Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: P.I. Beta Bug thread

Default Re: P.I. Beta Bug thread

ok figured out that for some reason BI wont work anymore i think its the video codex but i have got it working on alex but obviously im going to miss out on somethings thanks for trying to help though

HouseOfHam's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by darylb View Post
    ok figured out that for some reason BI wont work anymore i think its the video codex but i have got it working on alex but obviously im going to miss out on somethings thanks for trying to help though
    Yup, PI replaces BI's intro video (bi\data\fmv\BI_Intro_640x480.wmv) with a new one, but it's in some strange format that doesn't work for most people (or maybe the file is corrupt?).

If you don't want to have to spend time looking for and installing the right codec, you can either add the -nm parameter to the command line, or overwrite that file with another wmv video that does work.
    RTR website/SVN admin

- Settlement coordinate locator -for RTW/M2TW
    - EDB Validator v1.2.8 (Oct 16, 2012) - for RTW/M2TW
    - RTW scripting tutorials
    - n-turns per year script generator

The patch was supposed to fix that(presuming you follow the instructions) afaik.

Hey all,

I just found out that the Pedites Henirici don't have any skins!

They just look like Casper the Friendly Ghosts running around the field of battle.

Please check and fix.
    hellas1

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

1. The faction menu doesn't list any victory conditions.

2. BI's "dominant religion paganism" and "new testament formulated" messages are popping up at the beginning of campaign.

3. Roman hastati, principes, & triarii aren't selectable in custom battles.

Here I'm...
    ...sorry for the delay ...I have been in serious troubles for some real life problems;

PAENINSULA ITALICA project creator

It's not a problem , real life is more important good luck luciano !!!

I know the animation makes the arm look weird when throwing the javelin, but in this case it seems a bit more severe to me:

Maybe there`s also something happening there with the model?

Hi all,

Two things from BI occur when playing P.I. :

I. Some Gallic factions have Christianity as a Religion!
    I don't remember which ones. Sorry. Please check.

II. I keep on getting "In this year" boxes that deal with Christianity and Christian themes NOT Pagan events that happened in Pre SPQR Italy! Please remove them and add the real stuff.

Thanks again,
    hellas1

HouseOfHam's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by hellas1 View Post
    II. I keep on getting "In this year" boxes that deal with Christianity and Christian themes NOT Pagan events that happened in Pre SPQR Italy! Please remove them and add the real stuff.
    You can remove them in PI\data\world\campaign\descr_events.txt

The corresponding messages are in PI\data\text\historic_events.txt

The changes will only be visible in a new campaign.
    RTR website/SVN admin

- Settlement coordinate locator -for RTW/M2TW
    - EDB Validator v1.2.8 (Oct 16, 2012) - for RTW/M2TW
    - RTW scripting tutorials
    - n-turns per year script generator

Hi HouseofHam,

I'll just wait until the next build.

How would I know what happened on the Italian Peninsula during this time period anyway, as I've never researched its' history?

Thanks though!
    hellas1

sorry if someone told it before, but i wanna know if i'm the only one who cannot neither build forts and watchtowers nor recruit mercennaires!

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

yes Maxim, those feautures haven't been coded in yet --> beta, ...
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    yes Maxim, those feautures haven't been coded in yet --> beta, ...
    understood.. i hope in the next version we can savour every single feature a similar mod can offer

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfHam View Post
    Yup, PI replaces BI's intro video (bi\data\fmv\BI_Intro_640x480.wmv) with a new one, but it's in some strange format that doesn't work for most people (or maybe the file is corrupt?).

If you don't want to have to spend time looking for and installing the right codec, you can either add the -nm parameter to the command line, or overwrite that file with another wmv video that does work.
    I donīt see any video at all -> PI Screen -> Menu -> and thatīs it... whatīs wrong?
    "Most people are like a leaf which is blown and turning around through the air,and wavers, and tumbles to the ground.
    But others, a few, are like stars, they go on a fixed course, no wind reaches them, in themselves they have their law and their course."

Siddhartha in Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, Chapter Six

Quote Originally Posted by Argyri View Post
    I donīt see any video at all -> PI Screen -> Menu -> and thatīs it... whatīs wrong?
    Nothing since you are not supposed to see any video . that file repleces the vanilla menu with current mod's one

dmesa's Avatar Biarchus

Edited (added some other bugs)

i dont know if this has been posted, but in me Syracusan Campaign the Hoplitai Hellenikoi dont have sprites(spelling?), also the ferentarii penti, ferentarii umbi and the hoplites falsci...i have seen that some times the sprites can be seen and nometimes they can't(weird).
    Edit found 2 more> lancearii siculi, equites picente (playing as syracuse)

i have to say that the cartaghinian generals seem too big for me, too many chairots, ultra javelin range(they managed to kill my general some times), maybe they're very strong too, i have attacked them with pelstasts and they seem to last a lot, they just dont die, you should tone down the range and the javelin weakeness (just an advice).

The stamina of the armies seem to drop quite quickly, the only thing i dont like is when the enemy is very far, because i have to wait for my army to recover when marching, and if not i just die with all my exhausted troops.
    Last edited by dmesa; September 24, 2008 at 10:35 PM.

Sig made by Haeressiarch...+Rep me if you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    Nothing since you are not supposed to see any video . that file repleces the vanilla menu with current mod's one
    Well, that make me calm...

Thanks, dude...
    "Most people are like a leaf which is blown and turning around through the air,and wavers, and tumbles to the ground.
    But others, a few, are like stars, they go on a fixed course, no wind reaches them, in themselves they have their law and their course."

Siddhartha in Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, Chapter Six

You are welcome. I'll start solving some of the bugs mentioned here when I finish what I'm currently at and that is coding in the 3 different cultural levels (which replaced the religion). Yep that to will be in next patch...

Hey all,

New Bugs! (Maybe):

1. Carpentarii (Etrusci faction): Main spear/javelin thrower has NO javelin in his hand but the accompanying assistant has 3.

2. Ferentarii (Etruscan faction): Showing as white! No color, facial expression or weapons, just white like ghosts. Is this a skin or sprite issue?
    It seems like a skin issue to me.

That's it so far,
    hellas1

P.S. Please release the next build asap because I really REALLY like this mod!