Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: PAENINSULA ITALICA BETA VERSION DOWNLOAD

Default Re: PAENINSULA ITALICA BETA VERSION DOWNLOAD

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post

Benz282, thank you very much for helping with installation instructions! Much apriciated! +REP
    Looks like your problem with chariots is related to unproper animation given to them or wrong parameters in EDU. Will be fixed in the patch. Until then if you want you can fix it by yourself since I can see that you are familiar with the game. Please report what was wrong with them and how you fix it for others to be able to fix it to until the patch comes. Thank you.
    Yes, please tell us how to fix this!

(rushes back to playing)
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Visitor13 came to TWC for the wafers

YAY thanks and congratulations to the whole team!!

Some more impressions after playing SPQR:

Yes that is true. I also experience this. So how did you manage to fix this Polibyos? Please be more specific - in what shortcut?
    I just added "-nm" to the game-shortcut that comes with the zip file.

Yes you have to enable it manually. Just press Esc when at the beginning of each campaign (also when you load the game from the save) and then click on the questionmark that is available in the menu. The advisor will appear and then click on "show me how" button to activate a script.
    It works, thanks a lot!

Are you sure - you get a CTD when you try to play one? Or you mean that you can't choose faction specific units from the unit roosters? You see, Luciano made the campaign recruitment that enables many local units to be recruited by all factions so this makes custom battles kind'a unplayable since you can't really choose faction specific units for the battle. Instead you get all host of different units..
    No, I get no CTD. When I try to start a custom or quick battle, the map loads, but all units get killed immediately, because both armies are placed in water. See here: http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?i...kbattlejv9.jpg

- I noticed some texture errors when zooming out. See the following screenshots:
    1) http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unitszi0.jpg
    2) http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=units2kw1.jpg
    3) http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unit3hg1.jpg (Ghosts? *g*)

- The movement rate of armies and diplomats is too high

- Win + Tab to switch to the desktop works. Great

- Too much money at the beginning

- Victory conditions are not present

- I get a CTD when attacking with my army from Marruvium the enemy familiy member Bautis Pontiis. I uploaded the savegame so you can reconstruct it. First bring the two Equites Romani from Rome and the two Hastati from Arpinum into Marruvium. Than choose all your solidiers - except the two Ferrentarii Marsi - and the general and attack the enemy familiy member. He will retreat, follow him, attack him again and the battle will start. During the following battle, the game will CTD.
    Savegame: http://rapidshare.de/files/40338828/Autosave.sav.html

(Edit): - I noticed some empty samnite forts round about Capua. See savegame.

- Maybe you can make a senate instead of an "imperial family" with the possibility to recruit provincial gouvernors. Like in "Iberian Total War"

So far. More to come after spending more hours.

Cheers
    Polybios
    Last edited by Polybios; August 28, 2008 at 05:40 AM.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Fantastic!

Downloading now, officially first time I'll have played RTW in over a year

Cheers,
    Augustus

i fixed the menu lag but i can't paly custom battle i get an error and i will quit or i choose gallic grassland and it 's just sea and and everyone dies immediatly.... btw in the custom battle the factions are all the same units and this is bad for me

btw great mod the campain is great

HNNNNNNNG

Quote Originally Posted by Polybios View Post

- I get a CTD when attacking with my army from Marruvium the enemy familiy member Bautis Pontiis. I uploaded the savegame so you can reconstruct it. First bring the two Equites Romani from Rome and the two Hastati from Arpinum into Marruvium. Than choose all your solidiers - except the two Ferrentarii Marsi - and the general and attack the enemy familiy member. He will retreat, follow him, attack him again and the battle will start. During the following battle, the game will CTD.
    Savegame: [U]http://rapidshare.de/files/40338828/Autosave.sav.html
    I have a similar problem with the Sabellian FM Uvis Stadfnis. The battle starts and once my troops have gone close enough to him, I get a CTD. I tried avoiding fighting him on the battle map, but here's the savegame:

http://rapidshare.de/files/40339361/spqr1.sav.html
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Visitor13 came to TWC for the wafers

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

Ok i figured out what was wrong im running vista and it took world folder out of PI folder during installation. I copy pasted it from the download and it works fine. Clipping of shields on the Phalangitai Makedonikoi when marching and in phalanx. Messapii description text has one misspelled word "Hell" of Italy should be Heel of Italy. Slave faction Hetairoi Hellenikoi no unit picture. Cav units have guard mode enabled. I am Playing as the Italiotae.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Congrats Luciano

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Thank you all for reporting the problems and all kind words to us!

Looks like Luciano will be very busy these days to fix all the issues I'm sorry he hasn't appeared yet - most probably he has some job obligations preventing him from posting here. I hope he will get on the matter soon so that patch won't be far away.

Will try to answer on questions to the best of my abilities.

Just one question... playing as the Messapi was it intentional to not allow them to recruit from Metapontum.
    It's probably a bug. Will be fixed in next patch.

PS: Are movement rate distances suppose to be so far.
    Yes they are but since you guys find it disturbing we will lower them.

PPS: I cant recruit any mercenaries. Once again is this part of beta or mistake?
    Mercenaries are recruited differently in this mod. Only certain factions can get access to mercenaries - the ones that historically employed them such as Poeni and Syracuse. Mercenaries appear as regular troops in unit recruitment window but have a distinctive name which makes them what they are - for example Mercenary Tyrhenny which can be empleyed in ports of all those factions that historically had them.

Woestelingh, don't have a clue why you experience those graphical problems. Anyone else experiencing this?

and maybe it's a good idea to give the religions different names, it's a bit confusing having 'paganism', 'paganism' and 'paganism'
    Religion is not implemented - beta.

and i guess it's intentional that all upkeeps are identical (150), but doesnt this mess up gameplay?
    Yes I also said that to Luciano but he was in a hurry to release the beta and thought those upkeeps are okey. it's true - it gives the campaign a less tactical feeling. it should eb fixed in next patch!

I don't have Garve's Music yet so no comment.
    You DEFINITELY have to implement garve's music since it such a big contributor to the game ambient!!!

As Umbrians the Funditores Italici, Sagittarii Italici, Sagittarii Clientes, and Equites Celares Clientes take 2 turns to train. I don't know if this is intended but to me made little sense as they are slingers, archers, and light cavalry. If it is intended sorry
    This is intended because they were really rare at that time for certain factions to use so to compensate for that historical fact Luciano made them train longer and be expensier then other units of the same type.

And the victory conditions, at least for the Umbrians are none existent I think. Just shows the old BI map with a few daggers in it.
    Will be present in a patch.

Were the unit upkeep costs balanced? Like I said I havn't played long so I can't comment in much depth but from initial glances the upkeep is very cheap for all units. I'll touch on it again as I delve more into this mod.
    I explained this already - read above in this post.

The officers for units fight with their fists.
    If I'm not wrong this is RTW vanilla bug. Anyone knows how to fix it?

Equites Umbri have a slight issue with missing a small part of the left side of their face.
    Will be fixed in next patch.

Ensiferi Etrusci hold their shields awkwardly, elbow strap isn't on you could say.
    Wrong bone attached to the shield - will be fixed in next patch.

Leonidas480BC, you need to have BI expansion pack installed in order to play this mod. If you have it installed ensure that you follow the installation guide step by step!

Polybios - custom battle problems will be fixed in next patch along with missing textures. Can anyone else confirm the textures are missing for the units polybios listed in his post?

Too much money at the beginning
    Yes, campaign map needs economic balancing so please post your opinions about what it should be done on that matter.

I get a CTD when attacking with my army from Marruvium the enemy familiy member Bautis Pontiis.
    It is proberly related to the wrong ground type or some tex problem for units - will be fixed in a patch.

I noticed some empty samnite forts round about Capua. See savegame.
    Yes, majority of factions need to be revised for how many units should be present from the game start - the same goes for the generals whose numbers lack. Please give suggestions to how many units certain factions should have and in which settlements - your suggestions will make our job easier!

Maybe you can make a senate instead of an "imperial family" with the possibility to recruit provincial gouvernors. Like in "Iberian Total War"
    Very good idea - can you maybe provide a tutorial of how to do this?

i can't paly custom battle i get an error and i will quit or i choose gallic grassland and it 's just sea and and everyone dies immediatly.... btw in the custom battle the factions are all the same units and this is bad for me
    Custom battles will be fixed in next patch. Unit rooster is all the same due to unit ownership in edu that Luciano made. I guess this won't be fixed 'cos it would demand also the recruitment on the campaign map to be completely changed. maybe anyone knows how to bypass this and make custom battles the way they should be so that factions can choose amongst only it's native units? I guess only separate edu would fix that so that when players want to play custom abttles they copy-apste the custom battle edu and when they want to play campaign they need to copy-paste the old edu back.

I have a similar problem with the Sabellian FM Uvis Stadfnis. The battle starts and once my troops have gone close enough to him, I get a CTD.
    Will be fixe in next patch.

Clipping of shields on the Phalangitai Makedonikoi when marching and in phalanx. Messapii description text has one misspelled word "Hell" of Italy should be Heel of Italy. Slave faction Hetairoi Hellenikoi no unit picture. Cav units have guard mode enabled. I am Playing as the Italiotae.
    Gald you fixed the problem and thank you for bug hunting. Will be fixed in next patch. I don't know for the guard mode of the cavalry units - maybe Luciano intended it that way. i suppose it's better for them not to have guard mode.
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

DAMN!!! I was going to bed but looks like no sleep tonight!

My dog, who usually sleeps in the computer room, keeps hasselling me .. she's tired .. looks like she's sleeping on the lounge tonight!

I'm tired too .. will probably make a mistake.

Will leave comments later .. signing off.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

I have been waiting for this mod a long time looking foward to playing this game

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by Polybios View Post
    No, I get no CTD. When I try to start a custom or quick battle, the map loads, but all units get killed immediately, because both armies are placed in water. See here: http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?i...kbattlejv9.jpg
    I know exactly what's going on here.

Custom battles don't actually contain their own land and geography. They are simply a picked spot from the overall camapign map. The Paeninsula Italica map is obviously very different from old RTW, so the Grassland tile now points to some location which is now, in the new map, in water.

You might want to wait until the patch to play custom battles, or try out other locations and see if they work out.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

I decided to test out the custom battles to see what everyone was talking about when they said it was bugged since the two I played on my own worked fine. So far I've found that all the custom battle maps besides "British Glassland", "Germanic Forest", and "Scottish Highland" cause all units to be placed in the middle of a lake/sea/ocean, insta-killing everyone. The map "Alpine Valley" gave me a CTD half-way through the loading bar.

I'll finish testing the custom maps and if I find any others that work for me, I'll post here.

EDIT: (at Sig's post) Yeah, I thought that was the cause as well. On some of the custom maps I've tried so far, land is within view, meaning the tile selected must be relatively close to a tile that would work relatively ok.
    Last edited by Benz282; August 28, 2008 at 09:04 AM.

Opifex

Does the British Grassland tile have a good flat geography?

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

No. The battle is fought on a hill gently sloping down towards the player's position (not enough to make a huge difference in the battle, but noticeable), with light trees to the player's left flank.

Germanic Forest is relatively flat, however. There are a few notable features, but no towering trees like in vanilla.

Scottish Highland is fought on a steep incline, with the enemy starting with the high ground. The entire playable map is just a side of a hill pretty much.

I'll have screens up in a little bit.

Screens:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Overview of British Grassland:

British Grass Panoramic 1:

British Grass Pan 2:

British Grass Pan 3:

Germanic Forest Overview:

Germanic Forest 2:

Last edited by Benz282; August 28, 2008 at 09:25 AM.

Opifex

Ok I'm going to recommend "Germanic Forest" as the flat map for everyone to play custom battle son.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

"African Coast" and "Moon River" work as well. I wouldn't recommend African coast though, because this is what it looks like:

"Moon River" on the other hand, is as flat as can be, with few trees in the way of the fighting:

So, for now at least, Moon River for testing units out and Scottish Highland/African Coast if you want a brutal fight.

Opifex

Ok perfect, "Moon River" it is.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    DAMN!!! I was going to bed but looks like no sleep tonight!

My dog, who usually sleeps in the computer room, keeps hasselling me .. she's tired .. looks like she's sleeping on the lounge tonight!

I'm tired too .. will probably make a mistake.

Will leave comments later .. signing off.

R

Ok, inital impressions .. EXCELLENT!!, dated RTW but PI makes worth playing.

I love the new units, played as Roman, skins are a delight to see. Although I'm not sure green spearmen was accurate? green shields, green robes etc etc ??

I finally did get a CTD when fighting off a seige, capua i think it was, I sallied out and one unit of Hastati had had a hard fight against Irish spearmen, and won, I just reformed the unit when being charged by enemy cavarly (love those greek swords .. real meat cleavers! . I clicked fire at will and 2 seconds later .. BANG! My other unit of Rorarii were being chased all over the green grass by green spearmen, and the Rorarii STILL hadn't off loaded one volley of javelins yet! .. ??

I actually fought a battle before this seige agaisnt rebels and won with no problems .. so I'm not sure what caused the CTD .. I DID change the video settlings to MAX (1280 * 960 * 32) just before the seige battle started, about 10 minutes before the CTD. BTW, some strange grass sections near the walls of Capau?? Print screen doesn't work so i cannot show you any examples (Print screen gives me black pictures)

Game design wise, I think i'd prefer 0 build time for militia, call up field - and high maintenance costs, thus one can call up a number of legions when peril threatens. But small game preference point.

Overall, GREAT .. I will be playing again tomorrow .. too sleepy now.

R

Additional - will download and listen to the music when I have time.
    Last edited by Rorarii; August 28, 2008 at 09:57 AM.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo