Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: [Bug Helpdesk] Chivalry II : SV 3.x Bugreports (read 1st post)

Argh! i downloaded the mod, and pressed the corresponding letter for darkage, tried it (in custom campaign) hit start, and the game stopped responding, i did the same for reniassance, and the same thing happened. if it matters, i have vista.

it doesn't even go to the campaign map, just stays on the menu

Also, after hitting the letter it says "Access Denied" over and over again.

Is this compatible with other mods?

'cuz i have stainless steel
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; September 04, 2008 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Quintuple post
    Originally Posted by orko
    I demand northern Ireland! it is the most powerfull, unified and internally peacefull nation in the world with no inside comflicts and religious feuds!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karma
    Lol, send in a load of Irishmen and get ready to see people to start flying out windows!

Default Re: Chivalry II : The Sicilian Vespers 3.x - Bugreports

Quote Originally Posted by EruIlluvatar12 View Post
    Argh! i downloaded the mod, and pressed the corresponding letter for darkage, tried it (in custom campaign) hit start, and the game stopped responding, i did the same for reniassance, and the same thing happened. if it matters, i have vista.

it doesn't even go to the campaign map, just stays on the menu

Also, after hitting the letter it says "Access Denied" over and over again.

Is this compatible with other mods?

'cuz i have stainless steel
    See the stickied vista permissions fix thread, also, the first time you play a campaign, make sure you are waiting long enough for the map.rwm to build.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

how long will that be? as in the building of map.rwm
    I demand northern Ireland! it is the most powerfull, unified and internally peacefull nation in the world with no inside comflicts and religious feuds!

Quote:
    Lol, send in a load of Irishmen and get ready to see people to start flying out windows!

huh i ran it as admin, and waited for it to load, yet its not working

Quote:

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

huh i ran it as admin, and waited for it to load, yet its not working
    I would do another try if you have disabled the admin permission function from your vista.

If this won't work, then you have another issue. But i don't think that it is a Stainless Steel thing, it has a mod folder, right?

Check also the FAQ, general mod info and dl/install-instructions threads again, perhaps you've overlooked something while installing/starting the mod ... .
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

uhh well im not exactly tech-savvy, what do u mean by:"I would do another try if you have disabled the admin permission function from your vista." ?
    ty for response, this mod looks very interesting

Quote:

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

uhh well im not exactly tech-savvy, what do u mean by:"I would do another try if you have disabled the admin permission function from your vista." ?
    ty for response, this mod looks very interesting
    I don't use Vista, and i won't in future ... but in every admin steered OS, you should be able to disable the admin function completely, if you have the right to do it, means, if it is your own system.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I think i got the same problem.

I installed the mod and everything went fine. When i launch it, i write any word (be it R, L, D, E or H), and the exe automatically copies some files, and then starts the game. However it quickly opens a message box with an yellow sign (but no words) and crashes imediately.

Another thing i noticed is that while the exe is copying some files, the last 2 always fail.

Can someone tell me what to do please?

Using XP btw.

P.S: I obviously got an unmodified MTW2, but with stainless steel as well as a sub folder (in the mods folder, actually).

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

I finished an early era campaign as Sicily and continued to play after it was over. I have a CTD that says unspecified error. The system log is:

12:20:58.109 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    12:20:58.109 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    12:20:58.140 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    12:20:58.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    12:20:58.171 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    12:20:58.203 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    12:20:58.218 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    12:20:58.234 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    12:23:02.406 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'AS Trebuchet'.
    12:23:03.484 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I checked the descr_unit file for early era and did not see a description for AS Trebuchet and I checked the script file and found several entries for the spawned mongol armies that include AS Trebuchet. Is this the problem? And is there any way to fix it? This is one of my best games ever and I really want to keep playing it if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfloyd View Post
    I finished an early era campaign as Sicily and continued to play after it was over. I have a CTD that says unspecified error. The system log is:

12:20:58.109 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    12:20:58.109 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    12:20:58.140 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    12:20:58.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    12:20:58.171 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    12:20:58.203 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    12:20:58.218 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    12:20:58.234 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    12:23:02.406 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'AS Trebuchet'.
    12:23:03.484 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I checked the descr_unit file for early era and did not see a description for AS Trebuchet and I checked the script file and found several entries for the spawned mongol armies that include AS Trebuchet. Is this the problem? And is there any way to fix it? This is one of my best games ever and I really want to keep playing it if possible.
    Good catch

To fix it, you should change the AS Trebuchet to ME Trebuchet in the campaign_script.

