Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: TTW 4.50 modfolder edition (Most up-to-date version)

Default Re: TTW 4.50 modfolder edition

This is one of my favourite mods (and I have a lot of mods)! Thank you for a modfolder version.

madrush's Avatar Senator

one of my favs too next to stainless steel

i have succesfully installed the TTW 4.50 mod. But when i clicked on the Trojan war button, the game said "please select a menu item". Then i ve returned the main menu and some error message written on the screen. I took a pic of the screen. Could you help me to resolve the problem???

You have not installed it on version 1.6 of BI.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Nuada View Post
    confirmed that this will not overwrite any vanilla files
    Hmm...then I need to figure out what's going on, because every time I install this, my other mods quit working.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang View Post
    You have not installed it on version 1.6 of BI.
    Could you give me the link for the BI 1.6 download and installation?

Quote Originally Posted by kkaana View Post
    Could you give me the link for the BI 1.6 download and installation?
    Just type "rome total war barbarina invasion patch 1.6" into google and you will get a number of sites you can download from.

madrush's Avatar Senator

I'll admitt this is not a bad mod at all. A complete makeover of a map, new units, characters, and everything else...an equivalent to stainless steel , but for RTW:BI. 10.1 out of a possible 10.

Why thank you, hopefully you will be interested in our expansion too (link in sig).

madrush's Avatar Senator

EXPANSION!!! what is it?...What is it based off of?...Where is the LINK?

It is called Aristeia Total War. We hope to get our first front page info announcement up later today. It is still in development, so keep your hair on lol. Due for release around the same time as Empire.

madrush's Avatar Senator

can not wait... so what are and era is it based off of?

Please see the Aristeia thread

I have the same error of kkaana but I have all patched correctly install and a clean install Barbarian invasion. That simply doesn’t work, someone can help?

Quote Originally Posted by Zekal View Post
    I have the same error of kkaana but I have all patched correctly install and a clean install Barbarian invasion. That simply doesn’t work, someone can help?
    You need to patch BI to v1.6 before installing TTW.

Like i said, I have ALL the patch including barbarien invasion 1.6 but that dosen't work, *script error in ttw/data/world/maps/campaigne/barbarien_invasion/descr_strat,text, at line 25 colum 1.*

I have reinstal all the wole game two time whit all the patch but that dosen't work. I realy want to play this mod! thanks for the help.

Just to check your process:

1) Install RTW
    2) Install BI
    3) Install 1.6 patch
    4) Install TTW modfolder edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekal View Post
    Like i said, I have ALL the patch including barbarien invasion 1.6 but that dosen't work, *script error in ttw/data/world/maps/campaigne/barbarien_invasion/descr_strat,text, at line 25 colum 1.*
    Make sure your file structure is correct. Like, you're installing the Troy TW folder in the 'Rome - Total War' folder, and not the 'Barbarian-Invasion' folder.
    Then make sure that you do not have 'two layers' of Troy folders. By that I mean, you should have a single folder named 'TTW', containing the mod. Within it should be four folders, 'custom, data, preferences, and saves.' If this is the case, you've installed correctly.
    If however, you have a folder named 'Troy TW', and within it you have another folder named TTW, and then within TTW you have the four folders mentioned above (custom, data, preferences, and saves), then this is your problem. Having the extra folder in the file structure corrupts all the references within the mod, and will result in errors similiar to the one you're having.
    This is a confusing post, but I tried my best to be clear. Good luck sorting this out.

Thanks for the rapid answer, I will reinstall all the game and try to do again step by step! I will let you know if it is working! ^^ ((in 30 minutes XD)

Wouaaaaaa! You make a little Canadian man happy! The error was my “Barbarian invasion” I have buy a new one just for the mod! And I don’t regret it! This mod is damn good! I must applaud your work and I will be one of the first to download Aristeia mod! Troy is a really good mod, thanks for your work, thanks for your answer and thanks for your support!

(By the way, I’m happy those mod is on Rome Total War, Medieval 2 is not something I love, and the Rome Engine is already good indeed.)