge              data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge.cas       -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge.evt
    ;anim  charge_to_ready            data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge_to_ready.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge_to_ready.evt
    ;anim  charge_attack            data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge_attack.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge_attack.evt
    ;anim  charge_jump_attack           data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge_jump_attack.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_charge_jump_attack.evt
    anim  hide              data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_hide_idle_modified.cas       -fr
    anim  hide_to_stand_a            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_hide_to_stand_A_modified.cas     -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_hide_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  hide_to_stealthy_walk          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_hide_to_stealthy_walk_modified.cas    -fr 
    anim  stealthy_walk            data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stealthy_walk_modified.cas      -fr
    anim  stealthy_walk_to_stand_a         data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stealthy_walk_to_stand_A_modified.cas   -fr -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stealthy_walk_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  stealthy_walk_to_hide          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stealthy_walk_to_hide_modified.cas    -fr
    anim  stealthy_walk_to_walk          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stealthy_walk_to_walk_modified.cas    -fr -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_stealthy_walk_to_walk.evt
    anim  climb_up             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Climb_Up_modified.cas        -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Climb_Up.evt
    anim  climb_down             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Climb_Down_modified.cas      -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Climb_Down.evt
    anim  climb_up_to_stand_a           data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Climb_up_to_stand_A_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Climb_up_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  climb_down_to_stand_a          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Climb_down_to_Stand_A_modified.cas    -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_Climb_down_to_Stand_A.evt
    anim  climb_idle             data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_Climb_idle_modified.cas      -fr

anim  stand_a_to_ready       data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready_modified.cas  -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Javelin/MTW2_Javelin_stand_A_to_ready.evt
    anim  stand_b_to_ready       data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready_modified.cas  -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Javelin/MTW2_Javelin_stand_B_to_ready.evt
    anim  stand_c_to_ready       data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_stand_A_to_ready_modified.cas  -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Javelin/MTW2_Javelin_stand_C_to_ready.evt
    anim  ready_to_stand_a       data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_attack_ready_to_stand_A_modified.cas  -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Javelin/MTW2_Javelin_ready_to_stand_A.evt
    anim  ready          data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_attack_ready_modified.cas      -fr       -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Javelin/MTW2_Javelin_ready.evt

;;;Attack
    anim  attack_missile_ready      data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_attack_ready_modified.cas  -fr
    anim  attack_missile_hold       data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_attack_ready_modified.cas  -fr
    anim  attack_missile_release      data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Spear_attack_missile_release_modified.cas  -fr -id:0.0, 1.5, 1.0, -if:34  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Javelin/MTW2_Javelin_attack_missile_release.evt

type  MTW2_Fast_Slinger
    parent  MTW2_Slinger
    anim  run               data/animations/MTW2_Slinger/MTW2_Fast_Spear_run_modified.cas        -fr  -evt:data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_run.evt
    and modeldb:
    Code:
    11 akonslinger 
    1 1 
    40 unit_models/banzai/akonslinger_lod0.mesh 5000 
    4 merc 
    42 unit_models/banzai/greekarmour.tga.texture 
    42 unit_models/banzai/greekarmournorm.texture 
    53 unit_sprites/england_Dummy_EN_Mail_Knights_sprite.spr 
    4 merc 
    40 unit_models/banzai/greekweps.tga.texture 
    40 unit_models/banzai/greekwepsnorm.texture 0 
    4 None 
    17 MTW2_Fast_Slinger 
    20 MTW2_Non_Shield_Fast 1 
    20 MTW2_Javelin_primary 1 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    As you can see I made a full animations set before finding out it was borked
    This comes to mind right now, tha animation name is mtw2_slinger i dont see whre the _fast come from., it uses the javelin animation, why? it should be the sword as secondary only, other than that i think it may be a lack of comment in some parts of your model.

Hi guys, can any one of you make me a big favor?

Please try to convert this mesh, edit the shape and convert it to mesh again.. I tried, but i cant, cant convert it ms3d to mesh again.
    Here is the mesh: Attachment 26813

I convert a missile .cas model using Convert RTW battle CAS button, and how can i convert the mesh to cas again?

I haven't read the whole 8 pages of posts in this thread, and I don't know if anybody did find this issue.

I've converted a strat model into ms3d, and after modifications I find an error. I thought in principle that it was a mistake in my modifications, but I tested a conversion back of the ms3d without modification into cas, and the game doesn't load.

Did anybody tested the cas_2_ms3d and back ms3d_2_cas function? Does it work properly?

Even if the model has no apparent texture assigned, the conversion says something about one texture (late_northern_general_england_strat), even if it is not present in descr_model_strat. In the log, the warning message says this texture is not present and that the video card has not enough memory to load the set of textures. :hmmm:

Any idea about the origin of the problem?