It will not be save compatible, so you will probably have to autoresolve battle where the opponent has the AS Trebuchet. Probably the Kipçak Hanligi/Altan Ordyn Uls & Abbasids/Khwarazm-Ilkhaniyan.

To finish the campaign without autoresolving, just copy the vanilla AS Trebuchet into the export_descr_unit_early.txt

I'll take care of this right away for the patch, thanks

[EDIT]

This bug only affected the darkage, which has no mongol spawn, and the early campaign.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; September 06, 2008 at 02:55 PM.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Cooltosha's Avatar Semisalis

I have encountered a new bug, sorry to be such a pain in the a**. When there are notifications that a ruler has died (I don't know is this included in Sicilian Vespers or it has integrated itself from Stainless Steel, and I installed SS before SV), for example, in Dark Age, when ruler of Beneventum dies, it still notifies that ruler of Sicily has died. I know that Beneventum is the core of the Sicilian faction in the later Ages, but I wonder if you could fix this to be ok with the right Age. Thanks!
    Magister Templi Sancti Banani dei pauperes commilitones Kongi Templique Sancti Banani - KONG WILLS IT!
    In Serbia, 90% of people listen to turbo-folk "music". If you are part of the 10% that listen to real music, including metal, put this in your signature
    Obama, your time is up. We're taking our country back from you liberal commies.

I try it several times to install sicialian Vesper 3.0. I have a fresh install of medieval kingdoms. i use Vista and a german Version of the game. The installer has 665 MB.

The Problem ist, that the installer dont create a sicilian Vesper 3.9 launcher.exe. So the desktopshortcut is unabel to find it. i searched the hole mediaval mod folder, but no .exe file.

can anyone help me or attach his .exe file, please

thanks for help

Torquemada

I downloaded SV 3.0 and I installed it correctly. I am able to choose any faction during any era but after I end my first turn the game CTD's when it reaches the Catalaian turn. I am using Vista Dimension

Civitate

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Teutonic Knights horses' have no skin.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Teutonic Knights horses' have no skin.
    Were they rebels?

Any suggestions on how i could get the mod to work? It looks great but it keeps crashing after the first turn. I have tried reinstalling it several times.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk079 View Post
    Any suggestions on how i could get the mod to work? It looks great but it keeps crashing after the first turn. I have tried reinstalling it several times.

Can you provide a little more detail?

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    Were they rebels?
    Yes. They were in Stettin I think. It starts out as rebel so I conquered it and in the battle I noticed.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Hello,

Congrats for this great mod! I'd like to point out some thing that I consider to be a bit out of order. I don't now if they are bugs, but here they are anyway:

Playing as the Byzantines in High Era. Currently I am in turn 91.
    • In Constantinople recruited Klibanophoroi and Kataphracts emerge as General's units. Latinkon emerge as regular unit as expected.
    • In well developed conquered castles (Armenia, Missina etc.) only some low tier infantry units and one cav unit are recruitable. The same is also true for home castle of Sinope (as pointed-out by someone else in this thread).
    • Missina and Brindisi are missing the option to build a church.
    • On the bright side, I didn't have a single CTD during my campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios2008 View Post
    Hello,

Congrats for this great mod! I'd like to point out some thing that I consider to be a bit out of order. I don't now if they are bugs, but here they are anyway:

Playing as the Byzantines in High Era. Currently I am in turn 91.
    • In Constantinople recruited Klibanophoroi and Kataphracts emerge as General's units. Latinkon emerge as regular unit as expected.
    This is normal, but I am starting to reconsider making elite cav appear as Generals. The main problem I am having with this is that they will count vs the field cost script. I think this may be going back to normal, and will be replaced by recruitable generals from the Feudalization buildings.

In well developed conquered castles (Armenia, Missina etc.) only some low tier infantry units and one cav unit are recruitable. The same is also true for home castle of Sinope (as pointed-out by someone else in this thread).
    That is because they are outside of your "Culture" zone, you will get more units as you progress up the Feudal building line. Sinope is a bug, and has been corrected in the upcoming patch.

Missina and Brindisi are missing the option to build a church.
    This is restricted by hidden resources, but I am also thinking about doing away with this. 112 turns into my high campaign, there are no Cardinals in the college of cardinals

On the bright side, I didn't have a single CTD during my campaign!