Thread: Mods of a Modern Age

Icon4 Mods of a Modern Age

For a while i ve been looking for a good, solid modern age mod for rome TW. Yes, there are Napoleonic ones, but im looking for world war 1, 2, or even Korea or Nam! I think it would be great to have a total war scale battle with tanks and rifle men (excluding aircraft) and all sorts of modern weapons. doesnt have to have great grafics, just the feelings of a good game. can someone help me out? thanks.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Mods of a Modern Age

Sorry, there are no mods liek that for RTW. Empire will have a few gun mods though!

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Yeah a few mod teams have tried to create a modern mod (even Star Wars TW), but they all failed. There is a half-baked Star Wars mod out though, really poor quality IMO. The RTW engine just isn't built to handle a modern mod.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Quote Originally Posted by jacknasty View Post
    For a while i ve been looking for a good, solid modern age mod for rome TW. Yes, there are Napoleonic ones, but im looking for world war 1, 2, or even Korea or Nam! I think it would be great to have a total war scale battle with tanks and rifle men (excluding aircraft) and all sorts of modern weapons. doesnt have to have great grafics, just the feelings of a good game. can someone help me out? thanks.
    Moving to General modding discussion and resources.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

well...ill just have to wait for empire and perhaps there might be a mod in a year or so

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by jacknasty View Post
    well...ill just have to wait for empire and perhaps there might be a mod in a year or so
    More like two to three years. Modders are going to have to learn a new engine to mod E:TW, and there is a lot more files to edit undoubtedly, along with finding which files do what, and being able to edit all of the files and extract them, assuming CA doesn't, as usual, provide any useful converters. Add on to that all the work that just generally needs doing for a good mod, and you won't see a total conversion modern mod until Late 2010-Early 2011 at the soonest.

Cheers,
    Augustus

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

If only someone would make a game set in WW I or II, they'd make a fortune.

lets just hope. i dont think it would be really hard, like lucifer said, once modders now the engine. i think it would be really neat if it was done good.

(that was really bad grammar)
    Last edited by Aradan; September 19, 2008 at 12:16 AM.