Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: GOAT and GOAL: A collection of modelling and animation utilities

KnightErrant's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: GOAT and GOAL: A collection of modelling and animation utilities

@Rorarii
    Arghh, just tried the export of the extra bone skeleton and the script failed. Haven't
    tried this on an animal before, just humans. So wait on trying the above
    until I can get the bugs worked out.

@Eothese
    Rorarii did post a model earlier. If he doesn't mind, you could do anims with that.
    Have to wait until I get the exporting corrected, of course.

KnightErrant,
    Ah yes I found it, an MS3D file.
    No problem, although I would prefer to finnish the wardog first.
    So no pressure on yourself!

@Rorarii and Eothese
    Found the problem. Script is fine I just had a leftover camelasahorse
    .cas file from back when Bwian and I were messing with this and that's
    what crashed the script. Deleted that file and the export ran fine.

Hm, that's unfortunate.
    What is exactly the bad side of welding vertices? Except the obvious one that you can't weld 2 vertices that are separated in the UV maps, or else converters would bring them back together. I've discovered that if I weld vertices and realign the UV's, seams are gone (of course, except those along the UV joints, like under arm).

Author of the ---== Knights Templar Mod ==---
    Creator of the ---== Lord Calidor's Weapon Pack 1 ==---
    Member of the ---== Dominion of the Sword ==--- and ---== C.B.U.R.P ==---

@Lord_Calidor
    Other than like you said, don't join verts that are separated in uv map,
    shouldn't be a problem if that solves the lighting seam. I wish there was
    a general solution like there is in Max where you can manipulate
    normals directly.

@Rorarii
    Ok, I'm embarrassed but I steered you completely wrong on the skeleton.
    Started trying to zero out the wagging of the chariot in the walk anim
    and realized the pivot point is completely wrong for what we need to do.
    Here's the current skeleton:

The red coordinate system is where the rotations for bone_chariot act at.
    What we need is a tiny, tiny bone_chariot bone and long Rwheel and Lwheel
    like this:

With bone_chariot right by bone_H_saddle we can undo whatever
    bone_H_saddle is doing. On the plus side, animating the wheels is dead
    easy in Milkshape, just divide 360 by the number of frames and put that
    number in the x edit box you get when you click the rotate button. Click
    once on frame 2, twice on frame 3, etc. and the animation is done.

When you get a chance to modify the skeleton, could you post your
    new model up again?

Sorry guys i couldn´t do much i got busy in VLL and EOR models, i upload the Barded_chariot in case anyone want to try it out, it has the KE skeleton solution but no animation for the chariot.
    @KE can you be more specific about the animation, i mean how to make an animation i did it the way you pointed out the wheels rotate but how do i keep the animation saved?
    Last edited by Icedie El Guaraní; October 07, 2008 at 02:36 PM.
    Contribuitor IBIICB-WOTN-Modeler-Scripter

Opifex

KE, is it possible to rotate chariot wheels without bones positioned exactly orthogonally to the axis of rotation? If you rotate the wheel bones as they are in your diagram, the wheels will wobble.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

@Icedie of South
    Thank you so much for the skeleton. It works beautifully!
    Zeroed out the side-to-side wobble of the chariot in about 5
    minutes, then animated the right side wheel in another 2 minutes.
    This is going to be very nice. Still have to fix the goofy fingerbase
    animations for the front legs but I know a text editor way of doing that.

@SigniferOne
    No, they animate fine with just x-rotations. Each joint inherits
    Milkshape's default coord system in the basepose. So imagine little
    coord systems at the pivot points for each bone all oriented along the
    Milkshape axes. Just checked though, if I rotate the whole model in a
    frame, then x-axis only rotations no longer do the right thing. So this
    will only be easy for the going straight ahead anims.

Opifex

Just add "axle" bones, in exactly the same way as the infantry has "hip" bones. Then the whole thing will be easy.

EDIT: Folks, see this thread on the ORG. Bwian and KE practically solved the chariot problem a whole year ago...
    Last edited by SigniferOne; October 07, 2008 at 03:39 PM.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

@SigniferOne
    No need, I had the global rotation radio button checked. If you click
    the local radio button you get body fixed rotations and not space fixed,
    which is what I wanted. With body fixed rotations then you do get
    the little coord systems at each pivot point. Then no matter how
    you orient the model, x-rotation only will still animate the wheels correctly.

The space-fixed option must be there for human animation where it's almost
    impossible to tell where the body axes are when you are at the end of a
    long bone chain like the hand or the foot.

This is a good project for learning a lot of stuff about Milkshape. I hadn't
    paid attention to those buttons before.

Excellent work ICEDie with your mesh, I'm making some progress with that (plus it's heaps better than mine!)

As you can see I'm still getting stiff horses and missing parts. I still cannot use GOAT's MS3D 2 MESH converter, still crashes with previous error message but at least GOM's now works ... I think??? It now adds in the chariot with the horses.

