Page 16 of 97 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166 ... LastLast

Thread: Rusichi: Total World, Introduction (Open Beta Released)

Plonkdog's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Rusichi: Total World, introduction

yeah, I think whenever you have a full archive of concept art it should go into the unit cards. it would be a pity to waste stuff that good
    Dh'aindeoin co'theireadh e - Gainsay Who Dare

Bebbe's Avatar Ordinarius

SO beautiful ! This reaaaally makes me want to improve my skinning.

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Tchouk View Post
    Hm. Since I'm not the history buff on our team, I can't speak with authority, but those seem to me more like a stereotypical "nomadic people" references.

Turkic peoples covered a very large area of land during those times, and there were very many different tribes with different dress and armament.

Specifically about the Cumans, you can check our information here.

Unfortunately, not a whole lot of information is available about the Cumans, as there are no Cumanic records - only "third-party" ones. And even the physical evidence is pretty sparse:

Which brings up a good point about historical authenticity, actually. Even when the information has available and accurate sources, you always have to balance accuracy and game-play. 100% historcal accuracy, if it is even possible on the MTW2 engine, would make for pretty dull units and boring game-play.

Another factor is expectations. We all "know" what steppe people should look like, just as we "know" that knights are those full-plate wearing monsters. Very few people (though not on these boards, I think) actually realise that full-plate was a very late-period invention.

P.S. Here is our reference (drawn, again, by Ronin) for a Cuman Kagan, the model made above:

Nice,

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

so great!
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Orko's Avatar Praeses

these units are just so awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

looks great.

You really make a new experience out of it.

It is possible to say that it is better to us to develop AI for our mode.
    The main problem is an unwillingness of AI to develop a city and as a consequence to employ strong and expensive units. Other problems: how to force Pathfindig to work together with AI type according to mode's strategy.
    AI analyzer (we name it so) a choice of the decision for behaviour of fraction consumes the following information:
    1. Military balance of units (it is possible to change it)
    2. AI type (each type is fixed in engine and to change it is impossible, but it is possible to jump from one type to another changing AI label)
    Points 1+2 represent military force of fraction and warn AI against an attack
    3. Economy (it is possible to change and create different ways) involving AI and stimulating an attack
    4. Diplomacy has limited character for AI and is subject to strong development and change in the near future
    5.Pathfindig depends on complexity map (it is possible to change it) and has executive character for AI after AI analyzer will compare conclusions from 1+2 (against an attack) and 3+4 (for an attack).
    In our mode we have tried to change concept MTW2 (many identical fractions with the same power) and to create preconditions for manufacturing new type of AI, meeting the requirements of our gameplay mode. As the reason to it was that we had broken in a hard way the balance of points 1,2,3 in comparison with the original game. The following points are 4,5. Usually at first the universal AI is made, proceeding from the general requirements. Maybe, as the result, we will also receive universal AI, maybe not. It will depend on limits of updating of AI connected with a game engine.
    We have broken down military power of units into three classes. Each class has the factor G equal to the relation of the sum of hiring and the maintenance to military force of division (the sum of military characteristics of a separate unit increased by quantity of units in division).
    So the first class of units has G from 0-0,5-those are units of the early period and AI them employs standardly.
    The second class of units has G from 0,5-0,8-those are already professional units and AI has no problems with them
    The third class of units has G from 1,0-1,5 are unique units and AI does not employ them in general. These units are accessible only to the player.
    Thus, varying factor G, it is possible to achieve from AI a fair hiring. Frankly speaking, the big changes are needed in fraction economy in order for the effective hiring of units. There is a need of making different types of economy for fractions. The type of economy is based on the speciality of fraction (speciality of agriculture, trade, religion etc.) and is connected with the result of military class unit.
    Also, it is necessary to talk about generals. AI often proposes them and makes them in a family. Generals are unique units and consequently are useful in the military plan and are harmful for the economic. To adjust their number, the second class units with characteristics of murderers of generals must be created. AI actively uses them especially in auto-calc.

cONGRATULATIONS THE BEST UNITS THAT I HAVE SEEN IMPRESIVE, THE RELEASE IS SOON ?

Is it me or is this mod just getting better and better?

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Why doesn't this have its own forum yet? This looks like the next great mod, in an era that I didn't really know about before now.

Indefinitely Banned

WOW you guys should remake M2TW knights
    This Modding Team work is just awesome a wake up call for other Modders out there especially CA to improve your work they really set the bar very high

Amazing work, team. Absolutely astounded to see these great units.

What are you going to do with the Romans? (Byzantines as most people still erroneously call them). Keep the vanilla ones, use CBUR's or your own?
    Last edited by Keravnos; September 30, 2008 at 07:29 AM.
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

Plonkdog's Avatar Tiro

i think at first they are only doing the russians
    Dh'aindeoin co'theireadh e - Gainsay Who Dare

blya! obaldenaya rabota bratani!
    awsome work guys mod looks grate

Stephan's Avatar Campidoctor

a question to your new capitals
    does it take one or two city slots?

Yes, I know that Ishtar is spelled wrong

That Teutonic knight should be wearing a bascinet, they were smaller skull cap type helmet used to fit the greater helm in place. Without it the great helm would shake and rattle around, and would be much easier to knock off.

Apart from that all the models are absolutley amazing, they look more in place with a high spec first person shooter than a large scale real time strategy . Although this kind of worries me, does the extremley high quality of the models mean you will have to sacrifice the amount of units on the battle map?

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

amazing Teutonic Knights, looks almost like in Assassin's Creed!

omg beatiful

awesome units
    Last edited by CAPTAIN LOKI; May 16, 2009 at 07:29 PM.
    + Hospitallers, Teutonics and Templars Mod Coming Very Soon on ETW yes on ETW +

Keyser Soze's Avatar Domesticus

molodci! very nice models, one of the bests. the ideas with capital and with vilage are genious. something new and these ideas made mod interesting. what about others things titulus and so on? it would be damnum if you will not redesign others factions, i think. great work. good luck with your job.
    sorry my english.

now i read that you are not interesting in others factions so much. i know itīs long, hard work but try to redesign them, too. maybe only reskin of existing units. and try to put them any interesting ideas from game system, which are for russian factions. lithuania is necessary i think. donīt take my words bad i only try to advise you, because this mod has big power.
    Last edited by Keyser Soze; October 01, 2008 at 03:52 AM.