Thread: Napoleonic Campaign

Icon4 Napoleonic Campaign

Does Napoleonic 2 have a campaign?

Icon3 Re: Napoleonic Campaign

Unfortunately, R:TW's A.I. is unsuited to gunpowder warfare (unless heavily scripted, which can't be done in a campaign), so the campaign game would be unchallenging and unrealistic. Therefore the Lordz decided not to include a single-player campaign.

Default Re: Napoleonic Campaign

Sorry NTW2 does not have a campaign. The RTW engine does not allow us to recreate the proper Napoleonic experience.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

madrush's Avatar Senator

wish it did it would have been the BEST total war game in the set

Quote Originally Posted by Empress Meg View Post
    Sorry NTW2 does not have a campaign. The RTW engine does not allow us to recreate the proper Napoleonic experience.

Devoirs The Empress

its a shame that NTW2 doesn't have its own campaign. i hope they will bring it out after empire total war.
    **ROMA SURRECTUM 2.0 RULES**

if you really want to play a rts like NTW2 but with a campaign and naval battles i would say play Imperial Glory its a ton of fun.

Shingen's Avatar Civis

Imperial Glory,
    you shouldnt mentioned bad games like that in context with highlights like TotalWar.

33orion77's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Imperial Glory,
    you shouldnt mentioned bad games like that in context with highlights like TotalWar.
    I agree. Imperial Glory is a half-finished game. You can have some fun with it but the total absence of moral in the game turn me off.

The best replacement game , In my opinion so far is NTW 1. Europa Universalis 3 is fine but i get frustrated when i loose battle I would win in Total war games. Cossack II is also fine not as TW series. NTW 2 is nice but the AI In Rome Total war is horrible. I just realize how bad it is when I started , few weeks ago, to play NTW 1.

For NTW 1 yes the graphics are bad but is still fun to play

Quote Originally Posted by sushi347 View Post
    if you really want to play a rts like NTW2 but with a campaign and naval battles i would say play Imperial Glory its a ton of fun.
    Tried that so-called game and its nowhere near the TW games. Imperial Glory is good idea but it was implemented so badly that it ruins the whole concept of RTS. Just awful game, no other word of describing it.
    Cossacks II is however another story. I played that game for many happy hours and loved it. But nothing beats the TW touch, that's why I am waiting for the CA to release Napoleonic version, if they will do it at all

madrush's Avatar Senator

I have always wanted to try the cossack series and american conquest but I do love the Tw touch as well.(Most the graphics and game-play)

JohanRegus's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Legless Lannes View Post
    Would have been a great campaign if realized

Doubt is the adversary of great enterprises - Napoléon

http://www.youtube.com/user/JohanRegus12

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

despite what one might feel about Imperial Glory,it is really the only alternative we had and currently have for the time being,and for its time it was rather well executed,technologically anyway,having come out before or right around the time of Rome.And Hell,just like M2TW,apply enough mods and the experience is a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by madrush View Post
    I have always wanted to try the cossack series and american conquest but I do love the Tw touch as well.(Most the graphics and game-play)

You should try Cossacks series, especially Cossacks:Back to War and CossacksII: Napoleonic Wars. They are the best in the Cossacks series. American Conquest however is little bit different, you will see. There is three or four installments of that that are available, there is even one which features the American Civil War in it. Its tons of fun to play it, but it does make you miss that Total War feel to it.

madrush's Avatar Senator

maybe but when i saw videos for cossacks it sorta reminded me of the age of empires

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Cossacks will feel like AoE on the surface,but it is on a much larger scale(by this I mean the unit count can exceed 60,000,and there is a much larger emphasis on military formation and Drill,actually giving you the ability to regiment your individual units with an officer and musicians,as well as cornets and standard bearers,each of which has an impact on unit cohesion as well as morale of the unit.you really should give it a go.

madrush's Avatar Senator

only the large scale of units perked my intrests as well as the time table

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Lannes too many battles, most of the time britain winning (me).....lol

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

madrush's Avatar Senator

haha no doubt (.....using cheats & hacks methinks)

Quote Originally Posted by JohanRegus View Post
    Would have been a great campaign if realized
    Ah it has been but not in the sense that most people want ie a Single Player campaign using the RTW campaign setup.

Were playing a Multi-player campaign using NTW for the battles while everything else is done on the campaign site.

So far the Brits have been pushed back deep into Portugal and have been badly mauled. Craufurds division has been destroyed but the Portuguese have entered the fray and in the last battle the French were forced to withdraw suffering casualties. Odds are still with the French though.

http://www.badger1815.be/login.html is the campaign site while you can follow the campaign on our clan site if you wish. http://z6.invisionfree.com/Napoleoni...p?showforum=17