Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Preview] new Parthians

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: [Preview] new Parthians

They both belong to the Iranian group, which include Scythians, Sarmatians, Persians, and Parthians. The Huns who invaded Roman empire are the Turkic people; so are the Mongolians.

I knew that, but I thought all Iranian people were just as dark as the Turkic people. They all are now, anyway...
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C.U. View Post
    I knew that, but I thought all Iranian people were just as dark as the Turkic people. They all are now, anyway...
    Not all, no. There was an article on the Osprey site iirc written by some iranian(iirc) criticizing the 300. And he was also touching on this. The westerners belief that all iranians need to be dark haired people, when in fact certain groups have fair hair apparently.

300 wasn't meant to be historically accurate, was it? An army who fight in leather pants and a king who has no body hair?

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C.U. View Post
    300 wasn't meant to be historically accurate, was it? An army who fight in leather pants and a king who has no body hair?
    No, but these movies do shape the general public` perception. Up to the point where they want to know why the republican romans are not all dressed in read, why the spartans in RTR sometimes flee from a fight or why the parthians aren`t all dark haired. The most frequent reason given for their questions(sometimes criticism) is "it just doesn`t feel right". That "feel" doesn`t come from a man`s stomach or natural instinct(which tells him roman shields should be rectangular). It comes from a lack of proper education, a void filled by the commercially orientated Hollywood movies. And that was one of the points that guy made. He gave an example of a movie who advertised for some iranian extras only for the director(iirc) to make a big fuss of the fact that some of those who came were not dark haired. Being told that they are indeed iranians of this or that ethnic background he said something along the lines: they don`t look like proper iranians and the public knows how proper iranians look like. Looks remarkably similar to the issue you`ve raised, doesn`t it?

Good point. But the Spartans shouldn't flee often (if at all). 300 got the spirit of Sparta just right, though the ephors were normal people...

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

BTW, shouldn't the roman legionaries have rectangular shields? I always thought they did, but they don't in RTR

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

The rectangular shields only came into existence in imperial Rome, not republic.

There is of course the possibility that he was actually joking along the lines of my previous post.

damn son these are some awesome skin!!

Although i do think the cats look better with standard iron horse armor, they look bad ass nevertheless.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by frontier-auxilia View Post
    damn son these are some awesome skin!!

Although i do think the cats look better with standard iron horse armor, they look bad ass nevertheless.
    yeah but standard horse armour as you can see in RTW is in fact the most expensive and heaviest one, used only by the cataphracts of highest ranks in later period. The one in EB looks much better though... but I wasn't capable to making it and now I don't have plan to re-make yet

Import it? Or use Mamluk armour from Medieval II?

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    No, but these movies do shape the general public` perception. Up to the point where they want to know why the republican romans are not all dressed in read, why the spartans in RTR sometimes flee from a fight or why the parthians aren`t all dark haired. The most frequent reason given for their questions(sometimes criticism) is "it just doesn`t feel right". That "feel" doesn`t come from a man`s stomach or natural instinct(which tells him roman shields should be rectangular). It comes from a lack of proper education, a void filled by the commercially orientated Hollywood movies. And that was one of the points that guy made. He gave an example of a movie who advertised for some iranian extras only for the director(iirc) to make a big fuss of the fact that some of those who came were not dark haired. Being told that they are indeed iranians of this or that ethnic background he said something along the lines: they don`t look like proper iranians and the public knows how proper iranians look like. Looks remarkably similar to the issue you`ve raised, doesn`t it?

So true...

And now they gonna fukk up the story of Spartacus,they same images as 300....really original.
    Tell me...why are these old movies like spartacus or that old thrace movie(cant recall the name)so much better then the roman timeframe movies nowadays?
    Kirk douglas isnīt the believable gladiator ever,but he was a good actor......that remake they made is soooo bad,then you have the last legion....the first time i saw that movie i was like.Kingdom of crap....still have to see the directors cut...i heard it is good,but the normal version sucks so badly that my gf got jealous.
    Gladiator.....hm its ok i guess,but to much hollywood morale in that flick.
    And Vin dieselīs Hannibal movie in 2010 is gonna be the same crap we saw over the last 10 years.
    Even if they speak the old language for the realism,that movie will stink,iīm sure of it.
    The only hope i have is,that diesel is going to use his riddick glasses and onliners when heīs beating up some romans.

These old movies from the 60-70īs doesnīt have the timeframe accuracy,but there storylines are so much better.

I think i going to watch the last legion again,when i start to beat my head against a wall....i gonna ask myself....what in gods name and all the other holy dudes... WAS THE DIRECTOR THINKING...when he made that ...ehm...

Now you gonna laugh.....the best ancient timeframe movie they made is that freaking King arthur flick,directors cut of course.
    The saxons looked like real badass germans,and the celts looked like celts.Only arthur and his knights where a little jaja....we all know what they are hahahaha
    But that movie rocked somehow.
    Lol iīm going to make a poll...who thinks that the last legion director must be stoned to death.Anybody who liked that flick,should get a head examine....yesterday.

The only good piece is HBO Rome,and even that is turning in a soap after a few episodes.
    And now we get a naked lucy lawless in a Spartacus show .....300 style....
    I dont know what is worse 300 camera style of lucy naked,man xena is about 45 now lol...pls dont show here naked.

I will end this post now....i cant stop trashing these movies srry

Edit...BTW try the Spartacus minimod salvor made for 77bc.Its a really fun and hard campaign
    Edit...again...srry for being off topic
    Last edited by inquisitor; August 25, 2009 at 07:20 AM.
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

hmm I think kingdom direct cut is fine. But there is no other movie about classical period, except those for 300, alexander and romans which people have read and watched again and again and again.....

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

What is different in the director's cut?
    Its longer...i know,but the rest.I can't inmagine that this time the storytelling make any sense
    But i will check it out.I know,its gonna be better better then The Last Legion....
    I cannot get that crap out of my head....did you see it? I hope you where preserved for that
    Even Bruce Cambell movies have more depth and story.(he rocks btw)
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

very nice units here!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234