Thread: CTD when in custom battle or Campaign

Default CTD when in custom battle or Campaign

it crashes when it loading and give a bunch of different errors about missing cas files and stuff.
    I made a copy of the rome:tw data, prefences, saves and custom folders and then instaled RS1.5a and put it in my new folder called RS (where the new rtw folders are). Then I downloaded RS1.5b.
    well thats my instal process, I hope some1 can help.
    "To die with honor is to live forever" :sparta:

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: CTD when in custom battle or Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_Matt View Post
    it crashes when it loading and give a bunch of different errors about missing cas files and stuff.
    I made a copy of the rome:tw data, prefences, saves and custom folders and then instaled RS1.5a and put it in my new folder called RS (where the new rtw folders are). Then I downloaded RS1.5b.
    well thats my instal process, I hope some1 can help.
    You need to install RS into the game folder. You can't 'mod folder' it (which I think you've tried to do).

If you took a complete copy of your RTW folder (it must be clean with no oter mods installed or installed and removed) and called it RTW RS and installed the game there then it should work OK.

The various text files in the data folder have links to folders where the files should be found. You appear to have changed where these files are from the default - it can't find them in the specific location and fails.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I think he's saying he made a copy of RTW and installed RS into that....but I also think you installed RS in the 'data' folder. As I've said many times, and many ways...any errors about things missing...RS installed in the wrong place.

But, if you DID try to mod folder RS1.5.......good luck. Will not work. RS must be installed into a working copy of RTW.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

ok ill try what you have told me

Icon10 Re: CTD when in custom battle or Campaign

It works!!!! So far it looks Great the campaign map look good and the units are awsome too. thx for the help to allow me to play this great mod.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Good to hear. Enjoy the game.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here