Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: [Bug Helpdesk] Chivalry II : SV 3.x Bugreports (read 1st post)

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Chivalry II : The Sicilian Vespers 3.x - Bugreports

Im not sure if this is a bug but i have no campaign music when im on the map, my audio settings are correct and the sound effects are working but no music. Im playing as the Magyars with 3.1 on the darkage campaign

Quote Originally Posted by JakethX View Post
    Im not sure if this is a bug but i have no campaign music when im on the map, my audio settings are correct and the sound effects are working but no music. Im playing as the Magyars with 3.1 on the darkage campaign
    This is what you can do to fix it, but backup/rename the affected files first...just in case.

Rename SV\data\descr_sounds_music.txt to descr_sounds_music.txt_BAK

Rename SV\data\sounds\events.idx
    Rename SV\data\sounds\events.dat
    Rename SV\data\sounds\music.idx
    Rename SV\data\sounds\music.dat

You will rename these bak if there is a problem.

Then, just restart a campaign, M2 will generate new .dat and .idx files.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Hi SV...I've been trying to activate the 3.1 patch but my AV software won't allow me to, even after its disabled. It turns it into an unusable EFW file. Any suggestions? I am running Vista 32 bit with CA AV software.

Quote Originally Posted by gusington View Post
    Hi SV...I've been trying to activate the 3.1 patch but my AV software won't allow me to, even after its disabled. It turns it into an unusable EFW file. Any suggestions? I am running Vista 32 bit with CA AV software.
    Try this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194451

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles

I used this, and it didn't help...

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaj od Noćaja View Post
    I used this, and it didn't help...
    When you reinstalled 3.0, did it work?

If yes, copy the launcher, some where safe, and install the patch.

If your AV deletes the launcher, copy your backup back in.

^Thanks SV. I was able to download what you posted above and place those files in the correct folder. I then ran SV but it is still 3.0. So just to be clear, after I dl and install the fix, do I dl and install the 3.1 patch again? or should I not have to do that? Thanks for your patience.

^Thanks SV. I was able to download what you posted above and place those files in the correct folder. I then ran SV but it is still 3.0. So just to be clear, after I dl and install the fix, do I dl and install the 3.1 patch again? or should I not have to do that? Thanks for your patience.
    The launcher in the zip file will work with 3.0 and 3.1, so no need to reinstall the patch.

Just downloaded and installed the 3.1 patch and have a problem. All the other eras work but The Grand Campaign ("L" for the launcher) doesn't. Just returns to the previous screen wnen you click on the load button. Have re-installed but still the same problem. Sure its me!! But any ideas please? Thanks in advance and thanks also for great mod.

Uninstalled MTW2 and Kingdoms

Defragged - Diskkeeper
    used CC Cleaner

Installed MTW2
    and Kingdoms
    then Chivarly II 3.0
    then Chivarly II 3.1patch

Vanilla Kingdoms and MTW play fine

System XP x64
    Dual Xeon
    Nvidia Quadro FX 4500
    4Gb of RAM

Faction : English
    Turn 05
    Early era - ented e (E)

Entered battle - seige CTD

18:27:05.421 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/025.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:27:05.421 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/037.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:27:05.421 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/037.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:27:05.421 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/005.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:27:05.421 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/005.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:27:48.890 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SicilianVespers/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/SicilianVespers_Early/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    18:31:22.062 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SicilianVespers/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/SicilianVespers_Early/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    18:35:48.750 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SicilianVespers/data/text/quotes.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:35:48.750 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SicilianVespers/data/text/quotes.txt is missing
    18:35:48.921 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:48.921 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:50.718 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/building_fire_glow.cas is missing
    18:35:50.718 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_engine/heavy_onager_torches.cas is missing
    18:35:51.156 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    18:36:01.875 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Leigh43; November 09, 2008 at 12:54 PM.

OK, so even though the load screen still says 3.0, if I dl'd and placed the files above, it should now be 3.1?

OK, so even though the load screen still says 3.0, if I dl'd and placed the files above, it should now be 3.1?
    If the splash screen says 3.0, you didn't install the patch correctly.

Alright, so then do I need to try to re-apply the patch once I have applied the above fix?

Apply fix, then apply patch?

Alright, so then do I need to try to re-apply the patch once I have applied the above fix?

Apply fix, then apply patch?
    You should Install the patch, and apply the fix if you have a false-positive hit from your AV.

Reporting that the Title bestowed by Smyrna in the DA period is still named Thrakesion, however, there is just

There is no writing for bonus to signify the station.

OK, I have tried what you explained above SV but nothing changed. Am I out of luck?

OK, I have tried what you explained above SV but nothing changed. Am I out of luck?
    Step by step, what happened?

reinstalled SV 3.0
    Test...did it work?

Install SV 3.2 patch
    Test.....did it work?

If no, try false positive fixed exe
    Test...did it work?

Also, what AV do you have?

OK, SV 3.0 works fine and that hasn't changed throughout.

I attemped to download 3.1 but my AV (CA anti virus) changed the downloadable file from a .zip file to a EFW (unusable) file.

So I tried the fix, which I was able to download and then place the files in the appropriate folder. However when I started SV again it still read 3.0.

I have not tried 3.2 yet. I also did not re-download and re-try SV 3.0 from the beginning because it ran fine with no problems. Should I try one of those?

This seems to be a problem solely with my AV software, so thanks again for such quick responses.

OK, SV 3.0 works fine and that hasn't changed throughout.

I attemped to download 3.1 but my AV (CA anti virus) changed the downloadable file from a .zip file to a EFW (unusable) file.

So I tried the fix, which I was able to download and then place the files in the appropriate folder. However when I started SV again it still read 3.0.

I have not tried 3.2 yet. I also did not re-download and re-try SV 3.0 from the beginning because it ran fine with no problems. Should I try one of those?

This seems to be a problem solely with my AV software, so thanks again for such quick responses.
    I understand now. Don't bother with 3.1, you should use 3.2.

Rename the file from .EFW to .exe, and it should work.

See this link:

http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/efw

EFW File Extension

File Type Renamed Zip or Executable File Category Compressed Files Common? No File Description Compressed .ZIP or executable .EXE file renamed by CA Security Centre to have a ".efw" extension; typically applies to e-mail attachments scanned by Computer Associates (CA) antivirus software.

EFW zipped files may be opened by changing the file extension to ".zip" and opening the file with a decompression utility, such as WinZip or Stuffit Expander; executable files may be run directly by changing the file extension to ".exe" and opening the file.

NOTE: Do not open unknown e-mail attachments from non-trusted sources, as they may contain viruses or other malicious programs.

You can prevent EFW files from being created by temporarily disabling your antivirus software when downloading legitimate zipped or executable files.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; November 10, 2008 at 12:51 PM.

That has to be some kind of record SV...that is the quickest response I have ever gotten from anyone, regarding anything!

So yes, I tried renaming and that didn't work, and it didn't appear to work with shutting off the AV either. I will take your advice and just try 3.2...no redownloading of 3.0, etc. Agreed?