Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: PAENINSULA ITALICA BETA VERSION DOWNLOAD

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: PAENINSULA ITALICA BETA VERSION DOWNLOAD

Congrats We been waiting for this for soo long and even though its only a beta were all very pleased. It was either this or the other Highly anticipated Hegemony. Congrats on being first.
    ________
    Expert Insurance
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; May 11, 2011 at 01:39 AM.

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Awesome work guys.
    Under the Great and Honorable Patronage of Fabolous
    Patron (father) of Sir Matthias and ForgottenImmortal
    Grandson of Lucius Veronus
    Member of S.I.N
    Sept 2003 - 2004 - 2nd Generation Jun 23 2004 (25-Feb)

Ummm, how do I get it to work, exactly?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Lou337's Avatar Decanus

I'm having install problems too.
    Visit my blog

Seems that everyone is.

Game of the Fates
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi,

Congratulations to all the guys of this team, especially to Mylae who has made a very good work on IBFD, but where is the read me for the installation ??

i have no problem but when i wentto the menu i have an incredible lag but in the campainmap everything is ok very weird:hmmm:

Indefinitely Banned

I can confirm Polybios' report that the menu mouse lag can be cured by placing the "-nm" switch in the target line of the shortcut. Great work guys, it looks absolutely superb.

Foederatus

Ya, I get past the initial loading screen but once the screen with the quotes and the bar appears it just CTD.

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

To install:

1 - Extract the downloaded PI material somewhere onto your PC.
    2 - Copy the "PI" and "BI" folders into your RTW directory (...\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\ or ...\Program Files\CA\Rome - Total War\).
    3 - Find your RTW:BI shortcut and copy it (or go to the .exe in your RTW directory, right-click it and create a new one), then rename it to "PI".
    4 - Right-click the "PI" shortcut, select "Properties", and in the Target line, add "-show_err -mod:_PI -nm" without the quotes and without the underscore between mod: and PI..

Your Target line should now read: "...\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:_PI -nm" or something like that (again, take out the underscore between "mod:" and "PI". I have to use the underscore on here because otherwise it would show up like this: "modI"

If you downloaded the Music Pack, extract the folder onto your PC, then copy the new PI folder into the R:TW directory. You should get a message asking if you want to overwrite the files. Click "Yes to All". After that, the new music will be enabled.

If you didn't download the Music Pack, go do it.

--

Really looks great. I've played a few years into the Etruscan campaign, and I must say, I'm enjoying it very much. The skins are done wonderfully, but alas, here are a few more "errors" I have noticed (I'm trying to point as many of these out as possible since this is a Beta release and I want to help iron everything out for the final ):

- Etruscan General's Chariots don't have javelins/any type of missile, despite what their description and unit cards say. The ammo meter does show up, but whenever I try attacking with them, all that appears is the sword icon (even when I try using the alt. attack button).
    - The gameplay seems to be somewhat limited in the fact that cities are generally the same, and there aren't enough buildings availible to boost your revenues.
    - Umbrians try taking my lands .

And here are a few good things:

- Battles between Heavy Infantry don't last 20 seconds with each side losing tons of men. The battles are somewhat drawn out, with only a few men dying in melee at a time.
    - Great Skins .
    - Good balancing (as far as I've seen so far).
    - Very nice atmospheric effects (the music adds A LOT to the gameplay).
    - Did I mention good music?
    - Large map of Italy and lots of settlements. Taking it all looks like a nigh impossible task. And who cares that Corsica is a bit lop-sided?

Eutopoi's Avatar Libertus

Grandi ragazzi! ^^

Lift your fist without trembling/ Learn to read the things around you/ Break then into pieces all that at its basis...

Nice try, but did not work. Just took me to generic vanilla RTW menu, and that's it...

Game of the Fates

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Hi guys! Looks like Luciano went to bed so I will try to help you guys out for tonight. Thank you all for good words, it really means a lot to us!

Have in mind that this is beta version which doesn't have all the features implemented. For starters voice mod is missing, units have only very short descriptions, faction descriptions need to be updated, no unique buildings are present and generally buildings are very randomized and lack proper descriptions, we lack splash screens, there is no unique ancillary system also. Hopefully we will include also naval project - all this is going to happen in the feature if there is going to be enough interest from the public in the mod.

Everybody is welcome to contribute to the mod - since it's not many of us who work/ed on it every extra hand is more then useful and will be welcomed warmly. If you have ideas and knowledge you can also simply give us tutorials how to make something that you would like to see in the mod. We would like to make this mod equal in quality to other major releases so please advice what needs to be changed or added. We will try to do our best to realize it if we will see it as proper and reasonable.

Now to actual questions and issues. Have in mind that I'm not much good of a modder so Luciano will probably help you easier then me.

Is this mod-foldered? or does it require a separate installation of BI?
    This version is modfoldered" and it will be installed without affecting the original game or other mods (only the original RTW menu video will be toggled off).

After copying the moviefile into the BI-Folder, the menu starts to lag. Disable the movies in the shortcut solved that problem.
    Yes that is true. I also experience this. So how did you manage to fix this Polibyos? Please be more specific - in what shortcut?

I miss a Diplomat at the beginn of the campaign.
    Dunno, maybe Luciano envisioned the mod not to have diplomats from the start? We can add them if more will miss them in next patch.

There's no advisor coming to enable the four turn a year script!
    Yes you have to enable it manually. Just press Esc when at the beginning of each campaign (also when you load the game from the save) and then click on the questionmark that is available in the menu. The advisor will appear and then click on "show me how" button to activate a script.
    Can anyone give us a tutorial how to make the advisor appear automaticly?

Custom Battles don't work.
    Are you sure - you get a CTD when you try to play one? Or you mean that you can't choose faction specific units from the unit roosters? You see, Luciano made the campaign recruitment that enables many local units to be recruited by all factions so this makes custom battles kind'a unplayable since you can't really choose faction specific units for the battle. Instead you get all host of different units...

Syracuse own a city about halfway up the peninsula (Ancona, I believe). It just doesn't seem to me like that was intended, lol.
    Yes that was exactly my impression when I first saw it there but it's not a bug - Syracuse had a colony there at that time!

Attempting to view Rome through the "View Settlement" function causes a CTD. Errorcode says that Roman_Peasant_Male is not listed in EDU or something.
    Luciano will fix this for the next patch. Also note that custom made roman settlement was not included and most probably won't be due to CTD's that is causing.

At faction selection, the Veneti symbol moves slightly when you place your mouse over it. If you click on it, the symbol will appear to move left and right as the yellow indicator fades in and out around the symbol. Same thing with the Poeni and Senones symbols.
    Looks like another task for Luciano to fix for next patch. Thank you for reporting it.

Ummm, how do I get it to work, exactly?
    I thought Luciano provided instructions in the download pack!? If he hasn't then he should - sorry if that happened! Edit: Yeah, I saw now that he was kind of Spartanic with installation instruction there - should be more detailed!

You need a CLEAN version of RTW BI for starters.

First extract zipped PI_RTW_BI_v071 file.
    Inside you will find PI RTW_BI v071 folder. Open it and here you see BI and PI folders together with Paeninsula Italica.lnk file and "read me before set-up.rtf" file. Copy BI, PI and Paeninsula Italica.lnk into the MAIN RTW folder. NOT IN RTW/BI!!!
    When promped to overwrite click on yes.

After that extract Garves_PI_Music_Pack.
    Inside you see PI folder and "Set Up Garve's Music Pack.txt" readme file.
    Copy only PI folder in MAIN RTW FOLDER and overwrite.

In order to avoid main menu lag I hereby quote Benz282's instructions:

Right-click the "PI" shortcut, select "Properties", and in the Target line, add "-show_err -mod:_PI -nm" without the quotes and without the underscore between mod: and PI..

Your Target line should now read: "...\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:_PI -nm" or something like that (again, take out the underscore between "mod:" and "PI". I have to use the underscore on here because otherwise it would show up like this: "modI"

In the "start in:" line just copy-paste what you have written in the "Target line" but without this last part of the text:
    RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:_PI -nm" ---> so that you have something like this:
    "...\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War

Start the game from PI shortcut.

If you have done everything corectly all you can do from now on is to enjoy the game.

i have no problem but when i wentto the menu i have an incredible lag but in the campainmap everything is ok very weird
    Giovi, this has been reported before. It is related with the fmv file that replaces the vanilla on in BI folder. For now fix it by placing the "-nm" switch in the target line of the shortcut.
    The ones that are not secure how to do this wait for the next patch to come out and try to be aptient when in main menu - the lag dissapears when in the campaign.

Ya, I get past the initial loading screen but once the screen with the quotes and the bar appears it just CTD.
    Nullified, have you got a clean install of the RTW BI? Have you read the installation instructions?

Etruscan General's Chariots don't have javelins/any type of missile, despite what their description and unit cards say. The ammo meter does show up, but whenever I try attacking with them, all that appears is the sword icon (even when I try using the alt. attack button).
    Benz282, thank you very much for helping with installation instructions! Much apriciated! +REP
    Looks like your problem with chariots is related to unproper animation given to them or wrong parameters in EDU. Will be fixed in the patch. Until then if you want you can fix it by yourself since I can see that you are familiar with the game. Please report what was wrong with them and how you fix it for others to be able to fix it to until the patch comes. Thank you.

The gameplay seems to be somewhat limited in the fact that cities are generally the same, and there aren't enough buildings availible to boost your revenues.
    Yes that is one of the main campaign drawbacks for now - it should be made more faction specific and with more unique buildings along with mylae's new building icons. For now this is also a reason why this version is called beta
    We would need someone to help us with making more refined building trees! Anyone interested?

Ah yes, Corsica and Sardinia need to have more regions added - for now they only have one each.

Nice try, but did not work. Just took me to generic vanilla RTW menu, and that's it...
    Mr. cursed - I don't know what might be wrong, try to read installation instructions more carefully! I'm sure you are not doing it right since everybody else made it working...
    Last edited by Hister; August 27, 2008 at 09:00 PM.
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Again for all those having troubles with installation:

First extract zipped PI_RTW_BI_v071 file.
    Inside you will find PI RTW_BI v071 folder. Open it and here you see BI and PI folders together with Paeninsula Italica.lnk file and "read me before set-up.rtf" file. Copy BI, PI and Paeninsula Italica.lnk into the MAIN RTW folder. NOT IN RTW/BI!!!
    When promped to overwrite click on yes.

After that extract Garves_PI_Music_Pack.
    Inside you see PI folder and "Set Up Garve's Music Pack.txt" readme file.
    Copy only PI folder in MAIN RTW FOLDER and overwrite.

In order to avoid main menu lag I hereby quote Benz282's instructions:

Right-click the "PI" shortcut, select "Properties", and in the Target line, add "-show_err -mod:_PI -nm" without the quotes and without the underscore between mod: and PI..

In the "start in:" line just copy-paste what you have written in the "Target line" but without this last part of the text:
    RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:_PI -nm" ---> so that you have something like this:
    "...\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War

Start the game from PI shortcut.
    Last edited by Hister; August 27, 2008 at 09:00 PM.
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Just one question... playing as the Messapi was it intentional to not allow them to recruit from Metapontum. I just conquered that city and Tarentum but noticed I am unable to recruit local units from both cities. From the former city I cannot recruit any units except spies and Diplomats. I upgraded my mansion and still no change. Is this because of beta version or did I make a mistake installing. If Beta is reason then is that because the files were not added for this faction but other factions would be able to recruit local units from other cities?

PS: Are movement rate distances suppose to be so far.
    PPS: I cant recruit any mercenaries. Once again is this part of beta or mistake?
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; August 28, 2008 at 02:10 AM.

yay, finally it's out!

i have a problem though, somehow the dimensions of time and space are totally ed up
    only a city or unit thats in the middle of the screen has its name centered, the farther from the center the farther the name tag is from the actual city! when looking into sabine territory for example, the name of Roma drifts away until it finally is like 4-5 centimeters to the left!
    if you want to select a city or unit then, you have to click in the middle between the name tag and the actual city/unit.

and maybe it's a good idea to give the religions different names, it's a bit confusing having 'paganism', 'paganism' and 'paganism'
    or maybe religion isn't even really necessary? big culture penalties seem to me important though, a lot of these tribes would try to revolt as often as possible against those romans!

and i guess it's intentional that all upkeeps are identical (150), but doesnt this mess up gameplay? now you pay f.ex. 100 sestertii more for a better unit, that's a small one-time cost and after that they cost the same! then it's pointless to buy weaker units, because it wont affect yhour finances really...
    and why do slingers/bowmen take 2 turns to recruit, while hastatii and principes only one?

i have to go to school now so i can't play more, but keep up the good work!

Foederatus

Ok all CTD issues were solved by doing the little text edit to the shortcut file, and copying the shortcut to the Rome TW folder. Thank you.

A few things from playing very shortly as the Umbrians:

-I don't have Garve's Music yet so no comment.
    -I'm going to only write a few negative things though before I mention anything I love the beautiful and unique units! Love them!

- The walking distance is quite far for the width of Italy, I don't know if you can edit them but I would probably half them.
    -As Umbrians the Funditores Italici, Sagittarii Italici, Sagittarii Clientes, and Equites Celares Clientes take 2 turns to train. I don't know if this is intended but to me made little sense as they are slingers, archers, and light cavalry. If it is intended sorry.
    -You already know about the advisor thing (PS Europa Barbarorum did it where as soon as you click on a city the advisor pops up, you could ask them)
    -The map is beautiful, though the mini map is slightly hard to make out, <-- very nitpicky issue.
    -And the victory conditions, at least for the Umbrians are none existent I think. Just shows the old BI map with a few daggers in it.
    -Were the unit upkeep costs balanced? Like I said I havn't played long so I can't comment in much depth but from initial glances the upkeep is very cheap for all units. I'll touch on it again as I delve more into this mod.
    -The officers for units fight with their fists.
    -Equites Umbri have a slight issue with missing a small part of the left side of their face. (Missing polygon I think, I dunno not a modeller.)
    -Ensiferi Etrusci hold their shields awkwardly, elbow strap isn't on you could say.

As you can see very minor issues so far, hardly issues at all. Well besides the fact that the cities are all the same but I read that is going to be added later so no problem. Great, wonderful mod, I'm blown away by the beta, please continue to add to this mod. Thanks again for the great work. (If I mentioned all the good this would be a massive wall of text)

Nullified

-I'll make more judgements the longer and the more factions I play.
    Last edited by Nullified; August 28, 2008 at 04:12 AM.

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

I did not get the option to overwrite my files when i installed the 2 folders in my RTW directory C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War it created the folders in the same diretory as the exe is i used the _NM switch but when i go to the main menu of the game it says choose an item from the list. Cant get to the factios menu so i cant play. i see the PI loading screens even hear the new music but when i go to select new game then campaign i get the choose an item from the list. very frustrating. Can anyone help
    Last edited by Leonidas480bc; August 28, 2008 at 04:21 AM.

Leonidas what u should of had was two folders that were downloaded. The first one titled BI and PI. Once u drop the folders into the Rome folder It will and should overwrite the original BI folder. PI wont overwrite anything.
    ________
    Uhwh Warehouse
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; May 11, 2011 at 01:40 AM.

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

I had 4 items in the foulder BI PI read me and Paeninsula Italica short cut i can get to the single player then campaign but cant get to faction select