Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scripting Ideas

Default Scripting Ideas

Please post here your ideas and suggestions about scripts.

PAENINSULA ITALICA project creator

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Scripting Ideas

I've put here Leonidas 480BC idea about Spartan units recruitment since scripting will need to be done in order to be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas480bc View Post
    Ok this is more of a suggestion but, Spartans are recruitable in Tarrantino and it takes 2 turns in the barracks. What i propose is adding a new building at the city level called foreign ambassador it would have 3 levels and each level would reduce the delay of getting the Spartans. So at 3rd city hall building you can build ambassador post, it would allow you to call for aid from sparta in the way of now being able to receive said troops in 5 turns. At 4th city hall upgrade you could build ambasador villa, reducing the time to 3 turns. And finally at 5th city hall upgrade you can build Bouleuterion or town council chambers/court house, reducing the time to 2 turns. The turn delay acts like prestige, bigger cities don't have to wait as long for help.

That would call for scripting, but if the teams interested, it would kinda be cool to see. I don't think it would be very hard to do, but it would have to be limited to factions like Syracuse and the Italiotae.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
    Level 1 allows you to recruit a unit that takes 5 turns to complete. Once the unit is spawned on the campaign map, a stack of units is spawned at a pre-determined position, under the player's control. Level 2 replaces the 5-turn unit with a 3-turn unit, and so on. The main problem I see with this is abuse...
    To stop the abuse we put a timer in that after you request aid you have to wait a certain amount of turns to request more help. Again the delay is based on the above mentioned buildings. So ambassador post would have to wait (10?) turns before more help could be requested. Ambasador villa would be (7?) turns and Bouleuterion would be (5?) turns. Now to add more surprise to this we add a chance element to it by saying 50%, 70%, and 90% chance to actually get approved. So then the question for all of you would be how big per level of building should the help be? Thanks to Benz282 for asking me to make a new thread for this.
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Great idea Leonidas480bc! I don't exactly know if it can be realized the same way as you proposed since I don't know nothing about scripting but it would definitely add a proper flavor to the Graeci Italiotai faction.

Anyone with scripting skills reading this? Suggestions?

Opifex

I really wish I could transfer all of my scripts such as the invitation of Pyrrhus into Italy, but they require the Kingdoms' "yes/no" Event Announcements, or other Kingdoms features.

At the same time, simplifications could be made for the 4tpy script, by having the adviser pop-up whenever you start the game etc.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    At the same time, simplifications could be made for the 4tpy script, by having the adviser pop-up whenever you start the game etc.
    Yes, would like to implement that - you know how it is done?

Opifex

Yes in general terms -- you simply have to advance the adviser as soon as the game starts; and then link the 4tpy script to "show me" for that bit of advice.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Yes, HouseOfHam gave me this link with his nice tutorial of how to do this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=191

Foederatus

So are there plans for any scripts for BI edition? Besides the ones put forward in this thread?

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

I have spent my entire day off trying to learn how to script. here are two examples so far.

year 317

spawn_army
    faction slave
    character Agathocles, general, command 2, influence 2, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 43, x 89, y 80
    Toxotai Kretaioi, soldiers 40 exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    Hoplitai Hellenes, soldiers 40 exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    Psiloi Akontistai Hellenes, soldiers 40 exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    Psiloi Akontistai Hellenes, soldiers 40 exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    Ekdromoi Hoplitai Hellenes, soldiers 40 exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end

year 343 they requested help 342 he shows up

spawn_army
    faction ITALIOTAE
    character Archidamus III, general, command 3, influence 2, management 1, subterfuge 0, age 48, x 89, y 80
    Toxotai Kretaioi, soldiers 40 exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    Psiloi Akontistai Hellenes, soldiers 40 exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    Peltastai Akontistai Hellenes, soldiers 40 exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, soldiers 40 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, soldiers 60 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    Ekdromoi Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, soldiers 60 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    Ekdromoi Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, soldiers 60 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end

They will be turn introduced i think. again this is my first attempt at this so if i made a mistake please let me know. The red are just place holders for thier actual insertion points,
    Last edited by Leonidas480bc; August 29, 2008 at 07:59 PM.

