Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Chivalry II : SV 3.x - Suggestions and Feedback

Default Re: [Discussion] Chivalry II : SV 3.x - Suggestions and Feedback

a couple of new (and I mean REALLY NEW) units wouldn't hurt..NEW models, with NEW hd textures using pixel shader...the forum is full of mods like this...with not a simple NEW element in the graphic section...I mean...dude...is a game...50% of the games is graphics...a mod with no new units is like a new car without wheels...you should play TATW or RUSICHI...those are real good mods!
    Have a coffee dude...

Some feedback from me: Awesome work with keeping the resource-consuming down. I love Stainless Steel, but it lags horrendously at times. This mod runs nice and smoothly, which makes it very enjoyable. Some suggestions:

Earlier knight units should have spear-like lances rather than the later style (though I must admit I have not yet tried out all the early knight units)

Add more music, like these two little gems:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgnVEU2ZzTI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrEumdFk2Ek

Consulo's Avatar Laurifer Invictus

For the most part knights are sword armed in the game. With that said...the provinces of the Pyrenees mountains have 'frankish milites' that are spear armed infantry. You should have a go with them down there. They seem to be once of the best spear armed infantry to find early.

Feel free to add me.

I was speaking about mounted knights. Vanilla always annoyed me with early Norman knights being armed with full-on 15th century lances. I've recently used some seigneurs though and they seem to have lances which match with their armour.

I have one question though: I'm eager to get some actual knights onto the battlefield. When can I recruit mounted Feudal milites? I can recruit dismounted Feudal milites at Nottingham, but I'm not entirely sure how!

Oh my bad! I missunderstood. :p Feudal Milites You should have access to fuedal knights (mounted) once you have knights stables or the next one up. In addition, I believe you get dismounted fuedal milites once you've upgraded your castles to fortresses.

Feel free to add me.

That takes a while, no? It's kind of frustrating getting into the early 1200s, yet not being able to have any of the awesome knights you expect from the time. I guess I should just stick to milites familiares until I get fortresses!

I have a couple more questions though for those who have been playing this mod more than I have:

1. Why do Scotland attack me for no apparent reason (playing as England) every time?

2. Why do I only get female children? So far Prince Henry has had three girls and his sister has had a girl too.

3. Why is my relationship with France constantly lowering for no apparent reason? (I have protected anchorage, so I am trading with them)

4. Is there any mod which will make diplomacy a bit more realistic? I defeated two or three large Scottish armies and took Edinburgh from them, then offered them Edinburgh back in return for a ceasefire and my offer was firmly rejected (seems like vanilla diplomacy where they refuse everything you offer them :\)

The female children and not accepting any offers is kind of making me not want to play my English game much longer. Hope I can get some light shed on it soon!
    Last edited by Suthseaxe; January 27, 2014 at 02:57 PM.

The issues with Scotland and France are due to starting out with negative relations with them. They will be more prone from the get-go to attack you. The issue with the ceasefire is an interesting one as I have not had the issue. I can generally get a ceasefire from the opposing faction after a period of time at war. What difficulty are you playing on?

I donot have an anwser for the female children unfortunately. Princesses are always nice though.

Feel free to add me.

I am playing on H/H. Are there recommended settings? You'd think offering to give them their capital back just for peace would be acceptable!

Good news: I have managed to stop Scotland attacking and forged an alliance with the Pope (I started a new game)

For anyone else having the same trouble, keep Prince Henry ungarrisoned north of York and it discourages the Scots from attacking. If you don't, they attack every single time (4/4 games have had the Scots attack me!)

Now to work on keeping France happy (for now) whilst I build up my castles.

Still no wife/children for any of my male family members though. One of the women has a baby girl. This is quite frustrating. Is there any way to tweak it so that you get at least more marriage offers?

One final comment/query/suggestion. Why have the Abbasid Caliphate been merged with the Timurids (who would then be in the game early anyway)? Would it be possible to make them a fully-fledged faction in later releases?
    Last edited by Suthseaxe; January 29, 2014 at 02:42 PM.

BUMP etc.

I've just got a Crusade trigger in the early campaign and no crusades have been called since, nor in my high era campaign. Is there anything I need to do to get Crusades to trigger?

Hi,

Perhaps some of you fine gentlemen can assist me?

I seem to be utterly unable to download the virus-error fix for the Launcher. Could it perchance be re-uploaded by some friendly soul.

Much obliged,
    Dariush S

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It's in the first post of the thread. But Chrome wouldn't let me download it as it also thought it's malware for some reason, but I uploaded it here http://www.mediafire.com/download/30...032010_(2).zip

Thank you for your help, Vipman.

Alas it still wont allow me to download. But at least now I know why. My browser (or Firewall) thinks that it is a virus, so it wont let me. I'll think of a work-around.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If you have Chrome go to Settings, at the bottom click Show advanced settings, at Privacy uncheck the box of "Enable phishing and malware protection", download the file, then enable this setting again. That's what I did. If you have another browser, there should be something similar.

Quite like this mod. However, when I try to start any of the campaigns, it always loads the 1311/Grand Campaign no matter which campaign I select. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod as well as M2 entirely a couple of times now. But keep getting the same problem. Any tips?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Well, very nice to see this mod forum is still somehow active.

As SV and myself are not anymore active in this mod forum or with modding TW games overall, i recommend to use the Submod section for trying your own modding adventures with the ChivII:SV basement, if you like.

Also meant to all according single posts or replies in sticky posts. It is not very probable, that the official version gets ever an update. You can but use existing threads or new posts to discuss all related items, of course.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 20, 2015 at 08:52 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

hi,

could someone please upload 3.0 to sendspace or make a torrent? google chrome will not let me download it

DL link? Tried everything I could find and went to some dark, dark places...pls help.

This was my first MTW2 mod back in 2010, I loved and played it for hundreds of hours.

But now coming back, you know I kind of assumed that a 3.3ver mod is gonna be really good, but then I started the late campaign, entered custom battle and I've noticed that the vast majority of units are Vanilla, there are non-Vanilla units yes but not that many, then some of the new factions have really ugly chaotic rosters. The campaign map, seems so small.

I must say it seems nostalgia clouded my mind. Unfortunate really that this mod died, I still see the potential and what could it could have been, but at his point it feels more like a beta to me.

Could someone upload the hotfix one to here or on mediafire? Love MTW2 with a passion!

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Full MEGA Download (yeah, I did forget to delete my saves there): https://mega.nz/#!RrIiwYzI!ZoIPadayj...LO6bxTVXk5Sfq8