Thread: patch comin'?

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Icon11 patch comin'?

hi everyone! i was really impressed from this mod when i saw it and i have to say that is really great! but i've noticed a little annoyin' problem: some units doesn't have the face!! they appears correctly in everything but in their face: you can only recognize their nose...they do not have eyes or mouth...i mean...it seems that they aren't "focused"...i hope you understand what i mean..

and i have a suggestion too: why don't you put a special animation for the roman legionaries (i mean everyone who throw a pilum before attackin' with gladius..pre-marian soldiers included) as the ones of 58 BC??
    do you know how they act? they seems more "real" cause they cover them self with the scutumand attack with the gladius covered by it... they look really cool!

so my question is: will a patch exit to repair the faces bug? (and even add the legionaries animation if it's okay for you..)

bye

Default Re: patch comin'?

There is no face bug that I know of. Either you have the unit settings set on low or you have some graphic issues with your PC. Enabling the unit shaders in the video options might also help. I`m just guessing here because you have not attached a picture to see what exactly you meant.

There are only three gladius animations around that I know of. The ones made by sig1, the ones from eb and the ones Prometheus did for Res Gestae. The last is the one used in the current release. And the only one compatible with the models. If used with the other two there are certain glitches like the foot going through the shield in combat. Adjusting this would mean someone with 3dsmax and modelling skills. We have none available.

Concerning a future patch, I am taking down notes of all the bugs and suggestions posted in the Forum and, after some time to get some more feedback, I expect to start working with it. Including, of course, the content of Florin excellent hotfix.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

okay the faces issue was my fault....not at all really.
    my pc setted up the texture to low (even thoug it can support the very high settings ) and when i putted it up it hasn't cahnged anythin till i restart the game! this time was allright! thank you anyway (even for the rapid answer!)

for the animation issue: i did not understand very well the point of the feet walkin' on the shield but if you say you can't do it it's okay...

thank you for your answers guys!

I mean it looks like this:

Knees and swords going through the shield in combat. Not evident in stand by position, but it is in that part of the animation that interested you. I.e. when they close to the enemy in melee.

It can be changed, but it requires changing the model and we don`t have anyone able to do that available.
    Last edited by florin80; August 29, 2008 at 08:33 AM.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

[/S]
    Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    I mean it looks like this:

Knees and swords going through the shield in combat. Not evident in stand by position, but it is in that part of the animation that interested you. I.e. when they close to the enemy in melee.

It can be changed, but it requires changing the model and we don`t have anyone able to do that available.
    oh! okay now i've understand! i was thinkin' about feet that litteraly walk on shields!=p
    that will be properly funny!