Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: PAENINSULA ITALICA BETA VERSION DOWNLOAD

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: PAENINSULA ITALICA BETA VERSION DOWNLOAD

Although I'm not sure green spearmen was accurate? green shields, green robes etc etc ??
    Hi Rorarii, nice to see you here What is the name of the unit you are referring to? Irish spearmen??? Never spotted it testing the campaig as romani but then again I wasn't able to test it much.

Game design wise, I think i'd prefer 0 build time for militia, call up field - and high maintenance costs, thus one can call up a number of legions when peril threatens. But small game preference point.
    Rorarii, I have a preposition. Would you be so kind to implement the upkeep values in edu for all units the way you envision the upkeep to look like? You seem to have reasonable and logical preposition regarding that topic. I'm very busy at the moment and Luciano is just not present - dunno where he is, he should have checked in by now.
    Since he will be busy fixing the most important bugs he will have no time for additional new feautures like putting new upkeep values in edu. It shouldn't take you that much time and you will make a BIG favour for us. Let me know and we can discuss different upkeep parameters here publicly so that everyone can post his opinion.

Edit: Rorarii, you haven't mentioned music - what do you think of it?
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Well done guys, love the music Garve.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

I think I have found the cause of the battle CTD, sort of. There's a problem with the Sabelian Equites Paeligni, the mod CTDs when this unit attacks or is attacked.
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Visitor13 came to TWC for the wafers

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor13 View Post
    I think I have found the cause of the battle CTD, sort of. There's a problem with the Sabelian Equites Paeligni, the mod CTDs when this unit attacks or is attacked.
    thank you. It is a wrong set of animation stickied to them. Will be fixed.

You're welcome. This is easily one of my most anticipated mods and even though it's still a beta, I'm loving it!

Visitor13, thank you for kind words!

Note that if you want to contribute to the final PI RTW version you are welcome to do some modding in areas that need to be improved - if you have any knowledge of modding that is. Otherwise bug hunting is good to.

From what I have read I cant wait to DL this. Now if I could just sneak outta work without getting fired!!

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

What file are the Faction descriptions located in. Italiotae faction description has numerous grammatical errors. If you will let me ill proof read and then correct them and send you the updated file or files back. As much as i want to play this game i would rather sacrafice a few hours to help make this the best game for RTW. So if anyone can name all the descriptive files, ie units, buildings, factions, then ill get to work.

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

...\Rome - Total War\PI\Data\text\

In there you will find several files, but the ones you are looking for are "campaign_descriptions", "export_buildings" and "export_units".

I'm going to edit "descr_sm_factions" and make faction colors closer to what they are in the faction's symbol at faction selection (I noticed in-game symbols are different). I'll make one with borders, one without, and one with semi-transparent borders.

I'll also try working out a 0-turn recruit and varied-upkeep EDU if nobody else volunteers to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    Visitor13, thank you for kind words!

Note that if you want to contribute to the final PI RTW version you are welcome to do some modding in areas that need to be improved - if you have any knowledge of modding that is. Otherwise bug hunting is good to.
    Heh, my modding skills - well, I managed to install a new unit into Roma Surrectum once. But couldn't get the icon to show up And some very basic text editing. So I guess I'll stick to finding bugs for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas480bc View Post
    What file are the Faction descriptions located in. Italiotae faction description has numerous grammatical errors. If you will let me ill proof read and then correct them and send you the updated file or files back. As much as i want to play this game i would rather sacrafice a few hours to help make this the best game for RTW. So if anyone can name all the descriptive files, ie units, buildings, factions, then ill get to work.
    Excellent Leonidas480BC! For now leave faction descriptions as they are - SigniferOne has already undergo a huge faction description revision where the historical data is updated and grammatically corrected. Let us not duplicate the work. New faction descriptions will be released when signiferOne finishes work on them.

On the matter of unit descriptions this is entirely different case - noone has started to work on unit descriptions so you have a green light to do that and we would very much appreciate any unit descriptions you may make! you will be given + rep from all of us
    To do proper and historically correct unit descriptions you may want to consult with Luciano B (RTW PI mod leader) since he has by far the best historical knowledge on the matter. For starters you can post your description for any given unit you want to choose so that we can comment it. Unit descriptions are in export_units file which is located in RTW\PI\data\text folder.

I will give you an example of how the code looks like:

[CODE]
    ¬----------------

{Ensiferi_Sabini} Ensiferi Sabini

{Ensiferi_Sabini_descr}
    Sabine swordsmen. Close combat infantry equipped with javelins and sword.

{Ensiferi_Sabini_descr_short}
    Sabine swordsmen.

¬----------------
    [CODE]

What you need to do is expand the text below {Ensiferi_Sabini_descr} tag. Here you write the full description for the unit like how it was used, you add any historical data you might know about the unit, ect.
    that's it. Very easy from coding point of view but it is a huge task because of so many units we have in the mod.

As I said, first make a description for a chosen unit and post it here so that w can comment on it for any improvements...

Here I'm ...I felt alseep last night ...it seems that I'll be very busy in the next hours with bug-fixing
    Thanks to all our supporters for a so great partecipation.

PAENINSULA ITALICA project creator

Quote Originally Posted by Benz282 View Post
    ...\Rome - Total War\PI\Data\text\

In there you will find several files, but the ones you are looking for are "campaign_descriptions", "export_buildings" and "export_units".

I'm going to edit "descr_sm_factions" and make faction colors closer to what they are in the faction's symbol at faction selection (I noticed in-game symbols are different). I'll make one with borders, one without, and one with semi-transparent borders.

I'll also try working out a 0-turn recruit and varied-upkeep EDU if nobody else volunteers to do it.
    Ah I see you beat me to it! Yes please go ahead with it! Every contributor will be written in the credits + given REP and a big worm THANK YOU

YEEEEY, LUCIANO IS HERE --> + rep THIS GUY! ))

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    Ok, inital impressions .. EXCELLENT!!, dated RTW but PI makes worth playing.

I love the new units, played as Roman, skins are a delight to see. Although I'm not sure green spearmen was accurate? green shields, green robes etc etc ??
    Thanks a lot Rorarii
    Green shades were used in ancient times like many other colors. We have dozens of diverse color schemes to make differentiation among the numerous separate tribes; so it's inevitable that a couple of nations (Hernici and Fentani) have their units dressed in green.

I really want to download this mod, but I'm wondering if it is mod foldered or not?
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman_Man#3 View Post
    I really want to download this mod, but I'm wondering if it is mod foldered or not?
    Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman_Man#3 View Post
    It is - go ahead and download it. Only RTW\BI\data\FMV BI_Intro_640x480 fiel is overwritten so you may want to back the vanilla one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybios View Post
    - After copying the moviefile into the BI-Folder, the menu starts to lag. Disable the movies in the shortcut solved that problem. Btw the movie is neither playable with Media Player 11 nor MPC. Maybe a damaged file? It's not to my system, because I play with a Radeon 3870, 2GB RAM and a X2 5400+ CPU.
    Cheers
    You're right Polybios;
    It isn't a true movie, but a simple .tga file renamed with .wmv extension, just to disable the vanilla BI intro movie ...probably there's a smarter way to accomplish that

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

...perhaps by adding "-nm" to the shortcut? lol