Factions are:
    Woestelingh: Romans
    Delvecchio1975: Carthaginians
    Xavier Dragnesi: Pontus
    Jingle_Bombs: Ptolemaic
    (?): Greeks
    Finn: Iberia
    decimator22: Gauls

We need someone to play the greeks as ivanelme suddenly dissaperead. Don't worry they have gotten 2 macedonian cities and are in the green. So we are looking for someone.
    Last edited by decimator22; October 04, 2008 at 09:14 AM.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Default Re: Hotseat

Seems interesting......did you play in the Augustus campaign? and if you did how did it go?

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

Yes I did its going fine there just some hard coded stuff that's anoying like if the someone attacks u u can't decide to stay or flee the AI will for u.

hmm what exactly is a hotseat? is it like a campaign with different players?
    all playing a different faction or all ruling together?

Every player control 1 faction or more factions depends on the rules u have. Yes its a campaign with different players.

hmm, how do you do that, practically? sounds interesting, but you play all at the same time or you pass around a savegame or something? and then what about battles?
    (sorry to be so ignorant but it sounds interesting thats why)

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

If you click on his sig you'll get some info on how it works.

sounds cool! only thing that i'm afraid of is the autoresolve, im currently f.ex. in a gaul campain and every time i autoresolve i lose more or less 7 times as many soldiers as the AI, even with elite armies... eg. i siege a town with a full stack (+/-1500 soldiers), those romans have 300 man in defense, i autoresolve and i lose! and i lose 950 of my men, while the AI only loses about 200 or something... and when I attack on the battlefield i only lose 200-300...

so that might piss people off after a while if you play one of the factions that has disadvantageous autoresolve stats...

but otherwise: i'm in

Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post
    sounds cool! only thing that i'm afraid of is the autoresolve, im currently f.ex. in a gaul campain and every time i autoresolve i lose more or less 7 times as many soldiers as the AI, even with elite armies... eg. i siege a town with a full stack (+/-1500 soldiers), those romans have 300 man in defense, i autoresolve and i lose! and i lose 950 of my men, while the AI only loses about 200 or something... and when I attack on the battlefield i only lose 200-300...

so that might piss people off after a while if you play one of the factions that has disadvantageous autoresolve stats...

but otherwise: i'm in
    What difficulty lvl were u playing? and were going to need more people.

VH/VH, i didnt know that that affected the autoresolve so much
    and more people, i m sure by tomorrow more of our regulars will have read this
    and if not, you could pm some
    Jamey, Wien1938, Delvecchio1975, Caldarium, (I'm sure I forgot some) are pretty active on this subforum so I'm quite sure they want to be in.

If u play battles in very hard the AI will get +7 attack, defense and morale bonusses taht's why u lost so many troops. in the battlemap u can still rout it.

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

i'm in, but would it work in ExRM? I used it a few times in RTRPE, but there's no other scripts running IIRC .... if it doesn't work for ExRM we can always simply do it in RTRPE ....

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

I think it would work. Though if you do it I suggest you select medium/medium difficulty, so that the autoresolve isn't biased.

and of course i suggest people also don't use cheats like add_money

Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post
    and of course i suggest people also don't use cheats like add_money
    aaaw maaaaan!

so, who's rockin'?

sounds interesting, I'd be down for doing this.

Problem is, especially in this version of the game, if the barbarians can't fight manually against their civilized opponents, they'll be crushed. Like Woestelingh said before, they tend to lose so many more troops then say, the Romans in the same battle, it'll be impossible for them to fight a campaign against them (them being the civilized folks).

The only correction I can think to that would be a multiplayer battle, which might be a logistical nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateinshowing View Post
    Problem is, especially in this version of the game, if the barbarians can't fight manually against their civilized opponents, they'll be crushed. Like Woestelingh said before, they tend to lose so many more troops then say, the Romans in the same battle, it'll be impossible for them to fight a campaign against them (them being the civilized folks).
    yea, but i realised now that the roman troops, being better armoured and all, probably WERE superior and in the end, of course, the romans did crush most of the barbarians... so i'm willing to take the risk of playing as Gaul!

one more thing, i guess we need an unscripted game for this, without scripted reinforcements for the greeks, romans and ptolies etc?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast