Page 1 of 97 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Rusichi: Total World, Introduction (Open Beta Released)

Default Rusichi: Total World, Introduction (Open Beta Released)

Download:

The Russian version of
    Rusichi TW 1.0

The English Beta 0.7 of Rusichi

Update: concepts and renders.
    Update: animation render
    Update: concept -> render -> video
    Update: screenshots part 1
    Update: screenshots part 2
    Update: Game Play preview
    Update: script, one on one fight

Hello people!

This might be sort of out the blue, but we've been working on a total conversion mod for quite some time now, and it is almost ready to be released (80-90% finished)

The reason we haven't really posted anything about it before has to do with the fact that the mod is completely about russian history, and we're mostly making it for russian gamers. The mod will be, in fact, released in about two weeks on russian forums and (after I translate everything and subsequently get the bugs out ) sometime later on these forums, if people are interested.

Short description:
    The mod is titled "Rusichi: Total World" and takes place between 1157-1350. You play one of three bickering, divided russian kingdoms of the time: Kiev, Novgorod or Suzdal'. The goal of the mod is to unite the three kingdoms, surmounting many difficulties not least of which are mongolian hordes and civil war.

Highlights:

- Units: We've completely reworked the line-up for all three playable factions. Most of the units were made from the ground up by our art guys (Ronin and Lance) and those units are, simply put, awesome.

But besides the models and art, one of our scripters (Vint) has spent a lot of time trying to rework and rebalance their parameters - don't expect the usual vanilla fighting.

- Strat map:

A lot of time and thought went into creating a better map. And not just in terms of the actual map (which is obviusly new): we've included a bunch of innovative, game-play-changing (we hope ) features. The three big ones:

1) Villages. These take the form of the minimal allowed (3x3) regions on the map (inside bigger regions) with a level one town (un-upgradeable). They form a significant part of your budget (lots of them), but are very hard to defend. Besides that, the AI has a (scripted) strong desire to take them from you. So sitting behind stone walls while the enemy lays waste to the countryside is no longer really an option.
    2) Capitals. A completly new type of capital, and not just in terms of the model; a new concept:

-First version, concept testing:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The castle is inside town walls! And yes, the only way you can reach it is by going through the town. The capital and town merge to become one unit. And since it becomes so difficult to take, the capital in our mod is proportionally important with it's loss practically equating to game-over.

The updated in-game version:
    (render)

How it looks in game:

3) New strat models
    . This doesn't effect the game-play but we've reworked the strat models for all major cultures, the towns for Russia and a few other bits and pieces.

Strat model concepts:

-Game play:
    Our second scripter, Svarogych, has done some major work on very many aspects of the game play. Which include:

1)Civil war:
    when your faction leader dies, your heir isn't very good and the kingdom is large enough (>15 regions) your kingdom splits in two, with some of your less loyal and/or happy regions becoming a very hostile shadow-fraction. So not only do you now have to unite all of Russia, you have real rebels to deal with. Real angry rebels. Micro-managing the family tree becomes very interesting and important
    2)The three factions. We've tried making the game-play for all three factions unique, (the "sameness" really bothered me in Vanilla) while keeping them balanced. The economy (and build tree) is different for each, for exapmle. Novgorod relies very heavily on trade and merchants and have the strongest/best-equiped militia. Suzdal' is oriented towards agriculture with it's advantages and disadvantages. Kiev is somwhere in the middle, but have the strongest church build-tree, with the last level church available only for Kiev in it's one capital (which is also Kiev )
    3) A lot of units are region based and the line-up is different for each faction. Those regions with unique units suddenly become very important.
    4)Updated, smarter Mongol invasion. They appear at about half-way through, just as you're thinking this maybe isn't so hard, and they just about rip you a new one.

And the mod is hard. So much so, that we
    plan to hold a competition on our russian forum on who can beat it the fastest (with fabulous prizes!). And maybe even on these forums, if there is enough interest and we find the money to ship prizes . The usual game style we're used to in Total War just wont work, forget it, and all the prices have been balanced so that you can't just build things without thinking "do I really need this?" - money is ever in short supply. I'm betting that beating it first-time through is impossible (which was sort of the point) - I mean, I couldn't do it and I'm part of the team developoping the darned thing.
    Last edited by Tchouk; March 11, 2009 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Download link
    English 1.0 Studia Marka™

Bernem's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Rusichi: Total World, introduction

very impressing there

Very very impresive is it in Russian?

gobbothegreen's Avatar Miles

Really nice you got my intrest

Nakharar look in the first bitof the post.

Amazing concept
    the capital thing is really well thought

btw can you show us more units? that would be great
    you also speak of a russian forum, so could you provide it?

Really good

some quistion:

1 is it also possible to play as the ather faction and for axample try to build a great georgian, hungarian or swedisch empire for example?

2 Will some new regions be added cause i see some faction are 1 provinces and can not expand so taking them will be extermination.

3 If the russain version is done can you also pot it here i dont mind playing a game in russain played enough TW so i know which things i shoud pick

4 Will there be also taken care o the ather actions like poland given them new units and new charecters ect i not you planning that in later releases?

very very looking forward 2 this
    Last edited by firekiller; August 25, 2008 at 03:28 PM.

Wow, that mod sounds very interesting, good luck
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Tchouk View Post
    if people are interested
    Don't bother asking, translate it and deliver it! It looks really awesome! The team has done an astounding job, поздравления.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

The new agent strat models look outstanding.

I commend you! That truly is fantastic work.

sweet good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Lebre View Post
    Amazing concept
    the capital thing is really well thought

btw can you show us more units? that would be great
    you also speak of a russian forum, so could you provide it?
    We decided to use our own forum - located at www.markagame.ru/forum - the public section of which I'm in the process of filling.

Quote Originally Posted by firekiller View Post
    Really good

some quistion:

1 is it also possible to play as the ather faction and for axample try to build a great georgian, hungarian or swedisch empire for example?

2 Will some new regions be added cause i see some faction are 1 provinces and can not expand so taking them will be extermination.

3 If the russain version is done can you also pot it here i dont mind playing a game in russain played enough TW so i know which things i shoud pick

4 Will there be also taken care o the ather actions like poland given them new units and new charecters ect i not you planning that in later releases?

very very looking forward 2 this
    - The game-play and balance was modified for three factions (which was hard enough ). The other, surrounding, factions aren't very interesting to play for (Vanilla modified just enough so that they aren't too easy or hard) - we do plan to expand the number of "unique" factions, but at some later version of the mod.

- There are no factions with 1 region and the map is completely new, so new regions are obviously there.

- Later releases

mega cool great awesome
    i have no words to decripe how cool this mod
    Наконецто отличный мод про Русь

good luck
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

< Shved >'s Avatar Tiro

Looking great!

Все таки русские мододелы лучшие
    Creator of Third Age Total War from M2TW:Kingdoms

"The battle for Middle-earth, has begun..."

This looks very promising, I really hope it will be translated into english. And oh boy oh boy those russian peasants look amazing.

The Bronze boy's Avatar Civis
    Brisbane, not that tiny thing in california, the moderatly larger one in queensland.

Oh my god this looks amazing, I only wish my computer would let me play total war mods
    within us all there is a flicker
    And through our lives
    we must turn it into a fire
    If not it will all be extinguished

Quote Originally Posted by herbsman View Post
    This looks very promising, I really hope it will be translated into english. And oh boy oh boy those russian peasants look amazing.
    Those aren't in-game peasants

That was a proof-of-concept made from a high-poly model.

We don't have the time to make all our units (replacing vanilla as well) like that before release, it takes a lot of time for even one, so it's something to look forward to in later releases

Screenshots of actual units tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Tchouk View Post
    Screenshots of actual units tomorrow!
    nice

Holy mother of god ...look at those unit models ! Superb work guys.

Page 1 of 97 12345678910112651 ... LastLast