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

A whole day? Thats dedication right there!

Those seem like pretty small armies though :hmmm:

Very good Leonidas! We would like to add this script of yours when it will be finished - just put more units for them I guess so that the Spartan arrival will be more noticeable.

To decide on which coordinates you want the army to spawn go in the campaign map, press the console button (the same when you wan to enable toggle_fow) and then write "show_cursor stat". Your mouse will give you the two needed coordinates. Just decide where it should spawn and put those two numbers in your spawning Spartans script.

+ REP for you
    Last edited by Hister; August 30, 2008 at 02:30 AM.

Hell, you should probably spawn two armies.

ok]
    Last edited by Leonidas480bc; August 30, 2008 at 11:35 PM.

Ok,
    Last edited by Leonidas480bc; August 30, 2008 at 11:35 PM.

Opifex

Er, Leonidas please put that whole huge script inside [SPOILER] tags.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

i would have done that if i had known how.

Copy and paste this over your entire post up there:
    Code:
    Ok i am getting lil bits of scripting together but i need more input from the team on what other events army spawns and such that we need to implement. also if we want to add Archidamus III we will have to change the start date to 342 b.c. For Agathocles i want him to spawn in syracusae in 317 maybe making it a rebel city with the syracuean player having to retake the city back. Again i am not an expert in Italian history i am better versed in classical Greek. So i am asking for help to others who can research historical leaders not in the mod and we can add them as spawn in characters doing what they actually did with the player having to react to them as best he can. (((((((export_descr_advice.txt)))))) ;---------------------------------- AdviceThread My Script_Thread GameArea Campaign Item Events_script_Item_1 Uninhibitable Verbosity 0 Threshold 1 MaxRepeats 0 RepeatInterval 1 Attitude Normal presentation Default Title Events_Script_Title_1 On_dispaly scripts\show_me\Events_script.txt Text Events_script_Text_1 ;------------------------------------------ Trigger Events_script_trigger_1 WhenToTest ButtonPressed AdviceThread Events_script_Thread 1 ;------------------------------------------ Trigger Events_script_trigger_2 WhenToTest CharacterSelected AdviceThread Events_script_Thread 1 ;------------------------------------------ Trigger Events_script_trigger_3 WhenToTest SettlementSelected AdviceThread Events_script_Thread 1 {Events_script_Title_1}Background Script {Events_script_Text_1}Script started. script campaign_script.txt ((((((campaign_script.txt)))))) script wait 1 console_command clear_messages wait 1 advance_advice_thread Events_script_Thread wait 1 select_ui_element advisor_portrait_button simulate_mouse_click lclick_up end_script ((((((scripts\show_me\Events_script.txt)))))) script select_ui_element advisor_dismiss_button simulate_mouse_click lclick_up while I_AdvisorVisible end_while suspend_unscripted_advice true monitor_event GameReloaded TrueCondition terminate_script end_monitor while I_TurnNumber < 450 suspend_unscripted_advice true end_while 4tpy------------------------------------------------ suspend_during_battle on console_command date -334 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 0 end_while console_command date -334 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 1 end_while console_command date -334 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 2 end_while console_command date -334 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 3 end_while console_command date -333 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 4 end_while console_command date -333 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 5 end_while console_command date -333 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 6 end_while console_command date -333 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 7 end_while console_command date -332 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 8 end_while console_command date -332 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 9 end_while console_command date -332 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 10 end_while console_command date -332 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 11 end_while console_command date -331 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 12 end_while console_command date -331 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 13 end_while console_command date -331 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 14 end_while console_command date -331 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 15 end_while console_command date -330 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 16 end_while console_command date -330 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 17 end_while console_command date -330 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 18 end_while console_command date -330 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 19 end_while console_command date -329 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 20 end_while console_command date -329 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 21 end_while console_command date -329 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 22 end_while console_command date -329 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 23 end_while console_command date -328 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 24 end_while console_command date -328 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 25 end_while console_command date -328 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 26 end_while console_command date -328 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 27 end_while console_command date -327 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 28 end_while console_command date -327 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 29 end_while console_command date -327 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 30 end_while console_command date -327 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 31 end_while console_command date -326 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 32 end_while console_command date -326 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 33 end_while console_command date -326 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 34 end_while console_command date -326 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 35 end_while console_command date -325 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 36 end_while console_command date -325 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 37 end_while console_command date -325 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 38 end_while console_command date -325 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 39 end_while console_command date -324 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 40 end_while console_command date -324 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 41 end_while console_command date -324 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 42 end_while console_command date -324 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 43 end_while console_command date -323 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 44 end_while console_command date -323 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 45 end_while console_command date -323 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 46 end_while console_command date -323 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 47 end_while console_command date -322 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 48 end_while console_command date -322 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 49 end_while console_command date -322 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 50 end_while console_command date -322 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 51 end_while console_command date -321 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 52 end_while console_command date -321 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 53 end_while console_command date -321 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 54 end_while console_command date -321 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 55 end_while console_command date -320 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 56 end_while console_command date -320 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 57 end_while console_command date -320 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 58 end_while console_command date -320 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 59 end_while console_command date -319 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 60 end_while console_command date -319 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 61 end_while console_command date -319 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 62 end_while console_command date -319 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 63 end_while console_command date -318 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 64 end_while console_command date -318 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 65 end_while console_command date -318 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 66 end_while console_command date -318 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 67 end_while console_command date -317 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 68 end_while console_command date -317 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 69 end_while console_command date -317 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 70 end_while console_command date -317 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 71 end_while console_command date -316 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 72 end_while console_command date -316 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 73 end_while console_command date -316 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 74 end_while console_command date -316 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 75 end_while console_command date -315 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 76 end_while console_command date -315 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 77 end_while console_command date -315 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 78 end_while console_command date -315 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 79 end_while console_command date -314 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 80 end_while console_command date -314 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 81 end_while console_command date -314 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 82 end_while console_command date -314 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 83 end_while console_command date -313 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 84 end_while console_command date -313 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 85 end_while console_command date -313 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 86 end_while console_command date -313 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 87 end_while console_command date -312 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 88 end_while console_command date -312 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 89 end_while console_command date -312 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 90 end_while console_command date -312 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 91 end_while console_command date -311 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 92 end_while console_command date -311 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 93 end_while console_command date -311 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 94 end_while console_command date -311 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 95 end_while console_command date -310 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 96 end_while console_command date -310 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 97 end_while console_command date -310 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 98 end_while console_command date -310 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 99 end_while console_command date -309 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 100 end_while console_command date -309 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 101 end_while console_command date -309 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 102 end_while console_command date -309 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 103 end_while console_command date -308 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 104 end_while console_command date -308 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 105 end_while console_command date -308 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 106 end_while console_command date -308 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 107 end_while console_command date -307 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 108 end_while console_command date -307 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 109 end_while console_command date -307 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 110 end_while console_command date -307 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 111 end_while console_command date -306 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 112 end_while console_command date -306 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 113 end_while console_command date -306 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 114 end_while console_command date -306 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 115 end_while console_command date -305 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 116 end_while console_command date -305 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 117 end_while console_command date -305 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 118 end_while console_command date -305 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 119 end_while console_command date -304 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 120 end_while console_command date -304 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 121 end_while console_command date -304 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 122 end_while console_command date -304 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 123 end_while console_command date -303 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 124 end_while console_command date -303 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 125 end_while console_command date -303 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 126 end_while console_command date -303 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 127 end_while console_command date -302 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 128 end_while console_command date -302 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 129 end_while console_command date -302 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 130 end_while console_command date -302 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 131 end_while console_command date -301 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 132 end_while console_command date -301 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 133 end_while console_command date -301 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 134 end_while console_command date -301 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 135 end_while console_command date -300 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 136 end_while console_command date -300 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 137 end_while console_command date -300 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 138 end_while console_command date -300 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 139 end_while console_command date -299 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 140 end_while console_command date -299 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 141 end_while console_command date -299 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 142 end_while console_command date -299 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 143 end_while console_command date -298 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 144 end_while console_command date -298 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 145 end_while console_command date -298 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 146 end_while console_command date -298 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 147 end_while console_command date -297 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 148 end_while console_command date -297 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 149 end_while console_command date -297 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 150 end_while console_command date -297 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 151 end_while console_command date -296 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 152 end_while console_command date -296 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 153 end_while console_command date -296 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 154 end_while console_command date -296 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 155 end_while console_command date -295 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 156 end_while console_command date -295 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 157 end_while console_command date -295 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 158 end_while console_command date -295 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 159 end_while console_command date -294 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 160 end_while console_command date -294 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 161 end_while console_command date -294 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 162 end_while console_command date -294 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 163 end_while console_command date -293 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 164 end_while console_command date -293 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 165 end_while console_command date -293 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 166 end_while console_command date -293 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 167 end_while console_command date -292 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 168 end_while console_command date -292 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 169 end_while console_command date -292 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 170 end_while console_command date -292 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 171 end_while console_command date -291 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 172 end_while console_command date -291 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 173 end_while console_command date -291 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 174 end_while console_command date -291 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 175 end_while console_command date -290 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 176 end_while console_command date -290 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 177 end_while console_command date -290 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 178 end_while console_command date -290 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 179 end_while console_command date -289 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 180 end_while console_command date -289 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 181 end_while console_command date -289 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 182 end_while console_command date -289 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 183 end_while console_command date -288 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 184 end_while console_command date -288 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 185 end_while console_command date -288 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 186 end_while console_command date -288 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 187 end_while console_command date -287 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 188 end_while console_command date -287 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 189 end_while console_command date -287 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 190 end_while console_command date -287 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 191 end_while console_command date -286 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 192 end_while console_command date -286 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 193 end_while console_command date -286 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 194 end_while console_command date -286 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 195 end_while console_command date -285 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 196 end_while console_command date -285 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 197 end_while console_command date -285 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 198 end_while console_command date -285 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 199 end_while console_command date -284 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 200 end_while console_command date -284 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 201 end_while console_command date -284 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 202 end_while console_command date -284 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 203 end_while console_command date -283 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 204 end_while console_command date -283 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 205 end_while console_command date -283 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 206 end_while console_command date -283 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 207 end_while console_command date -282 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 208 end_while console_command date -282 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 209 end_while console_command date -282 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 210 end_while console_command date -282 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 211 end_while console_command date -281 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 212 end_while console_command date -281 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 213 end_while console_command date -281 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 214 end_while console_command date -281 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 215 end_while console_command date -280 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 216 end_while console_command date -280 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 217 end_while console_command date -280 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 218 end_while console_command date -280 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 219 end_while console_command date -279 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 220 end_while console_command date -279 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 221 end_while console_command date -279 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 222 end_while console_command date -279 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 223 end_while console_command date -278 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 224 end_while console_command date -278 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 225 end_while console_command date -278 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 226 end_while console_command date -278 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 227 end_while console_command date -277 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 228 end_while console_command date -277 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 229 end_while console_command date -277 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 230 end_while console_command date -277 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 231 end_while console_command date -276 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 232 end_while console_command date -276 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 233 end_while console_command date -276 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 234 end_while console_command date -276 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 235 end_while console_command date -275 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 236 end_while console_command date -275 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 237 end_while console_command date -275 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 238 end_while console_command date -275 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 239 end_while console_command date -274 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 240 end_while console_command date -274 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 241 end_while console_command date -274 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 242 end_while console_command date -274 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 243 end_while console_command date -273 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 244 end_while console_command date -273 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 245 end_while console_command date -273 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 246 end_while console_command date -273 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 247 end_while console_command date -272 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 248 end_while console_command date -272 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 249 end_while console_command date -272 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 250 end_while console_command date -272 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 251 end_while console_command date -271 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 252 end_while console_command date -271 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 253 end_while console_command date -271 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 254 end_while console_command date -271 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 255 end_while console_command date -270 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 256 end_while console_command date -270 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 257 end_while console_command date -270 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 258 end_while console_command date -270 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 259 end_while console_command date -269 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 260 end_while console_command date -269 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 261 end_while console_command date -269 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 262 end_while console_command date -269 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 263 end_while console_command date -268 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 264 end_while console_command date -268 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 265 end_while console_command date -268 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 266 end_while console_command date -268 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 267 end_while console_command date -267 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 268 end_while console_command date -267 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 269 end_while console_command date -267 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 270 end_while console_command date -267 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 271 end_while console_command date -266 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 272 end_while console_command date -266 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 273 end_while console_command date -266 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 274 end_while console_command date -266 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 275 end_while console_command date -265 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 276 end_while console_command date -265 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 277 end_while console_command date -265 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 278 end_while console_command date -265 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 279 end_while console_command date -264 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 280 end_while console_command date -264 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 281 end_while console_command date -264 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 282 end_while console_command date -264 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 283 end_while console_command date -263 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 284 end_while console_command date -263 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 285 end_while console_command date -263 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 286 end_while console_command date -263 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 287 end_while console_command date -262 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 288 end_while console_command date -262 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 289 end_while console_command date -262 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 290 end_while console_command date -262 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 291 end_while console_command date -261 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 292 end_while console_command date -261 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 293 end_while console_command date -261 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 294 end_while console_command date -261 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 295 end_while console_command date -260 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 296 end_while console_command date -260 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 297 end_while console_command date -260 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 298 end_while console_command date -260 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 299 end_while console_command date -259 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 300 end_while console_command date -259 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 301 end_while console_command date -259 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 302 end_while console_command date -259 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 303 end_while console_command date -258 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 304 end_while console_command date -258 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 305 end_while console_command date -258 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 306 end_while console_command date -258 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 307 end_while console_command date -257 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 308 end_while console_command date -257 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 309 end_while console_command date -257 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 310 end_while console_command date -257 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 311 end_while console_command date -256 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 312 end_while console_command date -256 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 313 end_while console_command date -256 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 314 end_while console_command date -256 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 315 end_while console_command date -255 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 316 end_while console_command date -255 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 317 end_while console_command date -255 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 318 end_while console_command date -255 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 319 end_while console_command date -254 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 320 end_while console_command date -254 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 321 end_while console_command date -254 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 322 end_while console_command date -254 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 323 end_while console_command date -253 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 324 end_while console_command date -253 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 325 end_while console_command date -253 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 326 end_while console_command date -253 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 327 end_while console_command date -252 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 328 end_while console_command date -252 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 329 end_while console_command date -252 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 330 end_while console_command date -252 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 331 end_while console_command date -251 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 332 end_while console_command date -251 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 333 end_while console_command date -251 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 334 end_while console_command date -251 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 335 end_while console_command date -250 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 336 end_while console_command date -250 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 337 end_while console_command date -250 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 338 end_while console_command date -250 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 339 end_while console_command date -249 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 340 end_while console_command date -249 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 341 end_while console_command date -249 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 342 end_while console_command date -249 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 343 end_while console_command date -248 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 344 end_while console_command date -248 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 345 end_while console_command date -248 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 346 end_while console_command date -248 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 347 end_while console_command date -247 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 348 end_while console_command date -247 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 349 end_while console_command date -247 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 350 end_while console_command date -247 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 351 end_while console_command date -246 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 352 end_while console_command date -246 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 353 end_while console_command date -246 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 354 end_while console_command date -246 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 355 end_while console_command date -245 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 356 end_while console_command date -245 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 357 end_while console_command date -245 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 358 end_while console_command date -245 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 359 end_while console_command date -244 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 360 end_while console_command date -244 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 361 end_while console_command date -244 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 362 end_while console_command date -244 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 363 end_while console_command date -243 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 364 end_while console_command date -243 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 365 end_while console_command date -243 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 366 end_while console_command date -243 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 367 end_while console_command date -242 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 368 end_while console_command date -242 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 369 end_while console_command date -242 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 370 end_while console_command date -242 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 371 end_while console_command date -241 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 372 end_while console_command date -241 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 373 end_while console_command date -241 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 374 end_while console_command date -241 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 375 end_while console_command date -240 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 376 end_while console_command date -240 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 377 end_while console_command date -240 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 378 end_while console_command date -240 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 379 end_while console_command date -239 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 380 end_while console_command date -239 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 381 end_while console_command date -239 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 382 end_while console_command date -239 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 383 end_while console_command date -238 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 384 end_while console_command date -238 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 385 end_while console_command date -238 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 386 end_while console_command date -238 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 387 end_while console_command date -237 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 388 end_while console_command date -237 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 389 end_while console_command date -237 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 390 end_while console_command date -237 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 391 end_while console_command date -236 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 392 end_while console_command date -236 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 393 end_while console_command date -236 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 394 end_while console_command date -236 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 395 end_while console_command date -235 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 396 end_while console_command date -235 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 397 end_while console_command date -235 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 398 end_while console_command date -235 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 399 end_while console_command date -234 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 400 end_while console_command date -234 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 401 end_while console_command date -234 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 402 end_while console_command date -234 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 403 end_while console_command date -233 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 404 end_while console_command date -233 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 405 end_while console_command date -233 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 406 end_while console_command date -233 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 407 end_while console_command date -232 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 408 end_while console_command date -232 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 409 end_while console_command date -232 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 410 end_while console_command date -232 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 411 end_while console_command date -231 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 412 end_while console_command date -231 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 413 end_while console_command date -231 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 414 end_while console_command date -231 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 415 end_while console_command date -230 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 416 end_while console_command date -230 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 417 end_while console_command date -230 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 418 end_while console_command date -230 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 419 end_while console_command date -229 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 420 end_while console_command date -229 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 421 end_while console_command date -229 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 422 end_while console_command date -229 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 423 end_while console_command date -228 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 424 end_while console_command date -228 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 425 end_while console_command date -228 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 426 end_while console_command date -228 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 427 end_while console_command date -227 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 428 end_while console_command date -227 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 429 end_while console_command date -227 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 430 end_while console_command date -227 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 431 end_while console_command date -226 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 432 end_while console_command date -226 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 433 end_while console_command date -226 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 434 end_while console_command date -226 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 435 end_while console_command date -225 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 436 end_while console_command date -225 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 437 end_while console_command date -225 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 438 end_while console_command date -225 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 439 end_while console_command date -224 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 440 end_while console_command date -224 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 441 end_while console_command date -224 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 442 end_while console_command date -224 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 443 end_while console_command date -223 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 444 end_while console_command date -223 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 445 end_while console_command date -223 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 446 end_while console_command date -223 console_command season winter while I_TurnNumber = 447 end_while console_command date -222 console_command season summer while I_TurnNumber = 448 end_while end_if end_script ((((((year 317 4tpy TurnNumber = 68)))))) script console_command capture_settlement Syracusae end_script spawn_army faction slave character Agathocles, general, command 2, influence 2, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 43, x 43, y 8 Toxotai Kretaioi, soldiers 30 exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1 Hoplitai Hellenes, soldiers 40 exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1 Hoplitai Hellenes, soldiers 40 exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1 Hoplitai Hellenes, soldiers 40 exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1 Hoplitai Hellenes, soldiers 40 exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1 Hoplitai Hellenes, soldiers 40 exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1 Psiloi Akontistai Hellenes, soldiers 60 exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0 Psiloi Akontistai Hellenes, soldiers 60 exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0 Ekdromoi Hoplitai Hellenes, soldiers 30 exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0 end year 343 they requested help 342 he shows up 338 he dies in battle spawn_army faction ITALIOTAE character Archidamus III, general, command 3, influence 2, management 1, subterfuge 0, age 48, x 89, y 80 Toxotai Kretaioi, soldiers 30 exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1 Psiloi Akontistai Hellenes, soldiers 60 exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0 Peltastai Akontistai Hellenes, soldiers 30 exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0 Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, soldiers 40 exp 4 armour 2 weapon_lvl 1 Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, soldiers 40 exp 4 armour 2 weapon_lvl 1 Ekdromoi Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, soldiers 40 exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1 Ekdromoi Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, soldiers 40 exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1 Ekdromoi Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, soldiers 40 exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1 Ekdromoi Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, soldiers 40 exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1 Hoplitai Hellenes, soldiers 40 exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1 end

HouseOfHam's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas480bc View Post
    I have spent my entire day off trying to learn how to script. here are two examples so far.

They will be turn introduced i think. again this is my first attempt at this so if i made a mistake please let me know. The red are just place holders for thier actual insertion points,
    - Don't specify the number of soldiers in the units. Just skip it so the game can auto-adjust it based on the campaign unit size setting.
    - Need to give the general it's own unit, otherwise he'll be assigned to the 1st unit in the list. If you spawn a character as general, he'll be just a captain. Use 'named character' to spawn family members.
    - Faction name should be one of those from descr_sm_factions.txt. Unfortunately, they have not been modded to be self-descriptive, so you'll have to figure out what they map to based on campaign_descriptions.txt
    - Any units you spawn for a faction must have that faction in the ownership line in EDU, so be sure to verify that as well
    - Need to put keyword unit before its name
    - Despite what the syntax looks like, command/influence/management/subterfuge values have no effect. If you want those to be set, you'll need some additional commands give that character some traits
    - A note on placing spawned armies on the campaign map: You can't spawn an army at a river crossing, but you can spawn it somewhere else, then immediately reposition it there

Code:
    ; Can't have it happen during the slave turn, so spawn it during player's turn instead
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart I_TurnNumber = 68         ; start of 317 BC in the 4tpy script
              and FactionIsLocal
        spawn_army
        faction slave
            character Agathocles, general, command 2, influence 2, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 43, x 89, y 80
            ; need to add general's unit here
            unit Toxotai Kretaioi, exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
            unit Hoplitai Hellenes, exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
            unit Psiloi Akontistai Hellenes, exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            unit Psiloi Akontistai Hellenes, exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            unit Ekdromoi Hoplitai Hellenes, exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
        end
        terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;year 343 they requested help 342 he shows up

monitor_event FactionTurnStart I_TurnNumber = whatever ; there is no year 343/342 in the 4tpy script
              and FactionType = romano_british
        spawn_army
        faction romano_british
            character Archidamus III, general, command 3, influence 2, management 1, subterfuge 0, age 48, x 89, y 80
            ; need to add general's unit here
            unit Toxotai Kretaioi, exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
            unit Psiloi Akontistai Hellenes, exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
            unit Peltastai Akontistai Hellenes, exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
            unit Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            unit Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            unit Ekdromoi Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            unit Ekdromoi Hoplitai Lakedaimonioi, exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
        end
        terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    I really wish I could transfer all of my scripts such as the invitation of Pyrrhus into Italy, but they require the Kingdoms' "yes/no" Event Announcements, or other Kingdoms features.
    You can emulate a yes/no prompt using advisor buttons. There's a tutorial for that, too.

To Hister

You don't need to include any of the other BI scripts in the show_me folder unless you modded them.
    RTR website/SVN admin

- Settlement coordinate locator -for RTW/M2TW
    - EDB Validator v1.2.8 (Oct 16, 2012) - for RTW/M2TW
    - RTW scripting tutorials
    - n-turns per year script generator

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfHam View Post

You can emulate a yes/no prompt using advisor buttons. There's a tutorial for that, too.
    The MTW2 scripting I'm referring to has very important additions, such as persistent script which means persistent variables. The most reflects of this is that you are able to track yes/no choices.

Hmm, but I suppose a one-time yes/no decision about Pyrrhus could be possible.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfHam View Post

To Hister

You don't need to include any of the other BI scripts in the show_me folder unless you modded them.
    Erm, you should point this to Luciano

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast