Thread: Cultures for added factions

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Cultures for added factions

I need some input from the group. The factions that have been added need to be culture specific.
    Ireland and Sweden as Northern European and Mali and Hedjaz as Middle Eastern are easy ones.
    Armenia and Georgia are in Turkey and could be Greek (Byzantine) easy enough because of all the European settling ove the years. Could be Eastern European for the same logic. Could be Middle Eastern because of their close proximity to the Turks and Egypt.
    The Cumans are a different problem as there is no true Eurasian culture. My reaction because of Russia to the north and west to make it Eastern European.

Any and all comments and suggestions are welcome.

master88's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Cultures for added factions

You have a point there. On the campgin map how do you make like a different looking city and castle? Im no modder or anything (cause i dont have anyone to help me) so how will you or anyone else do that?
    Roman Gunner

I have read a couple of posts where a modder has cracked the world files with a hex editor but that's beyond my understanding and my present capbilities. Is there a hardcoded maximum? I think Empire will be released before anyone finds out. I know you can change numbers of walls, towers and gates in the EDB but it's culture specific and settlement size specific.

where do you get the following factions:
    cuman
    armenia
    georgia
    and hedjaz

this is because i downloaded v2.4 and i only have sweden mali and ireland; i would have thought that i would have recieved all facttions or do they come with the 2.41 update?

Did you install 2.4 over 2.3? If so, delete the map.rwm and start a new campaign. This should solve the problem. If not, let me know.

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Armenia & Georgia should both be Greek (influence of Byzantium + Orthodox religion).
    Cumans should be pagan because they were, I think
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Thank you for the feedback, Harry.
    In the next release, Armenia and Georgia(Saxons) will be Greek and Orthodox. The Cumans will be Shaman with help from ceastionand. Now if I could add a new culture for it. Middle Eastern and Eastern European just don't fit.

what need to be doen fore it again?

Quote Originally Posted by cwastoinand View Post
    what need to be doen fore it again?
    I have included your Shaman temples for the Cumans in the next update. I am adding another culture for it and that is taking time. I thank you for your work on the temples even if it is almost a year later before I get them included.