Plus the texture is wrong .. :hmmm:

@KE, I'll try using ICEDies mesh for a while.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

@Rorarii
    If you don't have _lod0 in the model name, GOAT can't figure out what
    lodname to use. I called Icedie's model mount_icedie.ms3d (without
    the _lod0) and I get this message:

which I think is what you were seeing. When I name his model
    mount_icedie_lod0.ms3d, GOAT back converts fine.

@rorarii i think the back and front cloak are the problem, my guess is regroup the back cloak, and chariot, call it back_cloak_chariot, and regroup the front cloak with the wheel and call it front_cloak_wheel may be that will fix it, i can´t try it cause currently i don´t have a working mod folder and i don´t mess around with vanilla(just for safety)
    @KE could you make a quick explanation of This
    ( just divide 360 by the number of frames and put that
    number in the x edit box you get when you click the rotate button. Click
    once on frame 2, twice on frame 3, etc. and the animation is done)
    I did the rotation in each frame but i can´t save the animation(nothing happen when i hit play).(hint)

@Icedie
    Are you saving each keyframe after you do the rotation?
    I mean, do the rotate and then hit CTRL-K or go to menu
    item Animate->Set Keyframe. Otherwise Milkshape won't
    save any animation changes. Actually it's a nice safety feature,
    if you really mess up a frame of animation, you just back out
    one frame and then go forward again and can start all over.

@KE Sweet mate thanks so much it work + rep, i was doing it the other way around(ctrl+K rotate wheels)
    So i guess now i only have to rename the animation to fs_heavy_horse_run.cas and add it in to the descr_skeleton for it to work right?
    Sorry it did not work, where do i find this camelashorse file? i open the GameObjectApplicationToolbox.py and i did not see it.
    Last edited by Icedie El Guaraní; October 08, 2008 at 01:48 PM.

That camelashorse.cas file was a bad file in my working directory. I deleted
    it and then the export worked.

The steps for putting extra bone animations in game are:

1. Create the model with the extra bones, which you did.

2. Extract the new skeleton to a .skelexport with the extractskeleton button.

3. Copy all the fs_horse animations into a working directory, then do the
    exportskeleton button and pick your .skelexport file and then choose
    the working directory to export to. (Just accept the defaults for the
    scaling dialog.)

4. Animmerge your model with one of the animations in the subdirectory
    convertedfiles below your working directory and then animate the new
    bones. Then animextract the new animation out and replace the old
    one in convertedfiles.

Sounds like you've done steps 1 to 4 and have chosen the run animation
    as your test case.

5. Copy the convertedfiles directory into your animations directory and
    rename it to something meaningful like fs_horse_chariot.

6. Edit descr_skeleton.txt and copy the fs_horse section. The first line
    of the entry should be changed to look like

Code:
    type fs_horse_chariot
    This will be the name of the new animation family you are creating.

Then you need all of the other entries to point to your new directory
    so something like:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    type        fs_horse_chariot
    ; locomotion_table mount
    scale        1.12

anim        default                                        data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_Default.CAS

;;basic horse locomotion

anim        stand_a_idle                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_idle.cas                -fr
    anim        stand_a_to_walk                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_to_walk.cas            -fr        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_to_walk.evt
    anim        stand_a_to_run                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_to_run.cas            -fr        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_to_run.evt
    anim        stand_a_to_charge                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_to_run.cas            -fr        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_to_run.evt

anim        stand_a_turn_90_cw_1                        data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_turn_90_cw_1.cas            -mintd:10    -maxtd:115        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_turn_90_cw_1.evt
    anim        stand_a_turn_90_cw_2                        data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_turn_90_cw_1.cas            -mintd:10    -maxtd:115        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_turn_90_cw_1.evt
    anim        stand_a_turn_90_ccw_1                        data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_turn_90_ccw_1.cas            -mintd:10    -maxtd:115        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_turn_90_ccw_1.evt
    anim        stand_a_turn_90_ccw_2                        data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_turn_90_ccw_1.cas            -mintd:10    -maxtd:115        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_turn_90_ccw_1.evt

anim        stand_a_hf_idle_1                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_hf_idle_1.cas            -fr
    anim        stand_a_hf_idle_2                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_hf_idle_2.cas            -fr        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_hf_idle_2.evt
    anim        stand_a_hf_idle_3                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_hf_idle_3.cas            -fr        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_hf_idle_3.evt
    anim        stand_a_lf_idle_1                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_lf_idle_1.cas            -fr        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_lf_idle_1.evt

anim        shuffle_forward                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_shuffle_forward.cas            -fr        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_shuffle_forward.evt
    anim        shuffle_backward                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_shuffle_backward.cas            -fr        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_shuffle_backward.evt
    anim        shuffle_left                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_shuffle_left.cas                -fr        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_shuffle_left.evt
    anim        shuffle_right                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_shuffle_right.cas                -fr        -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_shuffle_right.evt

anim        walk                                        data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_walk.cas                        -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_walk.evt
    anim        walk_to_run                                    data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_walk_to_run.cas                -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_walk_to_run.evt
    anim        walk_to_stand_a                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_walk_to_stand_a.cas            -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_walk_to_stand_a.evt

anim        run                                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_run.cas                        -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_run.evt
    anim        run_to_walk                                    data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_run_to_walk.cas                -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_run_to_walk.evt
    anim        run_to_stand_a                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_run_to_stand_a.cas            -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_run_to_stand_a.evt
    anim        run_to_charge                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_run_to_charge.cas                -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_run_to_charge.evt

anim        charge                                        data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_charge.cas                    -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_charge.evt
    anim        jump                                        data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_jump.cas                        -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_jump.evt
    anim        refuse                                        data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_refuse.cas                    -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_refuse.evt
    anim        attack_mid_centre_1                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_attack_mid_centre_1.cas        -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_attack_mid_centre_1.evt

anim        die_forward_1                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_forward_1.cas                -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_forward_1.evt
    anim        die_backward_1                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_1.cas            -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_1.evt
    anim        die_forward_2                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_forward_2.cas                -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_forward_2.evt
    anim        die_backward_2                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_2.cas            -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_2.evt
    anim        die_to_back_right_1                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_1.cas            -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_1.evt
    anim        die_to_back_right_2                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_2.cas            -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_2.evt
    anim        die_to_back_left_1                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_1.cas            -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_1.evt
    anim        die_to_back_left_2                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_2.cas            -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_2.evt
    anim        die_falling_cycle                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_1.cas            -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_1.evt
    anim        die_falling_end                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_1.cas            -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_backward_1.evt
    anim        die_refusing                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_refusing.cas                -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_refusing.evt
    anim        die_galloping                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_galloping.cas                -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_die_galloping.evt

anim        idle_to_swim                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_to_walk.cas            -fr    -evt:data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_to_walk.evt
    anim        swim_to_idle                                data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_walk_to_stand_a.cas            -fr
    anim        swim_idle                                    data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_stand_a_idle.cas                -fr
    anim        swim                                        data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_walk.cas                        -fr
    anim        swim_shuffle_forward                        data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_shuffle_forward.cas            -fr
    anim        swim_shuffle_backward                        data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_shuffle_backward.cas            -fr
    anim        swim_shuffle_left                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_shuffle_left.cas                -fr
    anim        swim_shuffle_right                            data/animations/fs_horse_chariot/fs_horse_shuffle_right.cas                -fr

Note that I'm only changing the path name to point to the new directory.
    I'm not changing any of the names of the .cas files. Also I'm assuming
    we might as well copy all the .evt files from fs_horse into fs_horse_chariot.
    Those are very small files so no big deal.

You have to have all of the extra bone animations in a family otherwise
    it will crash the game, you can't use the parent mechanism with extra
    bone stuff.

Now you can rebuild your animation packs and the new animations should
    be included in pack.dat, pack.idx, skeleton.dat and skeleton.idx.

7. Edit the modeldb file and add in the new mount model and give it
    the fs_horse_chariot animation family instead of the old fs_horse.

8. Edit the EDU and give the new mount to some horse rider unit.

I think that covers it. Rorarii moved the rider around using by editing
    another file. I'd have to dig back and find that post.

@Icedie
    Found it, it's the rider_offset in DESCR_MOUNT.TXT.

@All
    Got one anim done as a demo:

http://rapidshare.com/files/15213027...legs.ms3d.html

This is the walk anim. Fixed the wiggle on the chariot from bone_H_saddle,
    did the wheels, and got rid of these bad front leg animations:

Not sure about the chariot model. It seemed like it was low so I rotated it
    up some to look like it was more or less on the floor in Milkshape.

Can next anim be Sword and Axe or two swords?

@KE ok great now that 1, to 4 are done the number four is not complete, in order to animate the chariot i need to know how do you change the 00.0000 values in the new bones(chariot, Rwheel, Lwheel)or at least that is what the error message tells me.
    I set the weight to them and the chariot moves like crazy, does that mean i have to animate each bone so that the weighting get effect when animate?, if so i think these would hopefully be it cause i think iif i know how to get rid of the bad front leg in walk animation, and the wiggle chariot i could pull this off and release it for the comunity after your aproval of course.
    These is your animation chariot
    16 bone_chariot bone_H_Saddle
    0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.0000000000 -0.1564085782 -0.2601564527
    21 21
    0.0000000000 0.1902409047 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.1000000015 0.1920657307 0.0038461436 0.0164731666
    0.2000000030 0.1919602305 0.0177604426 0.0085486881
    0.3000000119 0.1919362843 0.0282806791 0.0001433280
    0.4000000060 0.1921554357 0.0387954488 -0.0026086413
    0.5000000000 0.2011271566 0.0423484780 -0.0093164165
    0.6000000238 0.1930544525 0.0445807613 -0.0157584716
    0.6999999881 0.1932956278 0.0427544862 -0.0123015000
    0.8000000119 0.1925530434 0.0360380858 -0.0137806721
    0.8999999762 0.1922599077 0.0240521654 -0.0161801744
    1.0000000000 0.1921100020 0.0137877837 -0.0182176530
    1.1000000238 0.1920130253 0.0000737436 -0.0139624113
    1.2000000477 0.1920053363 -0.0085125435 -0.0086992774
    1.2999999523 0.1919906139 -0.0188198164 -0.0037950031
    1.3999999762 0.1922480017 -0.0307923276 -0.0062271073
    1.5000000000 0.1923943162 -0.0342393741 -0.0034250682
    1.6000000238 0.1924948096 -0.0377087295 0.0028961098
    1.7000000477 0.1927158684 -0.0377188101 0.0064339763
    1.7999999523 0.1926572770 -0.0308725554 0.0113420505
    1.8999999762 0.1925552785 -0.0240014512 0.0127446698
    2.0000000000 0.1922214925 -0.0102723734 0.0189479124
    0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.1000000015 0.0000000000 0.0000000298 0.0000000596
    0.2000000030 -0.0000000028 -0.0000005662 0.0000000596
    0.3000000119 0.0000000037 0.0000000298 0.0000000596
    0.4000000060 0.0000000000 -0.0000000894 0.0000016093
    0.5000000000 -0.0000000373 0.0000025332 0.0000019670
    0.6000000238 0.0000001043 -0.0000000894 -0.0000000596
    0.6999999881 0.0000000000 -0.0000000894 -0.0000016093
    0.8000000119 -0.0000000224 -0.0000015199 0.0000000596
    0.8999999762 0.0000000000 -0.0000012815 0.0000026822
    1.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000298 0.0000000596
    1.1000000238 0.0000000000 0.0000000298 0.0000000596
    1.2000000477 0.0000000000 0.0000000298 0.0000000596
    1.2999999523 0.0000000075 0.0000000298 -0.0000001788
    1.3999999762 0.0000000075 -0.0000002086 -0.0000001788
    1.5000000000 0.0000000075 0.0000000298 0.0000000596
    1.6000000238 0.0000000000 0.0000015795 -0.0000001788
    1.7000000477 0.0000000894 -0.0000019968 -0.0000039935
    1.7999999523 0.0000000000 0.0000000298 -0.0000001788
    1.8999999762 0.0000000000 0.0000000298 0.0000000596
    2.0000000000 -0.0000000075 0.0000012219 0.0000024438

And this is my chariot animation, i only did the wheel animation
    24 bone_chariot bone_H_Saddle
    0.0000000000 -0.1564085782 -0.2601564527
    13 13
    0.0500000007 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.1000000015 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.1500000060 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.2000000030 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.2500000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.3000000119 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.3499999940 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.4000000060 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.4499999881 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.5000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.5500000119 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.6000000238 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.6499999762 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000

well the chariot explain it self why has those 0 values but i can´t understand why the wheels has them too even if i made a 20 frames animation.
    Your wheels animation
    16 bone_Rwheel bone_chariot
    -0.9423611760 -1.2928003073 -2.5951049328
    21 21
    0.1000000015 0.3141405880 0.0034174735 -0.0001726506
    0.2000000030 0.6283177137 0.0011219729 0.0002396025
    0.3000000119 0.9424519539 -0.0070906449 0.0003033986
    0.4000000060 1.2565628290 -0.0179512184 -0.0051053199
    0.5000000000 1.5707198381 -0.0302699655 -0.0128535694
    0.6000000238 1.8850684166 -0.0349144712 -0.0262901355
    0.6999999881 2.1994485855 -0.0357412584 -0.0382399559
    0.8000000119 2.5135922432 -0.0239145011 -0.0433044285
    0.8999999762 2.8276784420 -0.0160340909 -0.0396242663
    1.0000000000 -3.1415357590 -0.0037499971 -0.0305498913
    1.1000000238 -2.8273782730 -0.0046404377 -0.0180714391
    1.2000000477 -2.5132637024 -0.0037859844 -0.0045286175
    1.2999999523 -2.1991043091 -0.0004954949 0.0103449114
    1.3999999762 -1.8849667311 -0.0087902872 0.0168526787
    1.5000000000 -1.5707595348 -0.0123559367 0.0243778918
    1.6000000238 -1.2565057278 -0.0162975565 0.0280301441
    1.7000000477 -0.9422783256 -0.0196871981 0.0209990721
    1.7999999523 -0.6281118989 -0.0153648462 0.0126685621
    1.8999999762 -0.3140430450 -0.0084559275 0.0035494228
    2.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.2000000030 0.0000001192 -0.0000001192 0.0000002384
    0.3000000119 0.0000001192 -0.0000004768 0.0000000000
    0.4000000060 0.0000001788 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.5000000000 0.0000000000 -0.0000001192 0.0000002384
    0.6000000238 -0.0000005960 -0.0000003576 -0.0000002384
    0.6999999881 0.0000004172 -0.0000017881 -0.0000014305
    0.8000000119 0.0000000596 0.0000008345 -0.0000016689
    0.8999999762 -0.0000005364 -0.0000019073 -0.0000019073
    1.0000000000 0.0000009537 0.0000011921 0.0000021458
    1.1000000238 -0.0000011921 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    1.2000000477 0.0000000000 0.0000013113 0.0000000000
    1.2999999523 -0.0000007153 -0.0000014305 0.0000028610
    1.3999999762 -0.0000007749 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    1.5000000000 0.0000025034 0.0000000000 0.0000002384
    1.6000000238 -0.0000017881 -0.0000001192 0.0000000000
    1.7000000477 0.0000003576 -0.0000008345 -0.0000038147
    1.7999999523 -0.0000010133 0.0000002384 0.0000000000
    1.8999999762 0.0000010729 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    2.0000000000 0.0000033975 -0.0000001192 0.0000000000
    16 bone_Lwheel bone_chariot
    1.0016310215 -1.2889733315 -2.5936999321
    21 21
    0.1000000015 0.3141405880 0.0034174726 -0.0001726488
    0.2000000030 0.6283177137 0.0011219723 0.0002396035
    0.3000000119 0.9424519539 -0.0070906421 0.0003033925
    0.4000000060 1.2565628290 -0.0179512259 -0.0051053129
    0.5000000000 1.5707198381 -0.0302699655 -0.0128535694
    0.6000000238 1.8850684166 -0.0349144712 -0.0262901466
    0.6999999881 2.1994485855 -0.0357412659 -0.0382399634
    0.8000000119 2.5135922432 -0.0239145048 -0.0433044322
    0.8999999762 2.8276784420 -0.0160340909 -0.0396242589
    1.0000000000 -3.1415357590 -0.0037486295 -0.0305387508
    1.1000000238 -2.8273782730 -0.0046404460 -0.0180714391
    1.2000000477 -2.5132637024 -0.0037859839 -0.0045286175
    1.2999999523 -2.1991045475 -0.0004954942 0.0103449160
    1.3999999762 -1.8849667311 -0.0087902900 0.0168526787
    1.5000000000 -1.5707595348 -0.0123559423 0.0243778955
    1.6000000238 -1.2565057278 -0.0162975565 0.0280301422
    1.7000000477 -0.9422783256 -0.0196871981 0.0209990721
    1.7999999523 -0.6281118989 -0.0153648509 0.0126685668
    1.8999999762 -0.3140430152 -0.0084559266 0.0035494221
    2.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.2000000030 -0.0000008345 -0.0000008345 0.0000000000
    0.3000000119 -0.0000002384 -0.0000004768 0.0000000000
    0.5000000000 0.0000000000 -0.0000004768 0.0000000000
    0.6000000238 0.0000005960 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.6999999881 -0.0000003576 -0.0000014305 -0.0000009537
    0.8000000119 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 -0.0000016689
    0.8999999762 0.0000009537 -0.0000009537 -0.0000019073
    1.0000000000 0.0000010729 0.0000017881 0.0000021458
    1.1000000238 0.0000000000 0.0000011921 0.0000023842
    1.2000000477 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    1.2999999523 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    1.3999999762 0.0000015497 0.0000015497 0.0000000000
    1.5000000000 -0.0000016689 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    1.6000000238 0.0000013113 0.0000017881 0.0000000000
    1.7000000477 -0.0000016689 -0.0000010729 -0.0000038147
    1.7999999523 0.0000020266 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    1.8999999762 -0.0000017881 0.0000007153 0.0000000000
    2.0000000000 -0.0000045300 -0.0000011921 0.0000000000

And my crappy animation
    24 bone_Rwheel bone_chariot
    -0.9423611760 -1.0251947641 -2.5951049328
    13 13
    0.0500000007 0.6283184290 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.1000000015 1.2566368580 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.1500000060 1.8849556446 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.2000000030 2.5132737160 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.2500000000 3.1415920258 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.3000000119 -2.5132746696 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.3499999940 -1.8849563599 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.4000000060 -1.2566380501 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.4499999881 -0.6283196211 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.5000000000 -0.0000012047 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.5500000119 0.6283172965 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.6000000238 1.2566355467 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.6499999762 1.8849539757 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    24 bone_Lwheel bone_chariot
    1.0016310215 -1.0213677883 -2.5936999321
    13 13
    0.0500000007 0.6283184290 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.1000000015 1.2566368580 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.1500000060 1.8849556446 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.2000000030 2.5132737160 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.2500000000 3.1415920258 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.3000000119 -2.5132746696 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.3499999940 -1.8849563599 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.4000000060 -1.2566380501 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.4499999881 -0.6283196211 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.5000000000 -0.0000012047 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.5500000119 0.6283172965 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.6000000238 1.2566355467 0.0000000000 0.0000000000
    0.6499999762 1.8849539757 0.0000000000 0.0000000000

I am also concern about the bone limit which i think is 23 but mine has 26 or 24.
    Very confuse at the moment:hmmm:.
    Last edited by Icedie El Guaraní; October 09, 2008 at 05:50 PM.

@Icedie
    I'll show you a text method for fixing the front leg fingerbase animations.
    First though, that error about 00.0 when using the converttxttocas button
    is a bug in GOAT. I'll fix it but here's the work-around for it.

Extract your animation from the .ms3d model using the animextract button.
    Then convert it to a .txt file with the convertcastotxt button. Open it
    in Notepad and go to the bottom line. My fs_horse_walk.txt file's bottom
    line looks like:

Code:
    170 1 2 CaozSceneCustomAttribNode 1 0 1 0 00.00000 0.00000 0.00000 1.00000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000 0 0 -1 0 Plane 1 0 1 0 0 -0.70711 0.00000 0.00000 0.70711 2.43048 -4.76820 -7.87057 0 0 0 0 2 16 2 0 0 16 3 0 0 16 8 0 0 16 10 0 0 73 5 1 0 0.83813 0.61202 0.61202 1.00000 0.20000 0.20000 0.20000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 12 12 0
    That entry in red is the problem, it's supposed to be 0 0.00000, two
    numbers and not one. So just put in a space so the line looks like

Code:
    170 1 2 CaozSceneCustomAttribNode 1 0 1 0 0 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000 1.00000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000 0 0 -1 0 Plane 1 0 1 0 0 -0.70711 0.00000 0.00000 0.70711 2.43048 -4.76820 -7.87057 0 0 0 0 2 16 2 0 0 16 3 0 0 16 8 0 0 16 10 0 0 73 5 1 0 0.83813 0.61202 0.61202 1.00000 0.20000 0.20000 0.20000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 12 12 0
    Now the converttxttocas button should work.

Now go towards the top of the file and find the rotation entries for
    bone_RightFingerBase. They should look like:

Code:
    8 bone_RightFingerBase  quaternion data and Milkshape euler angles
    -0.0779887289 -0.1073885784 -0.0089800796 +0.9911128879      -8.9917647499 +12.3726503324  +0.0616114479
    -0.1303138584 -0.1061544269 -0.0108413538 +0.9857139587     -15.1015328870 +12.2455259978  -0.3690086806
    -0.1829765886 -0.1076700017 -0.0122274384 +0.9771270156     -21.3116228426 +12.4090270662  -0.9097567582
    -0.2359533161 -0.1057780981 -0.0129864430 +0.9659028649     -27.6099451820 +12.1499631136  -1.4554141677
    -0.2890415192 -0.0952186882 -0.0120221730 +0.9524934888     -33.9398793443 +10.8559342564  -1.8755071937
    -0.2587591410 +0.0429353416 +0.0138335815 +0.9648880363     -30.0125615527  -5.1644541612  -0.2574958105
    -0.1024309471 +0.3177327216 +0.0515341386 +0.9412215948     -11.6392587703 -37.4934833355  -2.3055858496
    +0.0586307459 +0.5197373629 +0.0761086121 +0.8489069343     +21.5291746130 -60.8670873546 -22.9924521426
    +0.1693638861 +0.5997048020 +0.1321451068 +0.7708486915     +61.9752377361 -61.6185037859 -58.8641548711
    +0.2640884221 +0.6532451510 +0.2382633239 +0.6684000492     +89.3914531400 -48.3667790791 -87.1526059225
    +0.3193170130 +0.6120377183 +0.3588389754 +0.6282364726     +86.8065270675 -32.6728860835 -90.4568055562
    +0.3707062900 +0.5287030935 +0.4013664424 +0.6495805383     +79.6113189278 -22.9104745047 -82.5924369534
    +0.4278456569 +0.4554167092 +0.3857889175 +0.6787567139     +76.7742017806 -16.7453220711 -72.5269306075
    +0.4465982914 +0.3973028064 +0.3353077769 +0.7281957865     +72.7096313376 -16.2084487118 -61.4154081110
    +0.4254452288 +0.3505138457 +0.2590471804 +0.7931147218     +65.3912612268 -19.6074838145 -48.8343669994
    +0.3305005431 +0.2934674919 +0.1529608369 +0.8838829994     +47.8876720446 -24.6878604814 -30.7369475104
    +0.1914506853 +0.2179985493 +0.0388306379 +0.9561984539     +24.7309880034 -23.7052353165  -9.9196160665
    +0.0118316673 +0.1142500341 -0.0464362763 +0.9922956228      +0.7573564014 -13.1698461067  +5.2711822703
    -0.1296854466 +0.0035731215 -0.0947213545 +0.9870140553     -14.8754672858  +1.0035593746 +10.8324845095
    -0.1261472106 -0.0616303608 -0.0685013607 +0.9877226949     -14.0704330157  +7.9917157723  +6.9467198812
    -0.0779965445 -0.1073842421 -0.0089881262 +0.9911127090      -8.9925698584 +12.3722260069  +0.0624879800

The last column are the z-rotations in degrees and the next to the last
    column are the y-rotations. These are what is causing the bad
    animation effects because they are so large. Here's a cartoon of the
    problem:

So now just with Notepad, simply change them all down to numbers smaller
    than 7 or 8 degrees. Here's the ones I did:

Code:
    8 bone_RightFingerBase  quaternion data and Milkshape euler angles
    -0.0779887140 -0.1073885784 -0.0089800768 +0.9911128879      -8.9917630423  +5.3726503324  +0.0616113145
    -0.1303138584 -0.1061544418 -0.0108413566 +0.9857139587     -15.1015328870  +5.2455277053  -0.3690085738
    -0.1829766035 -0.1076699868 -0.0122274403 +0.9771270156     -21.3116245502  +4.4090253586  -0.9097564380
    -0.2359533161 -0.1057780907 -0.0129864458 +0.9659028649     -27.6099451820  +4.1499622598  -1.4554136341
    -0.2890415192 -0.0952186882 -0.0120221674 +0.9524934888     -33.9398793443  +2.8559342564  -1.8755078341
    -0.2587591410 +0.0429353490 +0.0138335843 +0.9648880363     -30.0125615527  -1.1644550149  -0.2574958906
    -0.1024309769 +0.3177327812 +0.0515341610 +0.9412215352     -11.6392621854  -2.4934867506  -2.3055864900
    +0.0586307421 +0.5197373629 +0.0761086047 +0.8489069343     +21.5291729054  -3.8670873546  -3.9924504351
    +0.1693638414 +0.5997048020 +0.1321450919 +0.7708486915     +61.9752309059  -4.6185037859  -4.8641480409
    +0.2640884817 +0.6532450914 +0.2382633090 +0.6684001088     +89.3914394796  -5.3667756640  -5.1525922621
    +0.3193170428 +0.6120377183 +0.3588389754 +0.6282364726     +86.8065270675  -5.6728860835  -6.4568055562
    +0.3707062900 +0.5287030935 +0.4013664424 +0.6495805383     +79.6113189278  -4.9104745047  -5.5924369534
    +0.4278456271 +0.4554167688 +0.3857889175 +0.6787566543     +76.7742017806  -4.7453237787  -4.5269374377
    +0.4465983212 +0.3973028064 +0.3353077769 +0.7281957865     +72.7096313376  -4.2084470042  -3.4154081110
    +0.4254451692 +0.3505138457 +0.2590471506 +0.7931147814     +65.3912543967  -3.6074889372  -2.8343635844
    +0.3305005431 +0.2934674621 +0.1529608220 +0.8838830590     +47.8876720446  -2.6878604814  -2.7369440953
    +0.1914506704 +0.2179985046 +0.0388306305 +0.9561984539     +24.7309845883  -1.7052301939  -1.9196135052
    +0.0118316663 +0.1142500490 -0.0464362763 +0.9922956228      +0.7573561880  -0.1698478142  +2.2711822703
    -0.1296854466 +0.0035731185 -0.0947213322 +0.9870140553     -14.8754672858  +1.0035593746  +2.8324819482
    -0.1261472404 -0.0616303608 -0.0685013756 +0.9877226949     -14.0704364308  +3.9917166261  +1.9467215888
    -0.0779965743 -0.1073842868 -0.0089881327 +0.9911127090      -8.9925741273  +5.3722311295  +0.0624879600

Don't change the fifth column, those are the x-rotations and they are just
    fine.

Now find the section for bone_LeftFingerBase like this:

Code:
    12 bone_LeftFingerBase  quaternion data and Milkshape euler angles
    +0.2791219354 -0.5516199470 -0.3478319347 +0.7048541307     +73.1354731418 +35.6934347911 +79.3956488746
    +0.3020104468 -0.4877605438 -0.3425080180 +0.7440212369     +66.4341696414 +31.2602629442 +70.2002676479
    +0.3441262245 -0.4243847132 -0.3319616616 +0.7689448595     +63.5789183419 +25.0989900581 +62.4108330504
    +0.3789862692 -0.3699323535 -0.3019785285 +0.7926716805     +61.9577866028 +20.9515489300 +54.3786262091
    +0.3767482936 -0.3250544369 -0.2406673729 +0.8333544135     +57.2363466220 +21.1265486218 +43.8364307158
    +0.2822917402 -0.2959881723 -0.1269130856 +0.9036567211     +41.3362741211 +27.5996333039 +26.5764829190
    +0.1473697126 -0.2720256150 +0.0000681584 +0.9509385824     +19.1158211848 +31.1566284840  +5.3672680908
    -0.0268405452 -0.2108599097 +0.0852945149 +0.9734179378      -5.5397269523 +23.9494777586 -11.1911872617
    -0.1618822664 -0.0574169867 +0.0826872140 +0.9816619754     -19.1800983876  +4.9310559251 -10.4631736197
    -0.1739860028 -0.0330636874 +0.0616591386 +0.9822595716     -20.2553016441  +2.4930724079  -7.6291957982
    -0.1630186290 -0.0534575842 +0.0368328951 +0.9844849110     -19.0466945478  +5.3504598491  -5.1834933135
    -0.1458995789 -0.0952253491 +0.0179769844 +0.9845416546     -17.1973866791 +10.5014832970  -3.6844354110
    -0.1227545217 -0.1518784314 +0.0043208357 +0.9807372689     -14.6858800175 +17.2681969577  -2.7468275960
    -0.1571276188 -0.1518213451 +0.0002056235 +0.9758386612     -18.7318723459 +17.2320072004  -2.8873856320
    -0.2029475570 -0.1306011528 -0.0058808010 +0.9704231024     -23.9452788998 +14.8247719143  -2.4661386241
    -0.1947324127 -0.1565718800 -0.0183768086 +0.9681047797     -22.9898993594 +18.0781002990  -1.5309406920
    -0.0110646589 -0.3294922411 -0.0522234999 +0.9426479340      +0.9922093077 +38.4876583503  +6.6883696834
    +0.0980595797 -0.4057742655 -0.1019175276 +0.9029642344     +21.7418188924 +45.4641160214 +22.0796144355
    +0.1384247839 -0.4392346740 -0.1649249047 +0.8721876144     +33.8594880178 +46.0983127463 +36.1747411464
    +0.1985810101 -0.5022994876 -0.2541397214 +0.8022928238     +54.0311505804 +44.8334129384 +58.9083188742
    +0.2791212201 -0.5516203046 -0.3478331566 +0.7048535347     +73.1354799720 +35.6934108854 +79.3958332897

Here you can see the same problem with really large y and z-rotations.
    So do the same thing on these two columns. Here's what I changed
    them to:

Code:
    12 bone_LeftFingerBase  quaternion data and Milkshape euler angles
    +0.2791219652 -0.5516199470 -0.3478318751 +0.7048541307     +73.1354731418  +5.6934347911  +9.3956420444
    +0.3020104468 -0.4877605140 -0.3425080180 +0.7440212369     +66.4341696414  +4.2602629442  +7.2002608177
    +0.3441262245 -0.4243847430 -0.3319616318 +0.7689448595     +63.5789183419  +3.0989934732  +6.4108330504
    +0.3789861798 -0.3699322939 -0.3019785583 +0.7926717401     +61.9577729424  +4.9515489300  +4.3786227940
    +0.3767482638 -0.3250544965 -0.2406673729 +0.8333544135     +57.2363500371  +5.1265554520  +3.8364341309
    +0.2822917700 -0.2959882319 -0.1269131005 +0.9036566615     +41.3362809513  +7.5996367190  +2.5764880417
    +0.1473697573 -0.2720255554 +0.0000681524 +0.9509385824     +19.1158263075  +6.1566216538  +1.3672689446
    -0.0268405527 -0.2108599097 +0.0852944925 +0.9734179378      -5.5397273792  +5.9494777586  -1.1911847003
    -0.1618822664 -0.0574169867 +0.0826872140 +0.9816619754     -19.1800983876  +4.9310559251  -4.4631736197
    -0.1739860177 -0.0330636948 +0.0616591424 +0.9822595716     -20.2553033516  +2.4930730482  -6.6291957982
    -0.1630186290 -0.0534575842 +0.0368328951 +0.9844849110     -19.0466945478  +5.3504598491  -5.1834933135
    -0.1458996087 -0.0952253342 +0.0179769825 +0.9845416546     -17.1973900942  +6.5014815895  -3.6844354110
    -0.1227545217 -0.1518784165 +0.0043208357 +0.9807372689     -14.6858800175  +7.2681952502  -2.7468273825
    -0.1571276486 -0.1518213600 +0.0002056193 +0.9758386612     -18.7318757610  +8.2320089080  -2.8873860589
    -0.2029475719 -0.1306011528 -0.0058807996 +0.9704231024     -23.9452806073  +7.8247719143  -2.4661390510
    -0.1947324127 -0.1565718502 -0.0183768105 +0.9681047797     -22.9898976519  +7.0780968839  -1.5309397315
    -0.0110646589 -0.3294922411 -0.0522234999 +0.9426479340      +0.9922093077  +6.4876583503  +2.6883696834
    +0.0980596095 -0.4057743847 -0.1019175053 +0.9029641747     +21.7418274301  +6.4641296818  +4.0796195582
    +0.1384248435 -0.4392346144 -0.1649248600 +0.8721876740     +33.8594880178  +6.0983093312  +6.1747343162
    +0.1985809952 -0.5022994876 -0.2541397512 +0.8022928238     +54.0311505804  +6.8334129384  +8.9083188742
    +0.2791212201 -0.5516203046 -0.3478331268 +0.7048535347     +73.1354799720  +5.6934108854  +9.3958264595

Save the file and back convert it to .cas with the converttxttocas
    button. Then do an animmerge with your model. The leg animations
    should now look a lot better in Milkshape.