Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 35 bucks!!!????

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

Default 35 bucks!!!????

i recently got into this game because it looked interesting, had a good open demo, and i kept on seeing people talking about how it was $14-18. now i decide to buy it, and to my jack dropping amazement it is $35!

is there anyway to buy an older version of the game for less then $20? all u people who bought it back then get to upgrade it for free anyway.
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Re: 35 bucks!!!????

Why would they let you buy an older version for $20 if you were then allowed to upgrade it free?

We early purchasers are rewarded for funding the development of the game and buying when it wasn't 1/4 the game it is now.

I paid $15 for version .5 something I believe, a few years back.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Indeed,seeing as the game goes gold in about a month the price is close to if not retail level now.

It's still quite cheap for a (full) game.
    You get just as much - and more - gameplay with this game as any other game at $70.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Awesome!!!

I just bought M&B like a few days ago and it was $25. W00t! Good timing I guess.
    Blut und Boden

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

I bought it when it was 15$.
    Money well spent IMO and it helped develop a great game.

yeah but alot of the information saying it was $18 was only about 6 months old or so.

as Aetius says, withen a week it jumped $10. is that really defendable? considering the current version is already over a month old?

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Makoy View Post
    as Aetius says, withen a week it jumped $10. is that really defendable? considering the current version is already over a month old?
    I mean, it's their game, they could charge $200 for it if they really wanted to.

You would still be getting it $5 less than 1.0
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Eveno so, it is rather lame how they changed the price, without changing the version.
    Blut und Boden

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    I mean, it's their game, they could charge $200 for it if they really wanted to.

You would still be getting it $5 less than 1.0
    except considering the amount of polish it still lacks, it is hardly worth $35 at this stage. by the time the finished product comes out, it might be worth $40, but at this time, there's still work that needs to be done on the SFX, the annimations. and y do towns people run everywhere?

and when u consider that every review out there, even within 6 months, is saying wat a value it is, and u find out its twice the price, its quite a sticker shock. considering this is a pretty independant project, that is something they should be avoiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Makoy View Post
    yeah but alot of the information saying it was $18 was only about 6 months old or so.

Tell you what if it was really that bad to pay $35 right now, finish the game and try some of the countless mods then if you still think the game wasn't worth the discount you got it for I'll give you the extra 10 bucks

Nutsack's Avatar Primicerius

$14 when I bought it.

i'll prolly end up getting it just to get the discount from the 1.0. hopefully the game will continue to be improve upon after that point as well. they've got a real winning strategy, they just need to keep going on it.

I'll put 10 on it!

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

12 dollars here

TemplarLord's Avatar Ordinarius

The whole project was bought by Paradox and they have to get money somehow from their investment, only logical to raise the price since v1.0 will be out soon

Paradox is just the publisher, they are responsible for the creation and shipping of the games CDs and boxes they did not buy the project.

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

I bought it for $22. It has always been very well known that the price rises with each release. What can I say, MaKoy? You snooze, you lose.

...and the current version is well worth $35.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

bought it 3 years ago for 12 bucks. I feel $35 is very reasonable for the product you're getting today, not to mention the free mods that come with the game. Amazon is currently selling the game at $30 so you must not be using USD: http://www.amazon.com/Mount-Blade-Pc...9470921&sr=1-1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast