Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Shogun II: TW

Default Shogun II: TW

Why not to remake Shogun?

Just an idea.

JoelPalsson's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Shogun II: TW

I think it's a lovely idea. Allthough I hope CA will get their act together and make a new version of Shogun themselves.
    ”You are an imperfect being,
    created by an imperfect being.
    Watch your future’s end!”

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yes, it would.

D1SC0 N1NJ4's Avatar Libertus

well i just downloaded shogun amd i was disapointed. mainly graphics wise and i could remember all the formations... to much M2:TW. so i would <3 a ne shogun

Oh yes. Although Ran No Jidai for RTW is a great project, the fact is that RTW is unfortunately an obsolete game both graphically and (most importantly) technically (RTW has a terrible AI, at least there's XAI for M2TW Kingdoms).

Shogun with naval combat (where cannons wouldn't play the main part), new graphics and AI would be superb.

Civis

that could be great with a Shogun II : TW mod / or renew game.

Account is very inactive since real life work has taken over.

I think that's a great idea. Though to add to the new scale, maybe more of the far East such as China, Korea and a few other regions.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

We/I might try and port All Under Heaven to E:TW or at least provide the information for such a port in the future, but that is a long ways off, E:TW is not even out yet, much less moddable properly.

samurais

Nice Samurai, whre does it come from?
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Maybe the CA will do it after the ETW gets released.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

I would love to see this mod. I always wanted them to remake shogun. Here are a few ideas though.

1.) Do you allow Europeans in the game or only mentioned as a tech upgrade. Personally I say tech upgrade.

2.) Do you include other religions? Christian for example.

Personally I say no as it would be a hassle, but maybe include a negative happiness or discontent to whatever you use to represent you acceptance of foreigners for their tech.

3.) Do you have only Japan or include Korean, Chinese, and maybe even some Mongols.

While I do want other nations to some degree I would say no since it would put to much importance on navies.

Other then these I think the only really important question is time period.
    Sorry, but I am not reading the bible again until they put a few more ninjas in it.

Quote Originally Posted by CivFan View Post
    I would love to see this mod. I always wanted them to remake shogun. Here are a few ideas though.

1.) Do you allow Europeans in the game or only mentioned as a tech upgrade. Personally I say tech upgrade.

2.) Do you include other religions? Christian for example.

Personally I say no as it would be a hassle, but maybe include a negative happiness or discontent to whatever you use to represent you acceptance of foreigners for their tech.

3.) Do you have only Japan or include Korean, Chinese, and maybe even some Mongols.

While I do want other nations to some degree I would say no since it would put to much importance on navies.

Other then these I think the only really important question is time period.
    That's way to restrictive. Think BIG!!! I say make it slightly later and include some Europeans. Don't limit it to Japan, that's way to small scale. Include most of the Far East, from Korea to Thailand. Religions, what eve religion appeared in that era, include them. Expand the horizons, don't stick to thinking from so many years ago. Imagine trying to get people to go from dominating half the world, to some tiny little island. They need to include more variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Glabro View Post
    Oh yes. Although Ran No Jidai for RTW is a great project, the fact is that RTW is unfortunately an obsolete game both graphically and (most importantly) technically (RTW has a terrible AI, at least there's XAI for M2TW Kingdoms).

Shogun with naval combat (where cannons wouldn't play the main part), new graphics and AI would be superb.
    I am going to have to disagree, id save vanilla RTW beats the pants off of med 2. There is only four factions in med 2 western, eastern, northern, middle east. while in rome id say that almost all the factions were very diverse and fun to play, id take roma surrectum 2 over stainless steel 7.0 any day

Remember Constantinople
    mr bush how can u put people in jail for smoking weed when you smoke weed. that makes you a hypocrite. bush says do you like hand jobs. the guy says hell yea. bush says do you like giving hand jobs. the guy says no. bush says well then your a fing hypocrite to!!!.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

I just slept with JackLusted last night (he is SO bad in bed) and he confirmed that Shogun II TW is the next in the series. So don't bother, you'd be wasting your time.

Best idea so far. Go for it dude.
    They close my modication thread DWWTW ='( please help evryone.

Not just Shogun II:TW, but Asia: TW

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Asia:TW is even better idea.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Yea!!! And universe total war would be even better than best because then we'd have 49 planets with 600 factions and 5 billion provinces!
    They close my modication thread DWWTW ='( please help evryone.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by nodey View Post
    Yea!!! And universe total war would be even better than best because then we'd have 49 planets with 600 factions and 5 billion provinces!
    wow that would requied alot of space for all files. and then also Graphic and Speed maybe?
    Account is very inactive since real life work has taken over.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast