Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: XAI V3.4 for Pro Deo Et Rege Very Soon!

Default Re: Am I alone in this or........

I don't follow........I've always just double-clicked the mods icon on my desktop? thats wrong I guess

I would'nt turn up mate
    Last edited by Jekyll; October 20, 2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention
    Jekyll and Hyde

I am no threat but Hyde is (minus the fangs), don't provoke my darkside, you have been warned

My specs: Chronic Migraine Sufferer, Epileptic (Complex Partial Seizures), Multiple Personality Disorders

FEAR Fansite

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I don't follow

I would'nt turn up mate
    LOL! Well yes, I probably wouldn't either..

The batch file.. How did you install this mod originally? Let me simplify - I presume there is an icon for Darth Ages on your desktop? Check the properties and tell me what the path says.
    Last edited by Phil Stanbridge; October 20, 2008 at 04:14 PM.

I've been in a total mess really with my installs, I was playing or trying to play PDER and SS.61 and DLV, not all with this AI as I am too worried that they will not work, I have had nothing but ctd's before I reach turn 50 so therefore have never completed a Campaign, hard to believe but true....

So lets take PDER, when it was working, now it does not and that is with the latest patch too

Anyway I would install PDER and then the patch, then this AI by extracting the files to the data folder and overwriting the files there, I have also done it another way by extracting the files to the desktop and then copying and pasting them to the data folder, overwriting again.

Maybe its bloody Vista, but I can no longer play it on XP as the performance of the game is dire to say the least but when it does work on Vista it is really nice and smooth

I'd love to do that but I have in a fit of anger with myself and the PC uninstalled the mod as I do have Darth Ages also, I now have to reinstall DA before I can tell you this, sorry

Jekyll
    Last edited by Jekyll; October 20, 2008 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to add
    Jekyll and Hyde

I am no threat but Hyde is (minus the fangs), don't provoke my darkside, you have been warned

My specs: Chronic Migraine Sufferer, Epileptic (Complex Partial Seizures), Multiple Personality Disorders

FEAR Fansite

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Sorry, I am on the road, and will be able to help later..in a couple of hours.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Its not a problem Xeryx, in your own time I am sure Phil won't mind trying to sort me out with this for now, or do you Phil? I can be a pain in the ........

At least it will give me time to reinstall DA

I should have got more organized before posting, typical me posting before he thinks

Just popping away to install DA
    Jekyll and Hyde

FEAR Fansite

No problem mate just chillax

It doesn't matter what mod you're playing - the batch file needs a certain line of text. This is what Xeryx was saying with IO FILES FIRST. If that isn't mentioned in the batch file then it wont work properly.

Well I just installed DA but only just saw version 8.1 oh no must I begin again?

Will I never learn = no
    Jekyll and Hyde

FEAR Fansite

Well 8.1 is far better than previous releases so yes, make it so. Naimad is about to release a new version too, although I'm not sure when, he said it was due over the weekend just gone.

Ok I just got all the downloads, and I take it that I only need to add the update 8.1? as I have 8.0 installed

I want to be sure this is correct
    Jekyll and Hyde

FEAR Fansite

Ok here is what it says in the batch file for DA:

cd ..\..
    kingdoms.exe --io.file_first @mods\DarthAges\DarthAges.cfg

I see the io.file_first there, so I am assuming this is correct, however, I just tried DA and I could load and play a Custom Battle, but on trying to start a Campaign, I chose my faction and then the difficulties vh/vh, then clicked start, but half way loading a ctd hit me.

No idea why and what it was, there was also nothing in the log file, completely blank

Sorry I cannot be of anymore help, but that is all it does, this is version 8.1 of DA and the AI mod, nothing else installed, just all the files from the DA 8.1 thread, knowing me I have put something in I should'nt have, I just need the error pointing out to me, if anyone may know
    Jekyll and Hyde

FEAR Fansite

MiiKLL's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: New PDER XAI (bai and cai) TEST THREAD

I will be starting the campaign as soon as I can....still playing with the XBAI....found a couple of new things I think....pm me or MSN...

"Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

did you delete the geography files when you unpacked the files?
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

yes I did that, thing is that in the DA folder there is no geography file at all :hmmm:I can only play Custom Battles with DA for now
    Jekyll and Hyde

FEAR Fansite

Curious! For what it's worth I didn't delete any files before I installed DA either. But you could try unisntalling the mod, then physically removing the folders it leaves behind before starting again? Maybe there are conflicts somewhere perhaps - you do have a lot of mods installed.

What are these 'Geography' files? You mean the old map files etc?

Edit - Just read you have nothing else installed. Now I'm curious as to why it doesn't work. I used to get CTD's at exactly the point you mention but I can't remember how I resolved it - I *think* I deleted some temp files somewhere if memory serves, maybe it is these geography files after all.
    Last edited by Phil Stanbridge; October 21, 2008 at 02:59 AM.

Well Phil I can only say that the geography file/s is the one that appears in the data folder, but you'll know that, great knack of stating the obvious I have sorry but I've noticed each mod has 1 and when I put DA in and updated it suddenly no geography file, but the weird thing was that I could play a custom battle, I was under the impression that if I can't play one then the other would'nt work either, meaning Custom/Campaign, but to be able to play one but not the other to me is odd, then again I know nothing of these things, I just try to install mods and play, but it looks like I can't even do that maybe its not me and I should blame Vista

On a sidenote, I installed the AI mod into DLV and the game works fine, but I can't comment on the AI yet as on turn 6 and I have not had a battle yet, but when I do I will post about it.

I will try as you said though to uninstall and then reinstall DA and see what happens.....fingers crossed for success this time.
    Last edited by Jekyll; October 21, 2008 at 03:55 AM.
    Jekyll and Hyde

FEAR Fansite

The geography files are from when you unpack the files. This is what I would do.

Delete the mod. Then re-unpack the med 2 and a kingdoms campaign. delete the map geography file from the med2 data folder.

Then reinstall DA. Delete the map.rwm so it generates a new one in DA can't remember what folder.

But here is something important. Go load up a game of med 2 once you unpack. Make sure it works.
    Then test Kingdoms
    then once DA is installed test it before any changes.

I will do that Xeryx, thanks

Trouble is that I had had so much of it, that I have deleted all mods and files that I could find, and now have a 1.5 version installed of Med2, only thing is I thought I read somewhere that one mod out there does change some files from the original game, maybe I am wrong there, but I could have sworn that one mod does, anyway, I am in a mess with it all at present

So not sure whether to wipe the slate clean and uninstall the whole game completely or to just take a chance and install a mod and see what happens.

I guess any sound advice would be to uninstall the lot and begin afresh.

I'm not sure now but whatever I do I will do as you have said

Cheers

Jekyll
    Jekyll and Hyde

FEAR Fansite

I don't think you will need a fresh install, just go and see if the Med 2 and Kingdoms work. If they don't then do a fresh install. But check those geography files in the main data directory. They are what prevent a campaing from running. If there are other crashes, then reinstall.

Right ok, Medieval 2 works and so does Kingdoms, so no problems there thank goodness

I am about to install DA I got it from your sig Xeryx is that right and then the 8.1 update on top? Just would like to get it confirmed that I am installing it correctly
    Jekyll and Hyde

FEAR Fansite

Unpack your files while you are DL. make sure you turn off your antivirus for the download. Scan it afterwards