Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Jackson Coming back to lotro.

Warmonger_25's Avatar Civis

Default Peter Jackson Coming back to lotro.

Woot. For those of you that don't know, Peter Jackson will be producing The Hobbit and it will realease in 2011. Theres also a twist to it... he will also be producing The Hobbit 2 in 2012 (as a sequal like the lord of the rings) which by rumours will be about the 60 years between The Hobbit till the Lord of the rings time. WOOT.

sorry my english is bad.

BTW awsome mod

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Default Re: Peter Jackson Coming back to lotro.

Yay, there's hope for "The Hobbit"! I really hope that it'll be good, since it was the first Tolkien book I read and I'd hate to see it turn out bad.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Warmonger_25's Avatar Civis

Trust me it will turn good.

Peter Jackson did make the 3 lord of the rings great didn't he??!

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger_25 View Post
    Trust me it will turn good.

Peter Jackson did make the 3 lord of the rings great didn't he??!
    Look at my first sentence.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

I thought Jacko fell out with New Line Cinema over pay.

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

The only problem is the Hobbit is more like an adventure/fairy tale meanwhile LOTR is a lot more serious. Interested to see how it will be.
    HONEY I AM HOME

Shame that the Silmarillion would likely be to much of a pain to make into a movie and still leave it with some resemblance to the book.
    "...Boldly they rode and well,
    Into the jaws of Death,
    Into the mouth of Hell
    Rode the six hundred.
    " - Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

Hes only the producer which means he only forks over the money, the guy who did pans labrynth (great movie) is the director. He said he would have respect for Peter Jackson but do it in his own way. Heck if i know what that means.

Fenix_120's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Australia View Post
    Shame that the Silmarillion would likely be to much of a pain to make into a movie and still leave it with some resemblance to the book.

It would be a good mini series.

but PJ is "executive producer" and that means (in hollywood slang) : Del Toro cant make something what PJ wont accept...so better is to say: Del Toro is "only" the director

besides PJ is still writing screenplay (with his wife and their friend Philipe Boyens (or something like that ) ) so dont be scared

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

Let me enlighten you Guys..

Guillermo del Toro are the director of these Films, and have been mostly known from Pans Labyrinth, Hell boy(1,2) and Blade 2.. As someone said here, del Toro will show respect for Jacksons lord of the rings, and will use that as a base.. and only improve those things that the movies lacked of..
    For one thing that reasently was stated from him, is that Gollum will still be animated as in the LoTR.
    I read somwhere that del Toro is preparing to move to New Zealand(if he hasnt already done so), and making prepares for the movie(Where the other filmes where made).

About the actors, One that is already certain, is Ian McKellen(Gandalf) which actually hasnt signed the contract yet.. But he has stated that he's 100% sure of it and that we can expect to see him in the hobbit filmes.. There has been some rumors that Bilbo will be played by James McAvoy, which is known from Last King of scotland, Atonement and wanted..
    Viggo Mortensen has said that his very anxious to be appart of this fantasy world once again, but its not certain if Aragorn will have a part in these filmes, which are very unlikely..

Peter Jackson will stand beside the whole thing, with his armes crossed and make sure that Del Toro makes everything right, as a Producer.

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

Yes I was right..

Del Toro will move to New Zealand for the next four years to work with Jackson and his Wingnut and WETA production teams. He will helm the two films back to back – telling the story of “The Hobbit,” and its sequel, which will deal with the 60-year period between “The Hobbit” and “The Fellowship of the Ring,” the first of the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy.
    This was stated in April this year, which means that He has already moved probably.

i think, that Andy Sarkis (Gollum) is sure too

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

I hope that Del Toro can make sam as PJ did with LotR and I hope that it will be more serious film than book was, more LotR and Silmarillion style, if you know what I mean.

Only things which I really care that they will use as many actors which were in LotR: Andy Serkis, Viggo Mortensen, Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving, Cate Blanchett...

Also they must use WETA Workshop and WETA Digital, those Tolkien geeks really made Middle-earth true.

Wobble44's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Varjon View Post
    I hope that Del Toro can make sam as PJ did with LotR and I hope that it will be more serious film than book was, more LotR and Silmarillion style, if you know what I mean.
    But the hobbit is almost a fairy tale, one cannot simply transform it into an epic saga. It's a brilliant story and I think that every bit of it counts. I will be so heart broken if they miss out bits like they did in lotr, (Tom Bombadil, The Barrows, The Rangers). If they make a hobbit movie, I really hope they don't miss out the trolls, or Beorn, or the spiders.

And they'll also have to put some elements in from the unfinished tales. About how Thorin met Gandalf in Bree. And the reasons Gandalf is worried about Smaug. And the Party in Bilbos house, I'm hoping in that, being one of the most cheerful parts of the book. And I really hope they dont miss out any of the riddles

i hope Hobbit will be fairy tale on the start, but then (after finding of the One ring) it become more PJ - LoTR, with it's finale in battle of Five Armies and nice cliffhanger to second movie, which is going to be regular serious (with a Battle of Osgiliath, hope we will see Sean Bean and David Wenham nearly losing this battle and destroying the Great bridge over the Anduin)

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

I think they can make an epic saga but still have joyful fairy tale parts. (Not to the extent of the original movie)
    HONEY I AM HOME

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

As long as Jackson is involved in any way I'm content.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

I've never been disappointed with a film made by P.J, I even liked Meet the Feebles lol

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Thing is, PJ is only producing this film. He'll have very little to do with it. Also, this is old news, we discussed this in the Arts forum months ago and then again on the .com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast