Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: [Bug Helpdesk] Chivalry II : SV 3.x Bugreports (read 1st post)

Obilic's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Chivalry II : The Sicilian Vespers 3.x - Bugreports

Seems like I encountered another bug. I am playing with Serbia in the Dark Age. Every time I try and use my spy on other characters/armies or cities the game crashes. It says it encountered an unspecific problem. Nothing else. I tried it several times in the time span of about 50 years and always get the same result. Other than that the game never crashes...

I'll try to duplicate it, thanks.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

2 bugs I have found so far:
    1. In the early era Florence has the look of a northern European city.
    2. The Irish general Morcar invaded England in the early campaign. When I destroyed him and his army my reputation took a huge hit and now I am regarded as a 'dubious' king. I think the entire reputation system is flawed in this mod because when I skimmed through the diplomacy menu almost everyone at war had bad reputations.

hi i'm playing as genoa renaissance campaign vh h. i'm having trade problems since the ports are not producing any income. the precedent sv mods it never occured. i used a clean installation thanks for the help

the other factions' docks don't seem to be working either.. also, the potential trade routs are not even present on the map, for me nor the other factions. re-installing doesn't make it work either.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; September 13, 2008 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andre r1 View Post
    hi i'm playing as genoa renaissance campaign vh h. i'm having trade problems since the ports are not producing any income. the precedent sv mods it never occured. i used a clean installation thanks for the help

the other factions' docks don't seem to be working either.. also, the potential trade routs are not even present on the map, for me nor the other factions. re-installing doesn't make it work either.
    Are you sure you have the trade fleet producing building in the settlement?

I will have to look at the DS, as Genoa should start out with trade fleets.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorDude View Post
    2 bugs I have found so far:
    1. In the early era Florence has the look of a northern European city.
    2. The Irish general Morcar invaded England in the early campaign. When I destroyed him and his army my reputation took a huge hit and now I am regarded as a 'dubious' king. I think the entire reputation system is flawed in this mod because when I skimmed through the diplomacy menu almost everyone at war had bad reputations.
    Noted, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Obilic View Post
    Seems like I encountered another bug. I am playing with Serbia in the Dark Age. Every time I try and use my spy on other characters/armies or cities the game crashes. It says it encountered an unspecific problem. Nothing else. I tried it several times in the time span of about 50 years and always get the same result. Other than that the game never crashes...
    I have not been able to duplicate this problem:

There may be a problem with your sound files, are you using a non-english M2?

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    Are you sure you have the trade fleet producing building in the settlement?

I will have to look at the DS, as Genoa should start out with trade fleets.
    i have the port working, but no trade fleets are present on the map. i tried with another faction (latin empire renaissance, genoa late period) but the problem is the same. no commerce=no money=no fun. should i try downloading from a different source?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Did you construct the Safe Sea on ports first tier? The first built port village only gives a sea lane if the Safe Sea is constructed (as far as i can recall at least, as i did it pretty much in the same wise as in Chiv I TW in this regard). This is a basic requirement, and then the Market Right have an impact. However, maybe we have coded something unintended for certain factions.

Btw., another dl-source won't help, maybe the Renaissance codes have indeed a flaw in this regard, but i can't imagine now what it could be, if the basic edb codes are not changed in this area and for this era by an accident in the short-pre-release version, what only SV could knows, but i don't think so. A port would normally only not trade at all, if the region lacks any trade resources or the trade-land-routes have no contact between the settlements and the port.

Also a screenshot would be nice.

And please try other eras and check out if there is the same issue.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 13, 2008 at 12:27 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I have a few things to report.

Missina, Wahran, & Barcelona need to be moved away from the water. The units that are trying to leave those cities end up over the water and there is a cluster of 10+ armies stuck over the water next to each city. I think that may have caused my CTD.

Playing Genoa, I took over Edinburough & Riga to name a few, and cannot build my regular units. only levies and archers.

The pirate navies are still out of control

Any estimate on the release of a patch?

Great game btw, just a bit buggy.

Laetus

Default Cannot get past faction selection screen.

I cannot get past the faction-selection screen. I hope someone can help me. Here's what I've done:

Mistakenly believing that v 2.5 was the latest, I installed that first. Then I realized 3.0 was out, so I ran the 2.5 uninstaller. Then I ran the 3.0 installer. I'm fairly sure my M2TW install is fully patched.

I have tried starting several of the eras (Late/Grand, High, and Early) following the correct procedure. However, upon making a faction selection and clicking the button to start the campaign, the game locks up (100% CPU usage as per Win2K Task Manager, no HDD activity) indefinitely: the faction selection screen remains displayed.

Has anyone run into this before? Can anyone suggest something I might check? I am quite eager to run this mod!

Many Thanks,

+GræcusFidelis+
    "The Trustworthy Greek"

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

There is enough bug reports here to sink a ship, is there a ETA for the patch?

Default Re: Cannot get past faction selection screen.

Quote Originally Posted by +GræcusFidelis+ View Post
    I cannot get past the faction-selection screen. I hope someone can help me. Here's what I've done:

Mistakenly believing that v 2.5 was the latest, I installed that first. Then I realized 3.0 was out, so I ran the 2.5 uninstaller. Then I ran the 3.0 installer. I'm fairly sure my M2TW install is fully patched.

I have tried starting several of the eras (Late/Grand, High, and Early) following the correct procedure. However, upon making a faction selection and clicking the button to start the campaign, the game locks up (100% CPU usage as per Win2K Task Manager, no HDD activity) indefinitely: the faction selection screen remains displayed.

Has anyone run into this before? Can anyone suggest something I might check? I am quite eager to run this mod!

Many Thanks,

+GræcusFidelis+
    "The Trustworthy Greek"
    This is normal. The first time you start a campaign, the game will have to build the map. This applies to all eras, and it could take a several minutes to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Dork View Post
    I have a few things to report.

Missina, Wahran, & Barcelona need to be moved away from the water. The units that are trying to leave those cities end up over the water and there is a cluster of 10+ armies stuck over the water next to each city. I think that may have caused my CTD.
    I haven't seen this behaviour yet, will keep an eye out for it.

Playing Genoa, I took over Edinburough & Riga to name a few, and cannot build my regular units. only levies and archers.
    This is not a bug, it is part of the campaign balancing. If you want your 1st rate troops, you will have to ship reinforcements in from your homelands.

Quote Originally Posted by JakethX View Post
    There is enough bug reports here to sink a ship, is there a ETA for the patch?
    Not really that much, when you consider it is 5 mods in one. I am shooting for sometime this week.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; September 13, 2008 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post

I haven't seen this behaviour yet, will keep an eye out for it.

About 20-40 turns into the game, do a toggle_fow and check it out. Seems to happen by each city that is partially hanging over the water.

About 20-40 turns into the game, do a toggle_fow and check it out. Seems to happen by each city that is partially hanging over the water.
    I usually play with fow off, so I can see keep an eye on the AI faction expansion, and I have never seen this.

What faction and era were you playing, I will run a test campaign.

The funny thing is that these settlements haven't changed since SV 1.0....it's very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Did you construct the Safe Sea on ports first tier? The first built port village only gives a sea lane if the Safe Sea is constructed (as far as i can recall at least, as i did it pretty much in the same wise as in Chiv I TW in this regard). This is a basic requirement, and then the Market Right have an impact. However, maybe we have coded something unintended for certain factions.

Btw., another dl-source won't help, maybe the Renaissance codes have indeed a flaw in this regard, but i can't imagine now what it could be, if the basic edb codes are not changed in this area and for this era by an accident in the short-pre-release version, what only SV could knows, but i don't think so. A port would normally only not trade at all, if the region lacks any trade resources or the trade-land-routes have no contact between the settlements and the port.

Also a screenshot would be nice.
    And please try other eras and check out if there is the same issue.
    ok i built the trading post and a couple of sea routes have appeared. unfortunately, the other factions have not built it, so the only sea routes are mine, so income is still bad. i still have to test the the safe sea thing, but i'll let you know. also, as the latin empire reinassance, i had major military and economical issues: income is -1200 form the start and expansion almost impossible without getting -25000 florins. building economic structures results impossible, since you have to keep at least a couple units inside cities, and you haven't got merchants nor emissaries to try establish sea routes. oh, and without the trading post in castles you can't produce economy revenues? the port alone doesn't generate almost anything

Quote Originally Posted by andre r1 View Post
    ok i built the trading post and a couple of sea routes have appeared. unfortunately, the other factions have not built it, so the only sea routes are mine, so income is still bad. i still have to test the the safe sea thing, but i'll let you know. also, as the latin empire reinassance, i had major military and economical issues: income is -1200 form the start and expansion almost impossible without getting -25000 florins. building economic structures results impossible, since you have to keep at least a couple units inside cities, and you haven't got merchants nor emissaries to try establish sea routes. oh, and without the trading post in castles you can't produce economy revenues? the port alone doesn't generate almost anything
    The Situation for the Latin Empire was dire by the renaissance. You have to remember that this mod seeks to be true to history, but I will have another look to see what we can do.

No, that isn't a banana

England can't build a Citadel because the required hidden_resource "main" is only located in London, which is a city...

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by OTZ View Post
    England can't build a Citadel because the required hidden_resource "main" is only located in London, which is a city...
    Then it needs to be added for certain campaigns at least to Nottingham and a few other (haven't the England regions now in my mind). Not so in Dark Age as of course it hadn't any citadels nor big stone castles in europe, btw.!
    Anyway, about which era camp do you talk above? I'm pretty sure the Early, High and Late and normally also the Renaissance has Nottingham as castles with hidden_resource main ... .
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 14, 2008 at 03:01 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

No, that isn't a banana

Early Era.

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

I told a friend of mine about this mod and he downloaded it and played as the Papal Faction in the early era. He was loosing a lot of money. It was not the field cost scrip for any generals outside of his cities. Apparently, as the Papal States you are given Inquisitors and they are your units to move. Well, I looked at the field cost script for the Papal States:

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType papal_states
    and I_LocalFaction papal_states
    and not EndedInSettlement
    and not AgentType = admiral
    and not AgentType = spy
    and not AgentType = diplomat
    and not AgentType = assassin
    and not AgentType = priest
    and not AgentType = princess
    and not AgentType = merchant
    and not AgentType = general
    and InEnemyLands

console_command add_money papal_states, -1000

end_monitor

... and there is no "and not AgentType = Inquisitor" I think the game is charging a field script for Inquisitors. Have not changed the file myself yet but thought I would throw it out there and see if that could be the problem.

Patrician Artifex

Papal States shall not expand in our mod ... hmm, i'm anyway all for it, that Papal States will be unplayable for the human player. SV himself refuses as yet to set it that way for the public releases ... or maybe also an oversight.