Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: [Bug Helpdesk] Chivalry II : SV 3.x Bugreports (read 1st post)

Default Re: Trojan Virus

It's a false positive alert. You could submit it to your AV provider, and they should correct it.

You can get a new version of the launcher, created with a different compiler, here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...34#post3741134
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; October 23, 2008 at 09:49 AM.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Default Re: Trojan Virus

Thanks for the quick response SV.

Sorry i didn't spot the original thread. I had a look around but couldn't see wood for the trees.

I've downloaded the new launcher and its sorted the problem.

Cheers

Default Re: Chivalry II : The Sicilian Vespers 3.x - Bugreports

I played Chivalry II : The Sicilian Vespers 3.0 "The Dark ages" as the Fatimids (berbers) the agents of the faction start in Egypt (the spy, imam and diplomat) whilst it is abbasid land and the fatimid capital is in modern day tunesia. I like how you gave the fatimids a strong navy at the start, because the fatimids were controlling the mediteranean sea with a huge fleet in times where byzantines would not dare to attack the fatimid fleet the fatimids could sail freely trough the mediteranean. But the next problem is: money! Such a huge fleet (8 ships = 8*150= 1200) needs to be financed. I was not able to "not run out of money". As well the infrastructure of the fatimids is under developed, they do not even have dirty road in their starting location. I am playing medieval 2 only for about a week, but in the basic game i was able to progress. now in your mod it is very difficult for me i keep going bankrupt, even though i play on easy. In another atemp, i think it was in the early middle ages campaign i played as egypt and at one stage i went bankrupt, whit no chance of getting out of it, aswell 3 of my cities/castles revolted against me. I do not know if all of this is a bug. Please help me.

I don't really want to go through testing every faction :<

but so far it's crashed whenever I double left-click on the town as the Byzantines, and Mongols in the Dark Age campaign. Haven't even dared to right-click with an army

Quote Originally Posted by Gigamacdaddy View Post
    I don't really want to go through testing every faction :<

but so far it's crashed whenever I double left-click on the town as the Byzantines, and Mongols in the Dark Age campaign. Haven't even dared to right-click with an army
    I am not getting this error, but it looks like the ş in Tārgovişte is being dropped in the scroll.

You can try renaming Tārgovişte to Targoviste in the

SicilianVespers_Dark_regions_and_settlement_names.txt

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Dark age Byzantines ---> http://rapidshare.com/files/15699958...tines.sav.html

If you just start a fresh campaign with the mongols in the Dark age it will CTD as well.

I also started a campaign as the Pechenegs(mongols), and was able to double left click with no problem.

This looks like it may be a sound problem, are you using an english version of MTW2?

What about my query Sicilian Vespers?

yes

I will try the sav when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by bengee View Post
    I played Chivalry II : The Sicilian Vespers 3.0 "The Dark ages" as the Fatimids (berbers) the agents of the faction start in Egypt (the spy, imam and diplomat) whilst it is abbasid land and the fatimid capital is in modern day tunesia. I like how you gave the fatimids a strong navy at the start, because the fatimids were controlling the mediteranean sea with a huge fleet in times where byzantines would not dare to attack the fatimid fleet the fatimids could sail freely trough the mediteranean. But the next problem is: money! Such a huge fleet (8 ships = 8*150= 1200) needs to be financed. I was not able to "not run out of money". As well the infrastructure of the fatimids is under developed, they do not even have dirty road in their starting location. I am playing medieval 2 only for about a week, but in the basic game i was able to progress. now in your mod it is very difficult for me i keep going bankrupt, even though i play on easy. In another atemp, i think it was in the early middle ages campaign i played as egypt and at one stage i went bankrupt, whit no chance of getting out of it, aswell 3 of my cities/castles revolted against me. I do not know if all of this is a bug. Please help me.
    I will tweak their starting situation for the patch, but here are some tips to manage the economy:

1) Do not to leave generals outside of settlements. The field cost script will -500 for each character in your territory, -1000 in enemy land.

2) Garrison with free upkeep units.

3) Keep your expensive units in stone forts.

4) Built up infrastructure to increase income.

You may need to disband some fleets/units. Alot of the starting units are placed with the AI in mind, and they can support the extra units more easily.

Dark age Byzantines ---> http://rapidshare.com/files/15699958...tines.sav.html

If you just start a fresh campaign with the mongols in the Dark age it will CTD as well.
    I think it must be something specific to your install. I had no problem double clicking Targoviste, or getting the spy into it with your save:

My guess is that it has to do with the sound files. It may be worth rebuilding them.

[EDIT]

105 turns into the campaign and the world still has its historical continuity...not bad...balance wise, but it looks like the Germany need some help.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; October 24, 2008 at 06:42 PM.

yeah, well if i really feel the need to exterminate Bulgaria i'll figure it out, thanks a lot though.

I try my best to play world police

yeah, well if i really feel the need to exterminate Bulgaria i'll figure it out, thanks a lot though.

I try my best to play world police
    You could try backing up contents of your sounds folder (leaving the effect_evt untouched), and copy the contents of the crusader sound folder into SV\data\sounds.

To let MTW2 rebuild the files, just rename events.dat & events.idx (if I am not misteken), and restart MTW2. The game will generate new files.

Here is a list of what's going to be in the patch:

- Mangonel Barrel projectile invisible - FIXED
    - Can't build Chuches in some areas (limits # cardinals) - FIXED
    - Pirates spawn level too high - FIXED
    - Danish Darkage battle general/captain invisible - FIXED
    - No victory conditions for Moravia in DA campaign - FIXED
    - Faction selection screen says Europe 1080 A.D. across top - FIXED
    - Magyar Archers unlocalized in early/high era - FIXED
    - Inconsistent governor titles between eras (vernacular vs english) - FIXED
    - Inconsistent province names between eras (vernacular vs english) - FIXED
    - Permanent stone fort cost not updated - FIXED
    - Incorrect AOR hidden resources in Anatoilia -FIXED
    - Trick riding Anglo-Saxon captains/general -FIXED
    - Serb Darkage bodyguard Magnates, but should be Druzhina - FIXED
    - AS Trebuchet in campaign script, should be ME Trebuchet. - FIXED
    - Citadels not buildable - FIXED
    - Added trade fleet to Safe Sea Port (& renamed to Protected Anchorage) - FIXED
    - Added conversion value to Synagoge - FIXED
    - Added Upgrades for Levy Units - FIXED
    - Tweaked unrest levels in Russian Steppe - FIXED
    - Tweaked Cyprus starting position in Late - FIXED
    - New Sicilian Banners not showing up in battle mode - FIXED
    - Tweak Benevento Darkage starting situation - FIXED
    - Add square formation back to Phalanx units (pike) - FIXED

To do:

- Genoese Town Guard overpowered

Last edited by SicilianVespers; October 26, 2008 at 09:46 AM.

Something I noticed in my Anglo-Saxon Darkage Campaign: After conquering Nottingham I was able to build there some Dirt Roads although the Danes had already build some. Plus I wasn't able to destroy the local Pagan temple. Or is that intended? Hopefully no one already reported these glitches. I didn't find them on your list though.
    Canis meus id comedit.

bugs!!!!!!!!

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

again, cannot capture targovitse on early era campaign as byzantium, the world trembles before the greeks but if they try to beseige one little town beyond the Danube the game crashes... wanna send the save, but how do you add attachments?
    The Duke of Dunwich and surrounding fiefdom

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

Not a major bug but I didn't see it on the fixed list;
    The agents for the portugese in the dark age spawn in the same spot as the later ages although geographically the portugese city is on the other side of the peninsula.
    For a more major one... I think; I recalled some other bugs The squalor reduction from Archietect/character traits doesn't seem to reduce squalor in the city unless it reduces to a certain amount based on population size?
    Last edited by Dubin; November 01, 2008 at 12:30 PM.

I have probably a unique problem. I had the "trojan" report like many others here. However, in my case, there appeared to be actually a threat on my computer, so I used my Norton System Works to eliminate it. One of the files I eliminated had something to do with sound. I almost did not remove it, but since Norton considered it a threat, I did.

After that, I had the problem of the Sicilian Vespers exe not showing up. Also, about this time, my sound in the game became distorted. The music plays ok, but the voices (general's speaches, etc) are extremely muted and battle sounds are likewise to a lesser extent.

I did not see the sicilianverspers.exe file download at first, so I ended up uninstalling all my kingdoms mods, kingdoms and the original game and reinstalled everything. However, since the reinstall, the sound problem persists. Does anyone know what could be the cause of my problem?

Thanks in advance.