Thread: Question on the multiple download parts

Default Question on the multiple download parts

Have parts 1-4 downloaded so far and in process of gettin part 5. Could somebody explain a bit about how i put all this together? I've extracted each part into its own folder and when i try to combine em it wants to overwrite everything, seems like parts 1-3 are the exact same file. Was under the impression i just combine the data, rmmod folders from each part to make 1 large one, then copy/paste those files over my rtw files.

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Default Re: Question on the multiple download parts

of course they are not the same,they are a series,part 2 needs part 1...,you need to download all the parts (four parts),and then extract part 1,and all the next parts will be extracted automatically.

then download the extra part,and copy the folders (Data,RomeMedievalMOD) from (RM2 Extra Part) folder and paste them in the game directory.
    Last edited by Lord Of The Knights; August 30, 2008 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks for the info, so its ok to overwrite part 1 with part 2 and overwrite part 2 with part 3 and so on?

It's not like that,you only have to press extract for the first part,and the other parts will be extracted automatically,and no need to press extract for each part.

Note: don't forget to install the latest HotFix.

Tks for the help got it workin, great lookin mod so far.

After a few hours of playin it seems to work fine, just have a question about the units. It seems like each faction is exactly the same except for color's. All the islamic factions seem to have the exact same unit roster and same with western factions, did i not extract something right maybe? or was it designed this way.

No,you didn't do something wrong in the installation,but they are not exactly the same,there are many special units,and differences,you will discover that while playing.

i hope you enjoy RM

Another quick question, I see the 2hand swordsman on the custom battle list and i also have recruited mercenary 2hand swordsman but am unable to recruit them regularly, should they be in my roster list?

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

You'll need to build a better barracks to get the two handed swordsmen. Same goes for Billmen and the like.

Did a test with the build code and there still not showin up. Had the highest lvl barracks you can build. Honestly think there's somethin screwy with the 5 part download, I just get a strange feeling that not everything is gettin extracted. Is there an installer that i can dl that isnt 400meg? Also i noticed the game wont run if you install the rm2 extra part with the first 4 parts. Crashes on the main loading screen, you have to install that seperately to get it to work, its like winrar dosent extract it with the first 4 parts.
    Last edited by stryker290; September 01, 2008 at 03:54 PM.

that's right,that's way i didn't name it part 5.

download the extra part,and copy the folders (Data,RomeMedievalMOD) from (RM2 Extra Part) folder and paste them in the game directory.

Any thoughts on why swordsman are not showin up? Kinda makes me wonder what else is missing. Or maybe somebody could post a ss with the unit roster so i can compare and see whats not there.

don't worry,nothing is missing,the game won't run well if there is a missng file.
    i will make them available to recuirt in the next HotFix.