Thread: How to play from 1453 to 1964

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

Default How to play from 1453 to 1964

I heard you could play EU 3 then somehow transfer the save into Viky then up to 1936 and then transfer the save to HOI 2 Doomsday and up to 1964?

Anyone done it? How?
    Does it take too much to load?

Also
    When I play HOI 2 Doomsday after around 1945 the game laggs.
    It goes fast fast and when it's midnight i.e. 00 hours it stops for couple of seconds and then goes fast fast again... then next day it stops for couple of secs and so on
    Anyone has it? How to get rid of it?

Thanks
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: How to play from 1453 to 1964

There are speciall save converters for this (CK-EU3-Viky-HOI2).
    Never used one though.
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

1399 you mean

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

John I Tzimisces...I know for a fact has an Armenia game that he played from Crusader Kings all the way through Europa Universalis 2 and all the way through Victoria and then through Hearts of Iron 2.

I think the converters to and from EU3 are still a WIP as they might have bugs in them that put countries in weird places.

Edit: And you can start in 1399 but if you take it from CK 1453 is better because CK ends in 1452.

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

There are speciall save converters for this (CK-EU3-Viky-HOI2).
    Never used one though
    Not sure about CK, but yea I heard about the convertion from last 3

1399 you mean
    I never played CK so... 1453 )))

think the converters to and from EU3 are still a WIP as they might have bugs in them that put countries in weird places
    WIP?

Btw, anyone answer the 2nd question???:hmmm:
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

..That's normal

The AI and other calculations (and most everything else) are updated, the same thing occurs monthly. It's simply what the game does..

The reason it's more noticeable after a decade of play, of course, is because there is more of everything. More trade deals, more units, more ghost fleets, more countries (or less, depending) which in turn creates more ( or less ) of everything..

Annex the Soviet Union, or the USA, or Germany, and you will notice your game speed up. In some cases (such as annexing the Soviet Union and Britain) the game will actually be faster in 1948, than 1938 (provided of course you do your cleaning up the save file [deleting all trade deals, and the history])
    Last edited by mike^_^; August 25, 2008 at 12:56 AM.

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

WIP = Work in Progress

I think one of the CK to EU3 converters would put nations in weird places...like Trebizond in the British Isles...and stuff like that.

And last time I checked there wasn't even a working EU3 to Vicky converter...might be one now. Haven't checked.

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangir View Post
    I never played CK so... 1453 )))
    1399 is not from CK but from the EU3 expansion "In Nomine".
    CK starts alot earlier.
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

Spart's Avatar Senator

I think Vicky Revolutions has an option to convert your save game after you finish the campaign, so that should work pretty well.
    For EU3-->Vicky, you'll have to rely on fan-made stuff. See this:
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=287608
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

u can certainly export ur save from vicky to hoi2 - thats built into the game, when u reach the end of a vicky campaign it asks u if u wanna export the game to hoi2.

there is not a fully working eu3 to vicky converter however. i heard the only working one has most stuff outside of europe completely uninhabited, which is a shame cos i too would have liked to have played a game all the way thru from eu3 to end of hoi2 The one in the link above apparently has several major issues if u wanna play a proper game of vicky from an eu3 game.

also, my austrian campaign on vicky (to be found on the AAR section of the circus section), its conversion to hoi2 was corrupted..everytime i try to convert its corrupted and doesnt come up in hoi2 as a game i can load
    Last edited by Carach; August 25, 2008 at 12:40 PM.

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

The AI and other calculations (and most everything else) are updated, the same thing occurs monthly. It's simply what the game does..

The reason it's more noticeable after a decade of play, of course, is because there is more of everything. More trade deals, more units, more ghost fleets, more countries (or less, depending) which in turn creates more ( or less ) of everything..

Annex the Soviet Union, or the USA, or Germany, and you will notice your game speed up. In some cases (such as annexing the Soviet Union and Britain) the game will actually be faster in 1948, than 1938 (provided of course you do your cleaning up the save file [deleting all trade deals, and the history])
    God, what can i do? I already have an advanced laptop...
    I don't want to annex people... I want to liberate Africa (puppet but Africa) and stuff
    And how to delete trade deals and the history???
    Royaume de France