Thread: to make unique looking generals for each faction

Well, i'm diggin through again of the rtw folders and i found something, that will let me enable to give unique looking generals for each factions, even declare a new type...... i have to test it then i'll let you know, before i say anything nonsense.

.....yuuupp, it works. As you know each barbarian faction uses the same german_general model, so does each roman faction uses the roman_general and the roman_lesser general and all the eastern countries uses the eastern_general and lesser general model, so by editing the general skin in the d_model_battle txt, you would also change the look of the other factions as well. What i have found (i'm i'm not 10 steps behind again... :wack ) is to make each faction a new general with new stuff. Like your Julii general doesn't have to look like the brutii generals or the gauls would have a different looking general then the germans.

Here is my test. I used the senate standard bearer as my scythian general (LOL) and while i had that, the germans, still had the german general as usual:
    my scythian test general

the enemy german general

just take a look at the descr_character text and you get the idea.

I think we could also force it for the generals to use shields, (even though it is in there (rectangular shield)) , but instead of the general skin, we could use the pretorian cavalry unit skin with shield.
    There is also something about what weapon and armor you can assign, (gladius, chain mail) but i don't see any effect to it, as i just used the standard bearer, i didn't add shield or chainmail.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

THIS IS A GREAT FIND!!!!
    thanks for this!!
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants