Thread: What version does this run with

Default What version does this run with

Hello. This mod looks very interesting. Can you please tell me if it will run with Medieval 2 total war Kingdoms?

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Default Re: What version does this run with

Hi,
    The version 2.0 of our mod is made for M2TW(1.2), but I'm playing it with Kingdoms(fist version, 1.4 as far as I know) installed, without problems.
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

I was wondering the same thing. I play with Kingdoms, version 1.5 and was wondering if Bulgaria 2.0 was compatible with Kingdoms 1.5. Also, does Bulgaria 2.0 interfere with other mods?

Thanks.

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

We havent tested but I think it will \it works with Kingdoms so there should be no problems\
    MORAL

What about it's compatibility with other mods? Does the Bulgaria mod change the basic Medieval II Total War files? Hopefully, it all goes into its own folder like other mods.

Thanks for answering.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

"Modfoldered:
    Partially.
    The modified folders are as follows:
    banners(.....Medieval\data\banners)
    models_strat(......Medieval\data\models_strat)
    ui(......Medieval\data\ui)
    unit_models(......Medieval\data\unit_models)
    As well as descr_banners_new and descr_pathfinding files(.....Medieval\data).
    The mod's folder is Bulgaria (...Medieval II Total War\Bulgaria)"

I don't really understand all these files editing stuff, but I guess some files do spill out (therefore - modfoldered: partially).

I will probably not install this mod, then. I have both DLV and Sicilian Vespers--both very good mods--installed and I do not want to ruin or otherwise negatively impact these mods.

By now, all mods should probably move toward Kingdoms compatibility anyway, since Kingdoms sets up a file infrastructure to add mods (i.e., all the Kingdoms scenarios essentially ARE mods).

Too bad, because this mod looks interesting.

I think someone needs to look at the compatibility of this mod with Kingdoms and whether it impacts other mods. Otherwise, usage of this mod will be limited.

I like to try out a variety of mods, but I won't risk having to re-install the original game, plus kingdoms, plus DLV, plus Sicilian Vespers, plus Kingdoms Grand Campaign, plus, plus, plus on the chance that a mod changes core files that would render the base game and these other mods useless.

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Quote Originally Posted by alien_t View Post
    Hi,
    The version 2.0 of our mod is made for M2TW(1.2), but I'm playing it with Kingdoms(fist version, 1.4 as far as I know) installed, without problems.
    I'll quote myself.
    Also I have instaled SV, BC todether with BGTW. They are woriking fine.
    But I have to say that first instalation was BGTW, then BC and after that SV(3.0). So the choice is yours...
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

And, as I said in another place too, I had BC installed first and after that BGTW and it worked fine as well. Though I'm not really planning to install all the possible released mods only to see if they work well - I've got other things to do...

If the Bulgaria mod installs into its own mod folder, and does not change any core M2TW files, it should be fine. Question is, does it do any of these things?

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

I repeat:
    "Modfoldered:
    Partially.
    The modified folders are as follows:
    banners(.....Medieval\data\banners)
    models_strat(......Medieval\data\models_strat)
    ui(......Medieval\data\ui)
    unit_models(......Medieval\data\unit_models)
    As well as descr_banners_new and descr_pathfinding files(.....Medieval\data).
    The mod's folder is Bulgaria (...Medieval II Total War\Bulgaria)"

Since it partially mods original M2TW folders and files, I think this would impact other mods.