Thread: ORDERS AND BODYGUARDS MOD FOR SS 6.1

Oddball_E8's Avatar Senator
    in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

Default ORDERS AND BODYGUARDS MOD FOR SS 6.1

ok, so heres the mod, but remade for only SS 6.1 (but you must have RR installed)

heres the readme for all of you who dont know what this mod is (wich is quite a few id imagine)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Orders and Bodyguards mod v1.3 (for Stainless Steel 6.1) by Oddball_E8

WHAT IT DOES:

this mod does two things.

First, it changes the way the chapterhouses of the Teutonic order and Templar order work.

Templar and Teutonic Houses now produce the following units

Templars Teutonic Hospitaller(not implemented yet)

Chapter House: Chapter House: Chapter house:
    Templar Squires Christ Knights
    Sword Brethren

Major Chapter House: Major Chapter House: Major Chapter House:
    Templar Sergeants Sword Brethren
    Templar Confrere Knights Halbbruder
    Dismounted Halbbruder

Templars HQ: Teutonic HQ: Hospitaller HQ:
    Templar Sergeants Sword Brethren
    Templar Confrere Knights Halbbruder
    Knights Templar Dismounted Halbbruder
    Dismounted Knights Templar Ritterbruder
    Dismounted Ritterbruder

Secondly, it changes alot of the northern european bodyguard units.

Country Early Late
    Denmark Dismounted Huscarls NE Late Bodyguard
    Norway Dismounted Huscarls --
    England Dismounted Feudal Knights NE Late Bodyguard
    Byzantium Varangian Guard --
    Templars & Jerusalem Knights Templar --
    Teutonic Order Ritterbruder --
    Ireland Lords Retinue NE Late Bodyguard
    Poland Polish Nobles NE Late Bodyguard
    France, Scotland, HRE, Hungary Feudal Knights NE Late Bodyguard
    All Muslim Countries ME Late Bodyguard --

Miscellanious Fixes and Tweaks:

(V 0.9) Removed Mounted Huscarls (since huscarls never fought mounted, also gives me one more slot for the polish bodyguard)
    (V 0.9) Changed skins on the Viking Mercenarys (changed from Kievan skin to merc skin)
    *(V 0.9) Added a port to the castle of Bergen (norway should have a port from the start... theyre vikings for crying out loud!)
    (V 0.9) Modified the costs for bodyguard units (i forgot to change them so the new ones used the standard costs, wich meant really expensive bodyguard units)
    (V 0.9) Fixed the Norwegian Templar units (i missed their skins in the modeldb file so they showed up all silvery)
    (v 1.1) changed norse archers and retinue longbowmen (increased norse archers secondary attack since they "have a taste for close combat" and lowered retinue longbowmen since noone should have attack 5 and charge 4 using knifes!)
    (v 1.1) added shieldwall ability to viking mercenarys (why not? all other vikings have it)
    (v 1.1) added shieldwall ability to all professional spearmen units
    (v 1.3) adapted for use with SS 6.1 (wich included the removal of alot of my earlier changes)
    (v 1.3) added phalanx ability to scots pike militia

*not yet implemented in this version, but easy to implement by yourself.

INSTALLATION:

First install Stainless Steel 6.1 (remembering to tick off the boxes for RR and removing BYG II supply system)
    then just extract the content into your Stainless Steel/data folder and overwrite everything. Remember to keep the filestructure

/Oddball_E8

ORDERS AND BODYGUARD MOD FOR SS 6.1

EDIT: just to avoid any confusion, im not uploading this because of the discussion im having in the PP thread... this has been done for a while now, but i havent had the time to upload it... but now i thought i might as well
    Last edited by Oddball_E8; August 23, 2008 at 05:52 PM.
    addicted modder... but crap at it

Default Re: ORDERS AND BODYGUARDS MOD FOR SS 6.1

Looks nice oddball,downloading now,is it possible to change some of the mistakes and adds that ryu made in perfectly polished? i mean ive seen alot of mistakes..moors archers have 12 missle ability for example which was a major pain as ive had to abandon my spanish campain,and id personally prefer my kingdoms to be called KINGDOMS!!! not soverignities or whateva,i think he made to many personal changes to the mod and dabbled in the rewritting of so many things that i think is best left up to the player to change if he so wishes.

in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

youll have to find out how to do that by yourself (like i did) since those are too many and too specific for me to do...

Is this mod SSTC compatibile?

Disastras's Avatar Civis

Cool. I was wondering if this was going to ever be for Stainless Steel, or if you were going to keep it for PP alone. Glad to see its for everyone. Thanks!

for now its not SSTC compatible... i might release a compatible version later... we'll see..