Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: XAI V3.4 for Pro Deo Et Rege Very Soon!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: PDER Reporting beta 2, Bug Reporting

I will check to see if that file, has the error fixed for the family tree bug. I got so wrapped up BAI, I may have forgotten to update those files. That is probably what happened for the demise of that empire. I am but just one man, and we have a small team.

The open field battles, should be 50/50 for the normal person on VH.

I am re-working many things in the PDER campaign. Gigantus updated the older CAI with the newer BAI. It will be much better, in the next revision. Now that we can count on balanced battles, to happen. Logical values can be used, instead of biased numbers due to a lame battle system. I am also balanncing the Auto-resolve again..in fact I may go back to vanilla values. It was biased also.

If you wan tot fix the birthrate issue, just change the number of children to four, in the campaign_ai_db.xml file.

I will also make sure in the next revision to balance the open battles to be even more biased to the AI!

Seriously though, that's the way it should be, for such a Superior general as yourself.

BTW thank you for registering!! I am glad to see more people coming out!!
    Last edited by xeryx; September 24, 2008 at 03:41 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

RaduAlexandru's Avatar Civis

Thx for the quick answer .. well i am a miserable army commander in my opinion this is why i do apreciate the Ai in siges [plus i realy realy dislike playing the battles in sige mode .. ] but i do think the AI should be a bit more adept on the field [thou i think until empire tw will be released with it's new AI there will really be no cure to the inept AI] -- however i think in PDER the AI should also be that much more agressive against the human player if possible and i think that one cure for the incompetent AI and the huge diplomacy[all the major western factions were allyed with echother basicly] could be making the pope very .. ermmm nasty .. and also makeing geting alliances with factions who have a border with you almost imposible .. i think for ex if in my case with Genoa i would not be able to get more than trade rights from HRE and Venice i would have been in a spot of bother to say so .. Also if the pope would not make alliances with any faction it would be that much better .. why well .. they AI doesn't usualy even try to get allied with the pope so the human player has a huge advantage ..

RaduAlexandru's Avatar Civis

Ah .. well i almost forgot .. i do not understand much about modding but i do know that from all the mods for kingdoms i played the PDER has the fastest loading time for turns and that is i think due to your guy's AI because in other mods they used a huge number of stupid irelevant scripts wich basicly reduce the player especially in the begining to looking at a loading screen for 30 sec-1 min and playing 10-15 seconds if he does not fight battles .. So good job for that but do please try to make the CAI a bit more .. agressive twords the player and the BAI as adept on the field as in sige mod [ either in the players favour or in the AI's favour doesn't matter]

I am planning on adjusting the starting relations, for the factions. They will all be lower. I am also going to gt to the bottom of having the AI use more forces to attack, the human player. Because most of the time it attacks with equal forces, and that just isn't challenging enough sometimes. We'll get there, next month is the deadline for getting the final XAI together for final testing. Pder and DA will have the new XAI engine.

We are re-working many, many things for the campaign. We want to include a real vassalage and protectorate system. Also having the AI attack jointly in missions. We are limited to some of the things we can do, but we have already conquered the port blockade bug. So there will be very limited times that the AI should use it's ships for blockades. While maintaining the ships usefulness for transporting troops.

I won't be able to fix everything with PDER, but what I find and know I can fix, I will. Initial testing of the newly revamped CAI is promising.

The Pope can be made tougher, as far as alliances, however..that is a very fine line because of many factors.

BTW on battles, if you find it frustrating or anything..you can lower the levels.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

I ran 3 tests in Darth Ages, which has elephants. There were zero crashes, again.

Will you please run the tests in the battle generator, with Elephants on the enemies side. Everything ran really good.

Quote Originally Posted by RaduAlexandru View Post
    Ah .. well i almost forgot .. i do not understand much about modding but i do know that from all the mods for kingdoms i played the PDER has the fastest loading time for turns and that is i think due to your guy's AI because in other mods they used a huge number of stupid irelevant scripts wich basicly reduce the player especially in the begining to looking at a loading screen for 30 sec-1 min and playing 10-15 seconds if he does not fight battles .. So good job for that but do please try to make the CAI a bit more .. agressive twords the player and the BAI as adept on the field as in sige mod [ either in the players favour or in the AI's favour doesn't matter]

Also one of the major downfalls of open battles currently, two things. The AI wont defend. We are fixing that. the other thing is there is only one formation available for open battles. So this limits the AI ability to use the best tactics. the AI is as adept on the open field as the sieges, but the defender does get a bonus for will to defend their home, open battles do not have this. Now we can increase the morale more, but I think it is mostly a balancing issue which will vary from each mod.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 24, 2008 at 07:41 PM.

Default Re: New PDER XAI (bai and cai) TEST THREAD

Here is the revised 3.2c, I am pretty sure that I have isolated down the CTD. So please download this file and give it a go, the CTD was the defending of a settlement, and it crashes after the gates break, and transforming to the attack formation.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 27, 2008 at 09:18 PM.

Here is the Revamped XCAI only. I have other files to go through, if there is still any beta testers here, you may test this in a new pder campaign.
    This file has the new Vassal/Protectorate (VP) rules in them, plus Naimads rules for Alliance against (+1). That should just about do it for that file. I also went through the Mongols and the default AI. Mongols have all increased IP and such, so they should be pretty aggressive, and they really have no political rules..those savages.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 27, 2008 at 09:18 PM.

Decided to work on the age old problem of troop ratios, for campaign and battle..I will be trying out the new settings tomorrow..I am going to try more conservative settings. Hopefully these will get the AI to use defense again

MiiKLL's Avatar Semisalis

I got both files and will at least get them loaded and a cursory start....

"Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

Play a HRE campaign (VH/VH) with the new files no crash and the western, scandinavian and italian factions conquers really really slowly vs. the eastern factions. The population boost is very high and the little italy grows very fast to 15k+ towns and i can hold the towns only with retaking as rebeltown and killing the people each time. I played completly passive, building only eco, law and religion and all nations want alliances with traderights (i gain mostly 1k-2k for this) the pope is still alive, there were 2 dschihads and 2 crusades and 1 plague in wien.

Regards A.U.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

I am not going to be on much this weekend. I have also decided to probably not mess with the settlement file for a while. The one with the old package, has some issues in it. I would recommend putting in the normal pder settlement file in it. I will be working on the otehr files one at a time. I will just post them here for you guys.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 27, 2008 at 09:17 PM.

I went through the Campaign AI and found many problems..So I fixed many things..apparently many of my changes did not save. I had to redo them. I have also made some changes to some more files for pder I would like you to include them.

So you can disregard any previous files.

I still have many files to mod. I still would like you guys to play. Use the AR too and boat battles. I will make a full list of the changes, if I can remember them all.

Default Attacking a settlement causes AI to cower in square (PDER + XBAI3.21a)

I've recently started a PDER campaign with XAI221 plus the XBAI3.21a files copied over it.

I've so far conducted three sieges and each time, the defending AI simply ordered all its units into the city centre square where I was able to pick them off easily with some missile weapons and dismounted knights.

Is this something that's peculiar to my installation, something caused by PDER or something caused by XBAI3.21a that's been fixed in 3.21b? I'm guessing it has at least something to do with XBAI, since that controls much of the AI behaviour in battle if I understand correctly.

Is there a way to fix this?

Default Re: Attacking a settlement causes AI to cower in square (PDER + XBAI3.21a)

I've been talking about the exact same thing in the Darth Ages thread above (below yours now) , and I was told to play on VH/VH, so I thought I'd pass this info onto you, but if you are using VH/VH then I don't know what else to suggest sadly
    Jekyll and Hyde

I am no threat but Hyde is (minus the fangs), don't provoke my darkside, you have been warned

My specs: Chronic Migraine Sufferer, Epileptic (Complex Partial Seizures), Multiple Personality Disorders

FEAR Fansite

Well I guess my file dropped off. Dang...played some campaign, and I need to adjust the AI alliances. However testing the new naval invasion rules, they are working very nicely. So I will get you guys an updated, file soon.

I have worked on balancing the Alliances, and it is working much better. However that ##$$%% ##!@&^@ auto resolve, just doesn't cooperate..regardless of the values I put in it. It is probably troop experience, but I am trying to even the AI with the Human. I am starting to doubt the diplomacy workings, with some of my settings. I think that I will be experimenting with them as well.

This is going to take longer than I thought.

HELP!

So let me know what you want to work on, for the campaign elements. I think the Campaign AI is working pretty well. But the campaign db file which contains the AR needs experimenting with. Because at least in PDER I am not getting anywhere near the dame results I did with DA.

On a good note, the Global standings, naval invasions, and difficulty levels work really good now.

Apparently when I released the BAI, I released it with one of the old files!! Because I am definitely missing some of the changes. Not real Happy about that. part of that was causing the skirmishing issues.

So here is 3.2D
    Last edited by xeryx; September 30, 2008 at 12:27 PM.

Default Re: Attacking a settlement causes AI to cower in square (PDER + XBAI3.21a)

Depending on how strong you are, depend on whether they go to the square right away. if they are weaker than you, they may do that. The larger the settlements and such, there will be better fights. You would have still massacred most likely no matter where they were, and picked them off as well. If you show me a screen shot..then it is easier to tell you what is going on, with such vague descriptions.

Time for an update on the XCAI for PDER: EDITED TODAY

+ Global standings have been instituted for for various decisions with the AI.
    + New vassalage system is fully implemented.
    + Naval invasions, issues with false port wars, now solved. They now only occur when they are suppose to.
    + Full implementation of difficulty to diplomatic decisions in the campaign AI, plus a few other areas.
    + re-balancing of the alliances.
    + Instituted alliance against modifiers (Joint alliances), and it now works correctly..even though the CA counter does not reset..(Way to go Niamad)
    + Global standings now fully work, with you reputation level. You can actually obtain a trustworthy alliance status.

We are still hard at work, here are the areas under construction.

* Reworking of the Diplomacy File is underway, especially to get Vassals and a few other things working correctly.
    * Rework of the settlement file, C4 anyone?

Then anything else, will have to be fixed by Socal_Infidel.
    Last edited by xeryx; October 02, 2008 at 03:52 PM.

In general terms, since I'm not at my home computer right now:
    I'm playing as Aragon on H/M IIRC. I've attacked the following settlements:
    - Barcelona, Palma and the other castle to the south (Zaragoza? not Valencia!)

Barcelona I attacked with a stack of:
    3 Dismounted Aragonese Knights
    3 Aragonese Knights
    1 General
    3 Almughavars
    2 Crossbows
    1 battering ram

For Palmas, it was:
    3 Dismounted Aragonese Knights
    2 Aragonese Knights
    1 the fast light cav, not missile cav.
    1 General
    3 Almughavars
    2 Crossbows
    2 battering rams

Opponents were mostly Spear militias of some sort and crossbow militias, with some simple cavalry (both mailed knights and jinetes) and 1 general unit.

Generally speaking, I had a slight numerical inferiority compared to defenders, but I was counting on the strength of the dismounted knights. I think that a contest on the walls or gate would have been much more effective than huddling in the square, especially since they had enough cavalry to hurt the dismounted knights.

After huddling up in the square, they sent out their crossbows out piecemeal, which I rode down easily of course. Then I simply set up my crossbowmen and almughavars to fire on the spearmen, running away when they come out. Lather, rinse, repeat. Use Aragonese knights against cavalry. Use Dismounted Aragonese knights against spearmen and charge from rear with cavalry when I finally get bored

Will give more detailed update when I get home to check my files.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I've been talking about the exact same thing in the Darth Ages thread above (below yours now) , and I was told to play on VH/VH, so I thought I'd pass this info onto you, but if you are using VH/VH then I don't know what else to suggest sadly
    Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I'll try this in a new campaign to see if it gets better.