Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Rusichi: Total World, Introduction (Open Beta Released)

Default Re: Rusichi: Total World, introduction

Quote Originally Posted by Łukomski View Post
    Wow that's totally great +REP
    I have a question: You guys are planing to remake all of the vanilla factions which are in your mod (for example: Poland, Hungary, Byzantine Empire) and units in their rosters or are you leaving some vanilla elements?
    We don't have the time to remake all the units at first release.

So vanilla factions are actually actually going to remain mostly vanilla.

Unless, of course, somebody out there wants to contribute some units
    English 1.0 Studia Marka™

It seems there are no modelers and skinners left. Mod teams are having terrible problems in that aspect.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Tchouk View Post
    We don't have the time to remake all the units at first release.

So vanilla factions are actually actually going to remain mostly vanilla.

Unless, of course, somebody out there wants to contribute some units
    CBUR can contribute (as it does in every one that asks for)the byz units!
    Our present roster i about 1080 and after...
    Our next project is about the armies of 900-1079!
    If this great team wishes we could help!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Pavlik the Rus's Avatar Civitate

Hi team!
    А чего на твове не показываетесь?
    ЗЫ Привет Ронину и Иксрофту

Under patronage of respectable MARCVS
    Надо чаще встречаться
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58644

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

This mod is very cool. The models are awesome, specially the faces which are very well done. I like the new concepts. I always wanted to know more about this timeperiod in Russia and nearby regions. Pls release it in english.

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by Tchouk View Post
    A render of our high-poly unit
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Are you f-ing kidding me?....

So is it really a high-poly unit, or just z-brushed really well?

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

^^ holy mother of god!!

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    This mod is very cool. The models are awesome, specially the faces which are very well done. I like the new concepts. I always wanted to know more about this timeperiod in Russia and nearby regions. Pls release it in english.
    It's very important for us, that original GP of mod keep attention on history of Russia. It's result like 100%. Tomorrow we'll write and make a drawing part two.

Basileos's Avatar Decanus

uhhm...is this mod using directx10 or something?because the quality of the units is so good!

"I created disco"
    "**** Me I'm Famous"
    Al-Andalus/moorish researcher for DotS.
    Come and visite the DotS threads! : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...prune=-1&f=492

Its seems we have some real talented modelers and skinners here. My congrat again.

Protospatharios in the service of the Emperor.
    ''The world has no room for cowards. We must all be ready somehow to toil, to suffer, to die. And yours is not the less noble because no drum beats before you when you go out into your daily battlefields, and no crowds shout about your coming when you return from your daily victory or defeat.''

please you have to send me one of those skin files! I have to learn how are you guys doing that!!!!

Proud Israeli and supporter of the state of ISRAEL
    WATCH THIS AND THIS AND THIS and after that, tell me who's wrong.

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Lewagal View Post
    please you have to send me one of those skin files! I have to learn how are you guys doing that!!!!
    They give us skin to see it, its somewhere here
    MORAL

Quote Originally Posted by gogo t View Post
    They give us skin to see it, its somewhere here
    Yep. You can find it right here.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

WOW! those units are the most stunning things.....give me a download!
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Yeaah!This mod rocks the ground! Waiting for the realise!Good luck and inspiration for future work!

Teutonic Knight is better than CA!
    Your units looks better than Empire TW!

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    What would you like to know, exactly? We have a lot of historical material, and I could eventually translate any and all of it.

I want to post some information from our history expert on the Kipchak tribes (Cumans or Polovtsi specifically) - the nomadic Turkic peoples who controlled large parts of the Eurasian steppe and who had such a large impact on the history of the region.

This is translated, so I probably have a lot of the names spelled wrong, since I don't know what they would be in english.

Structure:
    By the end of the XI century, the seperate tribes had consolidated into large "hordes" with strictly divided territorial holdings of about 70— 100 thousand square kilometers. Each large tribe (horde) was lead by a Khan, who further divided each horde's territory between the clans that made up the horde - kureni, made up of many related extended families. Each of these smaller territories included a summer and winter pasture, as well as the route between them. So all the movements were contained within one's tribe and horde, a structure that allowed a strict hierarchies to be maintained; it allowed a nomadic state.

Later, as a result of constant warfare, the subsequent loss of family ties and a change in Kipchak social structure (to a more feudal one); kureni was replaced by aye'ili (a large extended family clan) in function. During those chaotic times, when hordes were constantly formed and disbanded, an aye'il was the probably the largest stable social unit.

Ranks:
    This is taken from the Codex Cumanicus

The highest rank among the Cumans was Khan ("imperator" in latin).

Next was the Soltan ("rex" in latin) - most historians believe that this was a later term, used during the Golden Horde years. Either way it, is a turkic term that meant something like "a mighty man" and all turkic tribes probably used it in some form or another.

Next is Beg (or "princep"). Heads of large pastures and the animals that went with them.

The last and least of aristocratic titles is Bay ("baron").

The "warrior" class (actually - pasture owning men) was called Koschei. I guess you could call them knights as an analogy, as they had, for example, a spare horse in battle. In reality though, everyone fought who could hold a sword, even young women . In fact, there are a couple ancient Russian myths relating to this fact, for example Dobrynya Nikitich was defeated by a Cuman warrior woman. The last sentence on the wiki page mentions it (woman warriors were called "polyanitsa")

Gear: The Cuman aristocracy had advanced arms and armor. One excavated khan tomb contained a gilded helm for example, chain mail and robes made from byzantine silk with golden thread and fur lining.

An example of a typical warrior's arms can be seen here:

It includes armor: chain with collar, greaves and vambraces with a full set of arms - spear, scimitar, bow. (And horse )

The face-plate was probably protection against arrows, since even though Cumans fought with spears the typically European cavalry lance charge was not part of their tactics.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Great infos!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

those 20 turn units better be awesomely uber, or they wont be worth the time.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari