Thread: Does PDeR have 4turns per year?

Default Does PDeR have 4turns per year?

That is the only question I have,I want to know because I like 4turns in a year and this mod seems to be similar to deus lo vult,wanna know before I download it.Also...the title add on helped in enticing me into interest for this mod.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Default Re: Does PDeR have 4turns per year?

no it's 2 turns per year

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Phan View Post
    no it's 2 turns per year
    Hmm pity,well,anyway,I will definitely check this mod out when 2.0 comes out.

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748

meh if 1000 turns is too little for ya, and you absolutely must have the extra 1000 just add

declare_counter season_counter

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
    inc_counter season_counter 1

; 0 equals winter
    if I_CompareCounter season_counter == 0
    console_command season winter
    end_if
    if I_CompareCounter season_counter > 0
    console_command season summer
    end_if
    ; Reset the counter on the autumn turn so that it'll be 0 next turn
    if I_CompareCounter season_counter == 3
    set_counter season_counter -1
    end_if
    end_monitor

this to the campaign script and change 0.5 in the desc_strat to 0.25

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

meh if 1000 turns is too little for ya, and you absolutely must have the extra 1000 just add

; 0 equals winter
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if
    end_monitor

Seriously! I doubt I've ever played passed 1200 or so. More power to him, if that dude wants to slog through 2000 turns.

The only way I'd consider 4-turns per year is if I stopped the mod at the end of the High Era. Which I've considered as I'm not really a fan of plate armour or gunpowder units. Would free up a considerable number of unit slots (which I'm not really in danger of hitting (yet) but still)!

Indefinitely Banned

Meh! I can live wiithout gunpowder. If I want muskets and cannon I'm happy to wait for Empire.

; 0 equals winter
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if
    end_monitor

1000 turns,damn??!!When does this mod start because I will definitely try it when 2.0 comes out.

1000 turns are a long time. Getting to 100 turns is a long campaign for me and I like the long campaigning. Past that it loses the challenge.
    "If you're boring, no amount of paintballing or high-speed white-water prostitution will change this."

I like 4 turns per year also.I don't care how long the game is.But you must have building and developement to go with 4 turns per year.There are a lot of buildings that developement takes to long.Besides movement is to short at 6 months per turn.If your england it takes 5 years to get to the Meditterean sea.Far to long.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; September 13, 2008 at 06:28 PM.

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

my favourite setting is 6 months/turn but i had lots of fun playing Invasio Barbarorum: Ruinae Roma that starts in 410 A.C. using 3months/turn, just getting to 420 A.C. took me huge amount of time due to the catastrophic scenario of the western roman empire which i played.
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.