Thread: Several Questions...

technishn08's Avatar Decanus

Default Several Questions...

Hi! I've just downloaded and installed the 2.3 version. Its great, but I'm playing as Ireland, and the faction doesn't seem "finished." Many of the units aren't done yet. Like, I go to the unit description, and there is a picture of a peasent. So is the 2.4 version out yet? If it is, I can't find it... If someone could post a link (granted that the version has been released), that would be great! Also, the cities and castles have really high public order. Not that I'm complaining, but like, a city without any governor, and only one unit of spearmen or something with 150% public order? It just seems a little odd... Its still a great mod though. Lots of fun. Thanks for your help!

Tech
    Is it not worthy of tears that, when the number of worlds is infinite, we have not yet become lords of a single one?-Alexander the Great

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Several Questions...

To be honest I inherited this mod by attrition about this time last year. I'll try to answer your questions and concerns as best as I can. I have found limitations in the hardcode that make it rough on a campaign if you're one of those that wants to conquer the whole map.
    1. There is a version 2.4 but it is in worse shape the old modder added more factions without finishing these first.
    2. Finished units are in the future but I have found enough map problems that need attention especially to get the ai to move without bribing it.
    3. I still have a copy of 2.4 and will have to update the link. Thank you for letting me know that one is dead.
    4. It's been a while since I played a campaign (other obligations) but I don't remember a high public order. Be something to look into.

Thank you for your feedback.

technishn08's Avatar Decanus

No problem. Also, I have another question about the mod. Basically what I want to add the Byzantine Enhancement Mod v.1.4 by Imperator_Maximus onto the mod. I think it would be really cool to play as the upgraded Byzantines with the BigMap. However, I try to sort of "combine" them by copying over the "export_descr_unit.txt" and the "export_descr_buildings.txt." files from the Byzantine mod to the Regions mod, and the whole thing just gets messed up. The game starts up ok, but then when I try to start the Grand Campaign, it brings me back to the menu screen. I've backed everything up, so my question isn't about how to fix this, but my question is about whether there is anything I can do to actually combine these two mods and play with the upgraded Byzantine unit roster on the BigMap.

Thanks!
    Is it not worthy of tears that, when the number of worlds is infinite, we have not yet become lords of a single one?-Alexander the Great

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

To do a combine of that magnitude right, especially for battles and campaign, you're going to need a program like Ultra Compare or Compare and Merge so you can see both files side by side. also need a good editor with a good search feature so you can find all the entries. Not only do the export_descr_buildings.txt and export_descr_units.txt but also the export_units.txt and all the animation folders including the battle_models.modeldb.

Test each unit as you go so if you oops you know where. Delete the map.rwm or the new animations won't show up.