Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: PAENINSULA ITALICA BETA VERSION DOWNLOAD

Default Re: PAENINSULA ITALICA BETA VERSION DOWNLOAD

I love the beta of PI. It's got me playing rome totalwar again. Keep up the good work. Its really appreciated!
    [Massive Sig Here]

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sparton Matticus View Post
    I love the beta of PI. It's got me playing rome totalwar again. Keep up the good work. Its really appreciated!
    Thank you mister!

P.S. to all the folks here: I won't eb able to provide support for you guys until I return back home itomorrow morning. Hopefully luciano will fill my line...
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

I've started changing the faction colors and for the most part, it makes the map look better. However, there is little distinction between certain factions, and the color palette is limited. In a way, I guess that is a plus given that most factions of the period were relatively barbaric and that uniforms/clothing were limited to natural colors, but when you cannot tell one faction's settlement from another without scrolling over it, that's a bad thing.

I'll do a little more fine-tuning and then I'll upload a few screens of the map for you guys to judge.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

I most give some extra creed to Garve, these 70 songs are pure master pisces.
    They made this already awesome mod even better.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Here's the screens. The main focus is the radar map, but you can also see how the colors change the flags of each faction on the strat map.

Tell me what you think looks good, and what you think could be improved on. I'm happy with all of Italy north of the SPQR (with the exception of maybe the Umbrians), but again, if anything should be changed, tell me.

Oh, and don't pay attention to the odd color of the sea; that's a side-effect of one of my own projects .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Rome:

Etruscans:

Poeni:

Syracuse:

Brettii:

Italiotes:

Liguaria and North-Western Gauls:

Venetii and Rhaetii:

Samnites:

Umbri:

Sabelii:

Senones:

Apulia:

Lucanii:

Messapii:

Opifex

Benz, here are some of the faction colors I was working on for MTW2:

If you want to use those, I can send the RGB values.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Foederatus

Just a question, I don't know how feasible it is, could be impossible. You have the real combat adaption, now a point I'm stuck on, is the real combat adaption part of BI as well? Because then would it be possible to scale not only the attack and defense of units based on the armor they wear, but could you link cost to that as well. Therefore a units cost could be based on its armament like real life, it would have to be tweaked and balanced but I think if it was possible it could streamline the initial costs for units and be realistic at the same time. The upkeep costs would have to include morale, skills, etc. But again I'm not a modder so I don't know the inherent difficulties and impossibilities of these ideas.
    Last edited by Nullified; August 28, 2008 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim Victor View Post
    I most give some extra creed to Garve, these 70 songs are pure master pisces.
    They made this already awesome mod even better.
    Thanx, Maxim.

The big problem is that now i haven't finished yet, because I'm still composing and it gets more difficult to create good songs.

70 are a big number, but my real goal is THE number: 100.

When i'll reach that amount, i'll be satisfied and i could consider the job truly done.

Of course it will depend on the amount of appreciation and downloads of the mod and the music to judge if the reward is worth the effort.

when you want me to listen your music, just tell me and i'll be happy to do it.

Foederatus

Yes Garve the music is great. I really noticed the difference playing without it, and then adding the music pack. It works to immerse so well that sometimes you dont notice until it has stopped or changed.

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    Benz, here are some of the faction colors I was working on for MTW2:

If you want to use those, I can send the RGB values.
    Thanks. I saved the image on my computer so I have the RGB values .

I think that for the most part, faction colors should be the same between the M2 and BI versions, right? :hmmm:

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

Benz282 I am sure you have noticed the no mans land in certain provinces. Pandosia has two boundary issues where you will see small areas not controlled by anyone. Missing large unit cards for Brettii units. Hoplitai Tarrantina large and small unit card tunic color is blue for actual unit its white. Nice Pylos helm BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas480bc View Post
    Benz282 I am sure you have noticed the no mans land in certain provinces. Pandosia has two boundary issues where you will see small areas not controlled by anyone.
    ?

What do you mean?

Look at that area and you will see the colored boundary lines are not next to each other as they should be. I saw atleast two small triangular spots in that area.

Wewt!

ok, more testing. becoming more and more impressed.

First, played Etruscans (without garves music). VERY historically accurate units, love the axemen with their 'cooking pot' helmets. Chariots are a problem .. they don't skirmish with javelins? is this correct? In one battle, a unit of general's chariots charged downhill into a unit of moving light axemen, knocking most down .. but they all got up again and destroyed the chariots! ... but i think that's a RTW feature. Hoplite overarm animations is excellent.

Next played Syracusians (with garves music .. wonders, why didn't I do this in the first place!) Music is top notch, makes me feel in the period. i must admit i didn't expect much but Garve you surprised me, well done.

Horse archer units look excellent, like early etruscan horse archers .. .. but units are far too large .. 60+ horsemen trying to keep formation and evade etc etc. only a small point though.

No more CTD so far .. touch wood.

More testing to come,

BTW, Hister, no time. i think I've bitten off too much with RomulusTotalWar. Would be nice if CA developed a Mod builder frontend, save them and us alot of f'ing around.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

From what little time I've spent in the EDU, all chariots use their missiles before a charge (ala pila throwing infantry). That means Skirmish mode is not enabled for them. Still, the "Fire at Will" button should be activated. And yes, it seems chariots only knock troops down, with an occasional kill here and there.

Then again, Chariots are best used for fear imo...

Ok this is more of a suggestion but, Spartans are recruitable in Tarrantino and it takes 2 turns in the barracks. What i propose is adding a new building at the city level called foreign ambassador it would have 3 levels and each level would reduce the delay of getting the Spartans. So at 3rd city hall building you can build ambassador post, it would allow you to call for aid from sparta in the way of now being able to receive said troops in 5 turns. At 4th city hall upgrade you could build ambasador villa, reducing the time to 3 turns. And finally at 5th city hall upgrade you can build Bouleuterion or town council chambers/court house, reducing the time to 2 turns. The turn delay acts like prestige, bigger cities don't have to wait as long for help.
    Last edited by Leonidas480bc; August 28, 2008 at 10:17 PM.

That would call for scripting, but if the teams interested, it would kinda be cool to see. I don't think it would be very hard to do, but it would have to be limited to factions like Syracuse and the Italiotae.
    Level 1 allows you to recruit a unit that takes 5 turns to complete. Once the unit is spawned on the campaign map, a stack of units is spawned at a pre-determined position, under the player's control. Level 2 replaces the 5-turn unit with a 3-turn unit, and so on. The main problem I see with this is abuse...

Perhaps we should make a different thread for this, as there is already a separate bug-hunting thread.

I have played a few factions ie the romans, poeini and a couples of others and one thing I have noticed is after each turn you get a new general/family member. Is that how its supposed to work? Well i have only got upto 15 turns. But so far I seem to get a new general every turn.
    [Massive Sig Here]

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

That is because you have many more cityes than generals, the game offer you adoption so you could manage your cityes insted of that the player whould have to wait.

Sorry for the gramatical and spelling erors. (writhing from my phone)
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam