Thread: Video preview of bulgarian elite units

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Default Video preview of bulgarian elite units

330 Bulgars vs 1200 Byzantines \vanilia, cuse I still haven't finished the byzantines for the mod\
    MORAL

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Default Re: Video preview of bulgarian elite units

They look very cool in real battle.
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

That was a great video and the units look great, superbly done.

Just a few concerns:
    - Some of the spears look really large and heavy, almost like clubs.
    - Some of the sabres are a too wide, the Bulgarian sabre was actually quite a graceful weapon with only a slight curve.
    - This cavalry is really powerful, and I am concerned a little about balance, as it performed great not only during the charge, but also in melee. I hope cavalry in the mod will not be invincible and infantry will have an important role as well.

The progress you have made so far is really impressive.

- Some of the spears look really large and heavy, almost like clubs.
    - Some of the sabres are a too wide, the Bulgarian sabre was actually quite a graceful weapon with only a slight curve.
    its the 3d model that the game can give us, nothink cand be done...

- This cavalry is really powerful, and I am concerned a little about balance, as it performed great not only during the charge, but also in melee. I hope cavalry in the mod will not be invincible and infantry will have an important role as well.
    The balance is good
    We decided-
    Byzantine- best ships, best infantry, good heavy cavalry \but not as good as the cavalry of the "horse-nations"\ and the weakest bowmen \couse bulgarian, khazar and avar's bows are/were more - complex\
    Bulgars- best heavy calvary, but not verry good infantry
    Khazars- best light cavalry, good infantry
    Avars- best medium cavalry, but not verry good infantry
    etc...

the byzantines in the video are vanila, i'm showing bulgarians, not byzantines...
    MORAL

wow theese units looks amazing on the battlefield

Historically, the Khazars were famous for their heavy cavalry. According to Arab sources a few thousand takhans (heavy Khazar cavalrymen) managed to defeat an Arab army of 50,000. This may be an exaggeration, but it shows how afraid of the Khazar heavy cavalry the Arabs were.

I know it is way too early for any general conclusions as to balance, but you might consider giving the Khazar heavies a little boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul View Post
    Historically, the Khazars were famous for their heavy cavalry. According to Arab sources a few thousand takhans (heavy Khazar cavalrymen) managed to defeat an Arab army of 50,000. This may be an exaggeration, but it shows how afraid of the Khazar heavy cavalry the Arabs were.

I know it is way too early for any general conclusions as to balance, but you might consider giving the Khazar heavies a little boost.
    You can't understand me- they will have heavy cavalry, but Avars, Bulgars, and ERE's heavy cavalry will be better. But the light cavalry of the Hazars will be better tneh the light cavalry of the other nations
    MORAL

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Or we could make one change which was already proposed in our forums, I think - the Khazars would have the best medium cavalry, while the Avars have the best light cavalry. Otherwise, it's clear that we can't make a fully realistic mod, with all the details I'd like, due to gameplay and work-related limitations. Quite unfortunately, of course...
    Last edited by NikeBG; September 07, 2008 at 03:23 AM.