Thread: A Georgian Tale - AAR

Default A Georgian Tale - AAR

ok this is my first post and first AAR
    the aar is about my campaign as georgia.
    i had(have so much fun with this campaign. there were moment that i felt weak and vulnerable compared to other countries but still managed to pull it off, with war or diplomacy.
    so i though what the hell lets write one so here goes
    (this has nothing to do with the russian georgia war thingy, just another campaign berfore u guys start)

A Georgian Tale

chapter 1 building a kingdom

The year 1174, kings room

messenger: My lord, our forces have been prepared. We have assembled two armies of each 4500 men.
    mephet mephe Giorgi: good, david you will lead the army near telavi and go east
    first general David: I will bring down those rebels my lord
    mephet mephe giorgi: lackey, bring me my son i need to talk to him
    lakey: he has already been called my lord, he is late my lord, shall I go look for him my lord
    mephet mephe Giorgi: *stares at the lakey*
    lakey: *stares at the king*
    mephet mephe Giorgi: YES GO LOOK FOR HIM!!!
    Demetre: father i'm already here, what do you have to tell me
    mephet mephe giorgi: Son, you are now 16, you are strong and trained well. Its time for you to serve the kingdom.The army stationed just south of here will be at your command. You will conquer the regions south of the kingdom to start with Yerevan
    Demetre: but father....
    mephet mephe giorgi: You will go!!
    first general David: Dont be so harsh on the boy giorgi, it will be his first time on the front. I still remember a young king cried on the battle field after taking his first blood.
    mephet mephe giorgi: David! any other man would hang if he said those words, you are lucky i know you for so many years.
    first general David: *a big smile covered his face*
    first general David: demetre, you will do well, just remember all that i trained you and should you feel fear remember there are 50 loyal guard with you ready to give their life for yours. so follow your fathers orders and take your army
    Demetre: *sigh* ok i will *sigh* *sigh*
    first general David: After you took down your rebels we will meet near majar and take it down together
    Demetre: *sigh*

the two armies marching to war

the 2 armies set out to the east and south
    Demetre would fight his first battle at Yerevan. He won the battle with little resistance.
    With this win He found the courage to go on with his quest.
    Soon the town Dvin and the city Ani were also taken and demetre would march to sokhumi.
    In the east the rebels in the towns ganja and shamakha where defeated and david is sieging the castle baku

the year 1181, the siege of baku

soldier1: General, the rebels are with more than we predicted what should we do
    first general David: hmm what should we do
    first general David: *smiles*
    first general David: prepare rams and ladders we attack now
    soldier1: but...but..but sir they ournumber us
    first genaral David: GET MY HORSE!!!
    soldier1: BUT SIR
    soldier2: you can't stop him anymore, when there is a chance to fight he will fight, its hopeless

a few hours later

soldier1: *aagh* *aagh* he took my leg, *aagh* the basterd ran off with my leg
    soldier2: ................................

soldier3: sir we took the castle. There are still a few rebels fighting but
    nothing to worry about.
    first genaral David: good we've got these pagans running.
    first genaral David: * takes out a paper with on it the rebels towns* *checks baku*
    first genaral David: one more till we match too majar

After another bloody battle at derbent the rebels in east were defeated and the march to majar began.
    Meanwhile demetre had conquered sokhumi and had just took the castle of Van. From here he too went too majar

the year 1184, Meeting old friends

first genaral David: prepare the rams and ladders we attack now
    Demetre: David!!....... Beginning without me?
    first genaral David: You are late demetre , i wanted to wait but my soldiers just kept begging and begging for more blood
    soldier2: ughum,
    Demetre: But its good to see you again friend . Did those pagans screamed like girls when they saw you comming.
    first genaral David: Those pagans fell like flies.
    soldier 2 : ughum
    first genaral David: I took the settlement with no trouble at all.
    soldier 2 : ughum
    first genaral David: They were all great victories.
    soldier 2: sir!,....... we lost all of our officers, threre are only 1000 men left and 500 of them are wounded. Remember “soldier1”
    first genaral David: acceptable losses..........and “soldier1” has just a flesh wound
    soldier 2: SIR!!!........
    first genaral David: prepare the rams and ladders we attack now
    first genaral David: Demetre how many men have u left
    Demetre: my army is still 3800 strong but i have 700 wounded
    first genaral David: .................
    first genaral David: you really were fighting girls
    first genaral David: CHARGE

a moment of peace

the battle of majar was quickly over. With the last rebel settlement captured and with the kypchak at our borders the georgian king orderd to improve the defences and to build up the cities.
    In this quiet period the georgia region saw a modest growth in wealth and a buildup in forces

so this was chapter 1
    for next episode

chapter 2: quarrel with the kypchaks
    oh noes the kypchaks attack

hope u guys like it

(edit: sor the text got messed up after posting >_<. its kinda hard to read now so srry tried to fix it with red)
    Last edited by pedrakhan; August 26, 2008 at 12:40 PM.

Default Re: A Georgian Tale - AAR

hehe 'just a flesh wound'

Keep it up!!

Welcome to the BC forums, by the way!

Icon1 Re: A Georgian Tale - AAR

Good start, I sense a little flavour from Lakonian's Kievan Rus': Try hard... but that's not a problem, and I hope this story will continue.

good luck btw the start is good

good to hear u guys like it
    chapter 2 is almost rdy...just a few little adjustments

chapter 2 quarrel with the kypchaks

the kingdom flourished, kutaisi became the economical capital of the kingdom and the castles of tiblisi and van saw their garrson grow large
    Under the command of first general David the army was transformed
    Every full army would now consist off: 4 spearman, 2 swordman, 3 archers, 2 lancers, and 8 horse archers
    Even David had little losses against the last rebels with this setup

the year 1189, kings room

mephet mephe Giorgi: Everything is going as planned, our settlement are growing and our economy is booming, isn’t it great David
    first genaral David: Its boooooring
    Demetre:: If u want some fun go beat up a slave
    first genaral David: Huh, since when did u beco....
    lakey: Sir we have terrible news, our diplomat came back from the west covered in blood. The poor guy would only speak in riddles when we asked something and he always replied with:
    the blue sky has gathered under one head , the sons will march towards the morning sun they will not rest till they see the blood of the cross
    mephet mephe Giorgi: And these words mean....
    Demetre: Madness can say beautiful words
    mephet mephe Giorgi: ?
    Demetre The kypchaks are comming
    first genaral David: Finally good news
    mephet mephe Giorgi: Double the guards and prepare the armys we will match towards them
    messenger : Lord i have bad news from the front
    first genaral David: Already?
    Messenger Majar and sokhumi are taken and derbent is under siege
    Demetre and BLOOD will flow
    mephet mephe Giorgi: Demetre!! Thats not you who is talking
    mephet mephe Giorgi: Demetre i want you to go north and david you will march
    too derbent.We will punish those pagans for their sins
    Demetre Their BLOOD wil be mine
    first genaral David: Thats what i like to hear
    mephet mephe Giorgi: *stares at Demetre*

The kypchak invasion came fast. None of the settlement were prepared for this, not even the castle sokhumi
    While david fought his way to derbent, Demetere marched to majar

The year 1190, kypchak stronghold Sarkel

servant 1: great khan i finally bring you news from the front. Our plan has worked, we have captured majar and sokhumi and are besieging derbent
    Great khan batudai: ofcourse it worked ..i’m the great khan, the one who united these lands under one flag
    And i will be the one that puts those christians on a holy cross *evil laugh*
    sevant2: Derbent has fallen great khan
    Great khan batudai: i’m so great

the year 1191, majar

messenger: Young lord, your father has died. Your morhter request go to go
    the the capital and to be crowned teh new mephet
    demetre: Tjirp tjirp
    demetre: Ughum, poor father, tell my mother that i will come after i have
    taken majar
    messenger : Are ualright lord
    demetre: Go tell my morher!!

The year 1192, kings room

Mother: and hereby you will be granted the title of mepet mephe, to serve the kingdom and its people. What are your first orders.......my king
    Mephet mephe Demetre : tjirp tjirp
    Mephet mephe Demetre : BLOOD WILL FLOW
    Mother: Demetre? What wrong?
    Crowd: whats wrong with the king, is he ok, is he sick, will he be able to rule the kingdom
    Mother: bring the king to his room, it looks like he needs to rest, this event must have stressed him alot

With the old king gone and the new king needed at the caslte and with only david at the front, the war didn’t go so well. Withing 2 years majar had again fallen again under kypchak control. The only good news was that the western front was quiet and David, he fought nummerous battle agains the kypchaks, losing about 1/3 of his men but replenishing them with mercenary’s , those would often would not last long with david
    Derbent was recaptured again in the year 1193 and he would march towards majar

The year 1195 battle near derbent

Soldier 2: sir we have been ambushed
    first genaral David: good
    Soldier 2: good? Sir sometimes i get really tired of you. How will we deploy
    our forces sir
    first genaral David: but the spearmen together, behind the spearmen come the swordmen, then the archers and we will stand behind those, at the left 3 horsearcher regiments and to the right 4 horse arher regiments.
    Soldier 2: and where do the mercenaries go?
    first genaral David: but them in front of the spearmen . they will protect our men *smile*

And so the battle started.
    The kypchaks charged towards the center with their lanchers, not afraid for the arrows that
    flew from the skyAt the last moment the mercenaries charged the incomming lancers.
    The mercenaries suffered many losses but the incommig attack was stopped. The next wave then came in where some swordman and and spearmen. Already lost quite alot of men due the arrows they were easy prey for the georgian sword and spearmen.
    Taken by the action in the center of the battle field horsearchers and kypchak nobels charged the georgian horsearcher regiments at the right side.
    David rushed to help them but many horsearchers where already slain. With spearmen also rushing to the fight.
    the kypchaks got scared and fled
    The battle was won. Thoough again david lost many men. Another typical victory for David

BATTLE FORMATION!!!

the mercenaries attacking the incomming lancers

The year 1197, kings room

Messenger : Lord we have more news from the front.
    David has captured majar but derbent has fallen again and the region baku sworn their allegiance to the kypchaks for money
    Mephet mephe Demetre the mad : tjirp
    Mephet mephe Demetre the mad: PREPARE MY DONKEY, WE WILL RIDE TONIGHT. BLOOD WILL FLOW
    Mephet mephe Demetre the mad: *jumps from 1one table to the next table with wings tied to his arms*
    Mephet mephe Demetre the mad: fly....... birdy fly
    Mother : Demetre *sigh*. Tell David to go to Baku and take the
    settlement with force. People for betray the king must die
    Mesenger : There is also good news. It seem that every army they sent is weaker then the previous army. Our spies brin news that their treasury is running low. If we can keep up this pace we might win the war.

And so david marched again to derbent and towards baku.
    Derbent was captured and Baku also was not able to withstand a full army and fell quick. the regent of baku was executed so they would not befal on the sin of greed again.

The year 1198, kypchak stronghold Sarkel

servant 1: great khan i bring good news from the front.
    We have capured Majar, Derbent and we have bribed the
    settlement of baku
    Great khan batudai: *evil laugh* those christians don’t stand a chance
    servant 2 : great khan i brin terrible news
    the city’s of Majar, Derbent and baku are captured.
    Great khan butudai: aaagh those bloody christians
    servant 2 : threre is more, we have also spotted an army heading to Sokhumi
    Great khan butudai : aaagh sent more army’s to those city’s and try to bribe baku again
    Treasurer: great khan: i most inform you that our treasury is running low
    Bribing baku is not a good idea, we need the money to feed our
    soldiers
    Great khan butudai: there will be food in the captured settlements. This GREAT plan
    cannot fail

News game to david that enemy forces where marching to majar so he went to majar again.
    The year of 1198 saw the second son ( kakhabar,) of the old king come to age. His mother gave him an army and told him to go west and take sokhumi.
    He was victorious in the year 1199
    In the year 1200 baku again was bribed
    David tired off this city only sent a few men to take the settlement and orderd them to slay everyone, that they would remember and would not try something foolish ever again

The year 1201, kings room

Mephet mephe Demetre the mad : *cry* I’m caged, they wont let me fly again *cry*
    Mother: sssst.......messenger what do u have to say.
    Messenger: We see less and less kypchaks on our land its seems that their aggression has stopped. David has the north/east regions under control and threre have been no attack there for a year.
    Mother: yes david did well. We should reward him
    Mephet mephe Demetre the mad : GIVE HIM MY SISTER
    Mother: Demetre!!!
    Mephet mephe Demetre the mad : PREPARE MY DONKEY SO MY SISTER CAN RIDE TO HER NEW HUSBAND
    lakey: ........................yes my king
    Mephet mephe Demetre the mad : tjirp tjirp

And so the sister married david and david was taken into the family
    With the kypchaks weakend it was the georgians their turn
    Kakhabar would march further west to take Tmurtarakan Magas and Azag
    David happely married, also went west to take the fortress Sarkel
    The kypchaks would fight one last time near the city of Magas. Kakhabar and David joined forces for were still outnumberd

The year 1204, in the region of Magas

Great khan butudai: Christian, for every man u have i have two men standing here, give me my land back and go home. Or you will not leave this battlefield
    Kakhabar : can you hear what he says?
    first genaral David: somthing about making this land out home......i think
    Kakhabar : i think he want to go home
    Servant 1 : great khan i think they can’t hear you
    Great khan butudai: CHRISTIAN, I HAVE TWO MAN STANDING HERE FOR EVERY MAN YOU CAN SEND, YOU CAN”T DEFEND AGAINST MY GREATNESS, LEAVE MY LAN......ah nevermind just sent in the peasants
    Servant 1: but great khan their forces consist of heavy sword and spearman
    Great khan butudai: the peasants will win for me, cause i have a GREAT plan
    We will use half the peasants to get their attention and the other half will sneak around and attack them in the back
    Servant 1: great khan i think this is not good idea

Peasant 1: In what team are you
    Peasant 2: i’m in team 2 , we need to charge the center
    Peasant1: ah poor guy, hope you take down many men when u die *laughs*
    Peasant 2: i heared they also have some heavy calvary at their flanks
    Peasant 1 : ow *sad face*

Great khan butudai: CHARGE my loyal men and let my GREATNESS give you courage

Kakhabar : I think they are comming
    first genaral David: Are those pitchforks? Ha send out the heavy cavalry
    Peasant 1 : oh no what “peassant 2” said what true, RETREAT
    Peaant 2 : *fighting at the center* whaat ......they say team two has failed...then what are we doing here.
    Great khan butudai: no ....noooo.....Go back to front ....fight with me
    If you peasants wont fight i will go. With my GREATNESS i will
    win this battle

And so the Khan attacked the georgian army on his own
    Not suprisingly his greatness did not win the battle for him, the great khan butudai died on the battlefield and kakhabar and david had won a heroic victory.
    From here on kakhabar would take a ship to the caff region to conquer the kypchaks there and David went back to majar and marched north from there to conquer Samander and Saqsin.

The year 1205, kings room

lakey: Mylady, we have terrible news.
    mother: Is it the war?
    lakey: No mylady, its the king.
    mother: what happend to demetre!!
    lakey: We went to the big tower with the king, when we finally
    reached te top the king noticed an open window and
    jumped out
    mother: Demetre.....poor Demetre
    lakey: his last word were: i’m finally free. Fly .........birdy
    fly......tjirp tjirp

Mephet mephe Demetre the mad died a “natural dead” just one year before the war had ended
    In 1206 the kypchaks came begging for peace. With only a few regions left far in the west they wouldn’t be a treath anymore so king Kakhabar accepted the agreement.
    Now with the war gone and with many more settlements in the regions to trade, georgia would flourish again.

end of chapter 2

hope its wasn't too confusing for those who tried to follow when which settlement was taken . stupid pingpong war...maybe i should let more then 1 unit stay in the city next time ah well what matters is i won the war

For next episode

Chapter 3. golden times with troubels at the horizon
    We feel so vulnerable
    Last edited by pedrakhan; August 28, 2008 at 08:23 AM.