Thread: CTD in Roman campaign at 66BC?

Laetus

Default CTD in Roman campaign at 66BC?

In threads, devoted to RTRPE one can find notification about bug, causing game to crash about 66BC in Roman campaign. ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120018 ). Here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...93&postcount=2 an elegant solution for this problem proposed.
    Is your mod free of this bug, or should I apply this cure to it also, if I'm going to play Roman campaign?
    Offence is the best defence.

Default Re: CTD in Roman campaign at 66BC?

66 bc? i didnt know anyone played that long... since this is a 4 turn-per-year mod, that's gonna take like 840 turns!

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

It's a good idea. I personally aim to play that long so that I can use the Augustan legions at their historical date.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

It is a good idea, but IIRC there's a bug involving AUC dates. Darn. I forget where I read that. Well, my recommendation is to back up the files, apply the fix, and then enjoy your campaign. The bug can't be substantial or Florin wouldn't have suggested that fix.

I am seriously considering AUC dates, but I wish I'd written down where that bug is. It made me rethink applying it to the main line of the mod.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    It is a good idea, but IIRC there's a bug involving AUC dates. Darn. I forget where I read that. Well, my recommendation is to back up the files, apply the fix, and then enjoy your campaign. The bug can't be substantial or Florin wouldn't have suggested that fix.

I am seriously considering AUC dates, but I wish I'd written down where that bug is. It made me rethink applying it to the main line of the mod.
    Here you are. It was in Ancient Empires Elysium, which used to be located in RTR, but now has a forum of its own.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Now that's interesting. Hmmm.

In that case, what if we went to a 3tpy system, in which there were spring, fall, and winter turns? That way, we could dodge the turn limit. It would also represent how little one could accomplish during the winter.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.