Thread: CTD when trying to open a saved game

Default CTD when trying to open a saved game

Hello, I recently got back into playing Rome again, and started looking for some fun mods to play BI with, then found yours . I got a few turns in earlier today (really fun from what I've played so far). But I saved it, and tried to enter it again and I keep getting a CTD. If it helps I am the Romans.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Default Re: CTD when trying to open a saved game

Have you tried disabling scripts (if you are running them)? These sometimes can cause a CTD. Also, are you able to load from an earlier point and play past the CTD?

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by BioHazard View Post
    Hello, I recently got back into playing Rome again, and started looking for some fun mods to play BI with, then found yours . I got a few turns in earlier today (really fun from what I've played so far). But I saved it, and tried to enter it again and I keep getting a CTD. If it helps I am the Romans.
    I assume that you are playing IJ. Can you tell me which version you are playing?

Thanks

Oh, I apologize for not clarifying. Uh actually I didn't even try to run them yet, usually just activated them in game. And nope, all my saves revoke the same response. I click the save, it starts loading, and right before you get to the game map, it CTD.

And yep, I'm playing IJ. I'm playing the 361 AD with the patch 2.01a patch.

TBH there were randomly a few CTDs, nothing of importance and not that often when I was playing the game. Like I would be selecting a city and it'd CTD, or gliding across the map and it would do it, so I just saved often, but even then the Saved games still worked. I'll probably have to restart a new one, but I would like to know anything of this problem incase it does happened again.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by BioHazard View Post
    And yep, I'm playing IJ. I'm playing the 361 AD with the patch 2.01a patch.
    OK, you need to delete the quotes files. There is one in the text folder and two in the IJ/data folder, these being:descr_quotes_lookup and descr_transition_screen files.

Please let me knpw how you go.

Cheers