Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Chivalry II : SV 3.x - Suggestions and Feedback

Default Re: Chivalry II : The Sicilian Vespers - Suggestions and Feedback

I really like the direction that this mod is going. Played it for a good hour and a half today.

Great job guys!

This might be easier if I write this in point form.

The Good:
    Fantastic Map (A lot of settlements yet not a huge and empty map). Other then a good polish here and there I wouldn't change much here.
    Multiple Start Dates (Dark Ages WOOT!)
    Large variety of troops/buildings

Needs Work:
    The obvious glitches
    Performance issues (Sluggish as hell, even more so then SS 6.1)
    Still a lot of unfinished content of course, but I understand in time they'll be fixed.

I suggest in future releases to add options for users to remove some of the more resource heavy features ( e.g: princess event notifications).
    Last edited by Kaiserjagen; August 29, 2008 at 11:49 PM.

[quote=SicilianVespers;3575975]All the other campaigns work for you? Does the log say any thing?quote]

Nope some of the campaigns did work but only for two more turns and then it showed up saying Medieval 2 total wat has encountered an error. Anyways I've uninstalled the last Scillian vespers and the this new mod and now I'm downloading it again perhaps my error was having the first scillian vespers on?

Civitate

Yeah, I've noticed it's very sluggish as well when I move around my agents and there's a two second pause when he finishes his journey.

I have a suggestion; I think the market rights and stronghold rights should be removed. I mean, does the AI know to build them? If not, then the AI is missing out on a lot of military and financial advancements. Especially with sea trade. I had done 60 years as Portugal and done a toggle_fow and the only sea trade route was mine. This severely hinders the AI development.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed it's very sluggish as well when I move around my agents and there's a two second pause when he finishes his journey.

I have a suggestion; I think the market rights and stronghold rights should be removed. I mean, does the AI know to build them? If not, then the AI is missing out on a lot of military and financial advancements. Especially with sea trade. I had done 60 years as Portugal and done a toggle_fow and the only sea trade route was mine. This severely hinders the AI development.
    We have had this same discussion in the Dev forum, regarding building requirements. We will have to do some playtesting, and adjust if necessary.

I haven't noticed the sluggishness on my PC, but I will see what I can do

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Can someone tell me why when I seage rebel or faction town,on the computer turn they have at least 500 units more(I don't know about the rebels,but the Byzantium has at least 2 generals at the roads every turn-they musn't have money!!!!!!)?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Shy View Post
    Can someone tell me why when I seage rebel or faction town,on the computer turn they have at least 500 units more(I don't know about the rebels,but the Byzantium has at least 2 generals at the roads every turn-they musn't have money!!!!!!)?
    The mod has a garrison script to help the campaign turn out somewhat historically, and make the battles harder.

You won't find any settlement defended by one peasant in SV.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    The mod has a garrison script to help the campaign turn out somewhat historically, and make the battles harder.

You won't find any settlement defended by one peasant in SV.
    Is it the same when they siege my towns/castles?

The garrison script works for both settlement types, and covers every settlement on the map.

Diplomacy is kinda funky, at war for like 25 turns, and they are at war with another faction, offer money, the whole nine, and they don't accept.......what gives???? Needs to be worked on.

The spawn of defense units does not work both ways, only when beseiging the enemy cities.

For those other factions, they seem to have a ton of money, because they have tons of fleets and armies. Doesn't quite make sense to me.

Another thing, I keep doing what the pope asks of me, yet I am despicable, I was playing as Sicily, got attacked by Venice, lost a castle, retook it, then I am the despicable one........say what??????

Just some thoughts, otherwise, I like the other era's that are available.

I know it is a work in progress, but I like it.

IŽd like some new quotes for the loading screen in the next version...does anyone know if theres already a pack that can be downloaded?

Quote Originally Posted by thebull0425 View Post
    Diplomacy is kinda funky, at war for like 25 turns, and they are at war with another faction, offer money, the whole nine, and they don't accept.......what gives???? Needs to be worked on.
    What difficulty are you playing on?

The spawn of defense units does not work both ways, only when beseiging the enemy cities.
    Garrisons only spawn for the AI.

For those other factions, they seem to have a ton of money, because they have tons of fleets and armies. Doesn't quite make sense to me.
    The mod has a money script to enhance the AI factions.

Another thing, I keep doing what the pope asks of me, yet I am despicable, I was playing as Sicily, got attacked by Venice, lost a castle, retook it, then I am the despicable one........say what??????
    In my high campaign the Pope is acting very historically. As Sicily, I had full papal favor, until I skipped a crusade, and conquered Gemany (Becoming HRE). After this, my Papal favor was reduced to maybe 2 crosses. Historically, the Papacytried to keep any one faction from becoming too powerful in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by algorath View Post
    IŽd like some new quotes for the loading screen in the next version...does anyone know if theres already a pack that can be downloaded?
    I will have to work on this.

Civitate

I have another suggestion: in the later campaigns, make settlements more developed to start with. By the Renaissance campaign, I think all settlement above a town should have at least a land clearance and dirt roads and a small church. This, I believe, hinders the AI because it isn't as good at economising as the human player. This, coupled with the stronghold rights requirement for advanced barracks and armour facilities cripples the AI later on in the game because while I have the best knights, guns and well armoured militias, they tend to still be using levy spearmen and mailed knights.

I have another suggestion: in the later campaigns, make settlements more developed to start with. By the Renaissance campaign, I think all settlement above a town should have at least a land clearance and dirt roads and a small church. This, I believe, hinders the AI because it isn't as good at economising as the human player. This, coupled with the stronghold rights requirement for advanced barracks and armour facilities cripples the AI later on in the game because while I have the best knights, guns and well armoured militias, they tend to still be using levy spearmen and mailed knights.
    I agree. I noticed that the AI builds Synagogues everywhere. I will try to get them emulate this behaviour for the rights buildings.

[EDIT]

It seems like every settlement has a Synagogue.

Another thing i like in "roma surrectum"
    Your familymembers are basically "military" or "political" minded, once they turn 14 they become controlable characters and gain education either in castles or towns.
    Their training ends with 16 and you can use them as generals or governers.
    The more advanced your structures in a certain settlement, the more education gets the character.
    What do you think about implementing that?

An other thing, has anyone tried the "lusted BAI & CAI" on sicilian vespers?

Maybe, make the arquebusiers unit size back to normal? I assume it was on purpose that on huge unit settings their unit size is 60, which is imo odd since the janissaries (sp?) have 120. Maybe its jut me, but I was really looking forward to getting some battles with lots of firearms in a rennaissance campaign, and now I can't have that. Other than that, I must say I really like the Dark ages so far.

I havent played this much yet but theres no teutonic order in the baltic is there? I think adding that faction would be very much necessary

Can you give jenisaries archer sword instead knife

Civitate

Now in turn 150 of my Portugal campaign. I have some suggestions;

• Make pikemen (not just militia pikemen but the proper pikemen currently only recruitable to France) available to all Western Catholic factions. This is more realistic for the Renaissance campaign as pikes were used a lot. I also like the skin from kingdoms, maybe that can be used? Obviously, factions like Spain and Portugal that have their own pikemen (Tercios and Aventuros) don't need the standard pikemen units. It might also be a good idea to make Landsknecht pikemen recruitable for the HRE (and any other faction which used them) or make them spawn a lot faster as mercenaries.
    • Make hordes more aggressive. There is a massive Georgian horde in Anatolia which is at war with the Turks. But no fighting. It just wanders around aimlessly, shadowed by an equal number of large Turkish stacks.
    • Make it easier for cities to tech up. I've touched on this before. Remove the market and stronghold requirement rights as the AI just doesn't build them. Well that's a slight lie as after 150 turns I have seen a sea trade route beside Antioch. But ...
    • ...The AI doesn't build ships any more. I am totally safe from any sea invasion now. The Crusaders just sit on Cyprus not crusading! Also, pirates now aggressively besiege any city with a sea trade route so even when the AI does build them, they are blocked by a lot of pirates and the AI doesn't build any fleets to attack them.
    • Allow us to convert castles into cities. Many Western Mediterranean islands have castles, which don't make much in trade compared to cities. I want to convert them into cities for the boom in trade I will get. It is also pretty useless being stuck with a castle which cannot train any units nor be changed into a city where it can function as a trading hub.
    • Imams seem to be very powerful. An imam with 2 piety went near Lisbon and before long, despite there being a Cardinal and two priets and a church, the Catholic population had dropped from 95% to 80%!
    • The Jewish religion should be more widespread. I've currently never seen a city with any Jewish population at all, yet, despite having Synagogues.
    • Perhaps get rid of the Aztecs and add in the Teutonic Order. North Eastern Europe and Russia is very bare and could be doing with another faction.
    • Tone down heresy a bit. Currently most the Russian settlements are more than 30% heretic, which creates massive unrest meaning the Mongols and Russians lose a lot of their cities in rebellions.

Thanks!

Another thing i like in "roma surrectum"
    Your familymembers are basically "military" or "political" minded, once they turn 14 they become controlable characters and gain education either in castles or towns.
    Their training ends with 16 and you can use them as generals or governers.
    The more advanced your structures in a certain settlement, the more education gets the character.
    What do you think about implementing that?

An other thing, has anyone tried the "lusted BAI & CAI" on sicilian vespers?
    SV already uses Lusted's BAI, but the CAI is Ultimate AI.

I havent played this much yet but theres no teutonic order in the baltic is there? I think adding that faction would be very much necessary
    For the time being, you will have to play was the HRE to get Teutonic Order.

Now in turn 150 of my Portugal campaign. I have some suggestions;

• Make pikemen (not just militia pikemen but the proper pikemen currently only recruitable to France) available to all Western Catholic factions. This is more realistic for the Renaissance campaign as pikes were used a lot. I also like the skin from kingdoms, maybe that can be used? Obviously, factions like Spain and Portugal that have their own pikemen (Tercios and Aventuros) don't need the standard pikemen units. It might also be a good idea to make Landsknecht pikemen recruitable for the HRE (and any other faction which used them) or make them spawn a lot faster as mercenaries.
    • Make hordes more aggressive. There is a massive Georgian horde in Anatolia which is at war with the Turks. But no fighting. It just wanders around aimlessly, shadowed by an equal number of large Turkish stacks.
    • Make it easier for cities to tech up. I've touched on this before. Remove the market and stronghold requirement rights as the AI just doesn't build them. Well that's a slight lie as after 150 turns I have seen a sea trade route beside Antioch. But ...
    • ...The AI doesn't build ships any more. I am totally safe from any sea invasion now. The Crusaders just sit on Cyprus not crusading! Also, pirates now aggressively besiege any city with a sea trade route so even when the AI does build them, they are blocked by a lot of pirates and the AI doesn't build any fleets to attack them.
    • Allow us to convert castles into cities. Many Western Mediterranean islands have castles, which don't make much in trade compared to cities. I want to convert them into cities for the boom in trade I will get. It is also pretty useless being stuck with a castle which cannot train any units nor be changed into a city where it can function as a trading hub.
    • Imams seem to be very powerful. An imam with 2 piety went near Lisbon and before long, despite there being a Cardinal and two priets and a church, the Catholic population had dropped from 95% to 80%!
    • The Jewish religion should be more widespread. I've currently never seen a city with any Jewish population at all, yet, despite having Synagogues.
    • Perhaps get rid of the Aztecs and add in the Teutonic Order. North Eastern Europe and Russia is very bare and could be doing with another faction.
    • Tone down heresy a bit. Currently most the Russian settlements are more than 30% heretic, which creates massive unrest meaning the Mongols and Russians lose a lot of their cities in rebellions.

Thanks!
    I have noticed most of the same in my latest test campaign. I will be working on much of this.

This is good feedback, keep it coming
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; September 02, 2008 at 09:47 AM.

@SicilianVespers
    What do u think about introducing some sort of educational system for generals/familymembers

Is there a way to make the AI build forts at their borders and actually use them?

The pope usually excommunicates the HRE...How about the possibility of electing a counterpope and an Emperor for the HRE?

The AI should be forced to call Jihads and Crusades only on important citys, maybe only capitals, so they dont just go for some rebelsettlements and boring stuff^^
    Jihads are usually very boring, would be great if they aim for citys in europe too

I miss some sort of crusade thing for byzantium, donŽt know if thats possible, iŽd like that however

IŽd like more mercenarys, like the amount and quality you can get in and around italy

IŽd also love lithuania and the teutonic order put back in the game...but u already know that

If you need help gathering new quotes for the loading screen iŽd be happy to help out

Thats it for now, i guess...hopefully some ideas you can work with

Edit: One more thing, is it possible to config the AI so it can actually sail somewhere, unload its troops and conquer? e.g. Jerusalem, they just sit there on cypres. Would be fun if Jihad/Crusader armies would travel by see
    Last edited by algorath; September 03, 2008 at 09:09 AM.