Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MAP discussion

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Default MAP discussion

Slavs will be vassals of ERE
    Now we must find mapper, Nakh said that he could make the map, but i must ask him gain to be sure :hmmm:
    MORAL

Default Re: MAP discussion

Will shawdow factions be in ? And wenn this mod is released you making mod of bulgarije in different time zone again or you build this map larger ?

and nice map what is the different colour at the kazars

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

We still have not discussed possibility for shawdow factions. So everything is possible.
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

This map is actually a pretty nice start, considering the mod will include 5 or 6 factions mostly from scratch. It can always be expanded in later releases if needed.

It would be interesting to see a map of all the regions.

Good job so far!

I could make map though i cant promise it will be good i would suggest you add shadow factions like in my mod

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Nakharar View Post
    I could make map though i cant promise it will be good i would suggest you add shadow factions like in my mod
    What is shadow faction ?
    MORAL

Shadow faction like Eastern Roman Empire rebels

for the map im sorry i couldnt do a map which is indentical to the one you have at the top i did however move the map a bit South unfortunatly i could not go so east to fit the Arabs in they just fit in with 1-3 settlements, and alot of the Khazar empire isnt in just the Crimean bit sorry

If you can however find a map which you want to use as the map and its not smaller then 800x800 megapixels(below that and map is too small and doesnt look that good)

Fixes needing to be fixed:

Became bad quality when converted to JPEG
    Crimea needs to be fixed will do
    Some different coloured pixels exsist(fixed that in anti alliased version)
    This is alliased version , i converted to anti aliased version ant aliased works in game but aliased is nicer for previews
    Open gap of constantinople(done)

This map is maximum size 1200 x 1066 maximum size is 1200

ive made two newer versions
    Last edited by Nakharar; September 07, 2008 at 05:47 AM.

Great map mate.

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

Thanks Alien now im just making some gameplay aspects better of that map like opening up gaps i just need to know what size map you guys want do you guys want 1021x1021? Maximum size or smaller? BTW im open to rep
    Last edited by Nakharar; September 07, 2008 at 11:47 AM.

do you have an ingame picture of this map?

No i havent started doing ingame climates or mountains/hills mainly i had the scripting thing todo today and had tons of homework so today no go for the map maybe tommorow or day after you see ingame then maybe by next week i have draft heights done however this is my first map ive done for a major mod like BTW so i may need some advice from you J@mes, just a question J@mes do you draw the mountains yourself or some how sattelite map it

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Btw, Nakharar, before you start coding the actual map, you are going to expand it to fit the map from the first post, right? So games wouldn't become only a Bulgaro-Byzantine duel.

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

Maybe can the Map what more North and East ??

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Ok i will try and extend North though if theres complex sea formations if its just land i can do however expanding East wouldnt be a great option maybe the Arabs can have one settlement which fits in with a few stacks of armies

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Yeah, on the current map I'm worried mostly for the Khazars, especially since they didn't have much of a fleet to expand with (and they'd be forced to do so on the current map).

Yes i though of that too well i will try to got a bit more North

Well extended North a bit but with the hard bit of the black sea done i can go north very easily now

thats it how North you wanna go

I can go North as long as it doesnt reach the Baltic otherwise i need to redo

Just an update now im researching and do final checks on how to make map climates and and all those type of maps though i wont do heighs
    Last edited by Nakharar; September 10, 2008 at 11:18 AM.

Well im just waiting for you guys to say how North you want to go or if this is fine if this if in by next week i have ingame pic of map just base and then i develop ground types, climates and heights

I personally think, that the map should be expanded a little more on the north and east like this one:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Now the Khazars lands are to small - only the Crimea.

(Morava) river 505 AD

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast