Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Rusichi: Total World, Introduction (Open Beta Released)

Default Re: Rusichi: Total World, introduction

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight View Post
    This is why it says Seljuk Sultanate, Not Rum Sultanate.
    Seljuk Sultanate of Rûm is the name on the map...

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by MaximianusBR View Post
    Seljuk Sultanate of Rûm is the name on the map...
    You are right, I missed that I guess they made a mistake..... These are Russian historians and modders not Turkish......

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight View Post
    You are right, I missed that I guess they made a mistake..... These are Russian historians and modders not Turkish......
    Anyway, they'll probably fix it

Quote Originally Posted by IVIarkI2I View Post
    where is Georgia?
    Our mod is centered on the Russian kingdoms of the day, and the events that took place. There are only three playable fractions, after all, and all three of them Russian. Our goal is to change the game-play, not make a vanilla clone with dozens of playable, virtually identical fractions albeit in a different historical setting.

During that time period, there just weren't all that many interactions between the Georgian kingdom and any of the Russian ones, however large, important or glorious the Georgian kingdom was in its own right.

So a better question would be "where is Bulgar" or "where is Lithuania" - questions which bother us a lot more.

P.S. And there is enough strife and emotions in real life in the region without bringing it needlessly into the game as well.
    English 1.0 Studia Marka™

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Tchouk View Post
    Our mod is centered on the Russian kingdoms of the day, and the events that took place. There are only three playable fractions, after all, and all three of them Russian. Our goal is to change the game-play, not make a vanilla clone with dozens of playable, virtually identical fractions albeit in a different historical setting.

During that time period, there just weren't all that many interactions between the Georgian kingdom and any of the Russian ones, however large, important or glorious the Georgian kingdom was in its own right.

So a better question would be "where is Bulgar" or "where is Lithuania" - questions which bother us a lot more.

P.S. And there is enough strife and emotions in real life in the region without bringing it needlessly into the game as well.
    Volga Bulgars ? Donubian ? We can help you- Bulgaria: Total war team
    MORAL

Some very original mods are being developed these days, mods like “For King or Country - The English civil war”, “1066: Conquest”, “Blood, Broads and Bastards” and probably others. Mods based on ideas and concepts which don’t always correspond to the principles behind Total War.

The first thing that differentiates these mods is their tie to a national history – modders dedicate their efforts to the pages of their own history. Their goal is a historically accurate mod, and trying to reach it leads to a couple of things: less fractions, more accurate maps, changing turns/year (like 12 turns per year) and a detailed reworking of character traits and historical events. All this could be called “realism”, but accented on the socio-economic part of the game, the strategic part, rather than the war –the tactical- part. The “economic” component is lacking a bit, true, but this is something that they will (hopefully) correct.

We’ve used a couple of these ideas in our mod, Rusichi, and the resulting game-play was different and no less interesting. “Pretty” units, as good as they are, sort of take a back seat in this respect.

I have a question to this community of modders and gamers: maybe the time has come for formulating a fresh set of principles for creating future mods, principles that will change their their setting and story flow? Shouldn’t we cooperate (I’m talking about the innovate mods mentioned above and their developers, the stars of TWC - AlphaDelta, GrnEyedDvl, Lusted, KnightErrant and others) in creating a set of fundamental scripts - exactly like the 12 turns/year script – on which future mods of this type will be based? There is definitely work to be done in this direction, there aren’t enough of these fundamental scripts. We have some ideas in developing this direction. There is, of course, a rather large barrier – the national history of a mod; not every Englishman will wish to play a mod about Russia and vice-versa. But if a mod developer uses the full potential of the awesome MTW2 engine, vast infinite-seeming potential, and can actually balance the changes with game-play; I think the resulting mod would be interesting enough that all national boundaries would be erased.

We’re already planning to discuss our future second installment based on this self-dubbed “
    Total World Realism” concept. It’ll be a mod about Russian history with radically different game conditions. Some ideas will be announced soon.

OMG this is by far one of the most great mods I've ever seen! It's worth the Olympus of.. Mods.

Keep on like that, guys! ++rep
    Creator and maker of:

Branca, Branca
    Leon, Leon, Leon
    fuìt: bùm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Russia and Eastern Europe has always had some of the coolest armor aesthetics. Foremost amongst it is that mixture of West, East and Northern Steppe, with armor and dress drawn from the Germanics, Slavs, Turks, Arabs, Persians, Caucasus Hillmen, Greeks, and even ancient Scythians and Sarmatians. Then there's this beautiful 'personalizing' touch with every guy wearing a different style of metal or cloth armor.

Really cool stuff.
    That's a really interesting point, actually.

13th century russian vs. european armor wasn't actually all that different constructively (though styling was different) - mostly mail with maybe a difference in that scale armor was more popular in europe vs. lamellar for Rus'.

Still, you can see, I think, the begining of the evolution that in europe lead to the classic "knight in shining armor" full-plate. The Great Helm is a great example of this.

Some illustrations:
    Russian armor:

Concept (taken from a book):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A couple reconstructions:

And a render of the models we made:

European (germanic) armor:
    A concept:

Reconstruction:

A render of our high-poly unit

I think that the differences, especially late-era ones, stem from the fact battles were fought in very different terrain and circumstances. European wars were much less mobile. Lots of sieges and smaller distances. Russian wars, especially in the south, were mostly fought against nomadic horse tribes like the Mongols or Cumans. Huge distances, horseback fighting required much greater mobility - and hence the mix between east and west.

Armor had to be mobile enough to fight with mongolian hordes in the steppes, but also strong enough to compete with european armor in the west.

P.S. a classical artist's rendition of a historical battle.

P.P.S. We are making some renders and eventually an animation of fight between a Russian swordsman and a Teutonic knight. Stay tuned.
    English 1.0 Studia Marka™

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

I've made some Volga Bugar's units \2-3\ if you want them- here is shot of the one
    MORAL

Orko's Avatar Praeses

That's a really interesting point, actually.

13th century russian vs. european armor wasn't actually all that different constructively (though styling was different) - mostly mail with maybe a difference in that scale armor was more popular in europe vs. lamellar for Rus'.

Still, you can see, I think, the begining of the evolution that in europe lead to the classic "knight in shining armor" full-plate. The Great Helm is a great example of this.

Some illustrations:
    Russian armor:

Concept (taken from a book):

A couple reconstructions:

And a render of the models we made:

European (germanic) armor:
    A concept:

Reconstruction:

I think that the differences, especially late-era ones, stem from the fact battles were fought in very different terrain and circumstances. European wars were much less mobile. Lots of sieges and smaller distances. Russian wars, especially in the south, were mostly fought against nomadic horse tribes like the Mongols or Cumans. Huge distances, horseback fighting required much greater mobility - and hence the mix between east and west.

Armor had to be mobile enough to fight with mongolian hordes in the steppes, but also strong enough to compete with european armor in the west.

P.S. a classical artist's rendition of a historical battle.

P.P.S. We are making some renders and eventually an animation of fight between a Russian swordsman and a Teutonic knight. Stay tuned.
    this is so bloody beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

thats beautiful

That's extremely beautiful!

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

I pray to god that you guys remake the hre faction, because that TO unit, just made my day. jawdrop:

AMAZING....

Proud Israeli and supporter of the state of ISRAEL
    WATCH THIS AND THIS AND THIS and after that, tell me who's wrong.

Good job

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Stunning

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

OMG... high-poly unit is GREAT!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

This moding team honors the forum with it's creations!!!!!
    They must get as much rep as we can give!!!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Stephan's Avatar Campidoctor

it looks like a totally new game awesome

Yes, I know that Ishtar is spelled wrong

Wow that's totally great +REP
    I have a question: You guys are planing to remake all of the vanilla factions which are in your mod (for example: Poland, Hungary, Byzantine Empire) and units in their rosters or are you leaving some vanilla elements?
    Last edited by Łukomski; September 06, 2008 at 09:46 AM.
    No Signature