Thread: ctd for battles other solutions not working

joemo's Avatar Tiro

Default ctd for battles other solutions not working

i cannot play land battles because it crashes i installed in the righ places and did not close it before finshing so i don't know why and i have searched other related problems no awnser
    my zero turn recruitment mod for eb click on the smily
    click on this smiley for no clamour for reform

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: ctd for battles other solutions not working

Quote Originally Posted by joemo View Post
    i cannot play land battles because it crashes i installed in the righ places and did not close it before finshing so i don't know why and i have searched other related problems no awnser
    I presume you've been sensible and added the -show_err switch to the shortcut target? This can flag missing files and some other errors.

You also don't tell us when it crashes - while it's loading or during the battle or at the end. Detail such as this helps us help you.

It's probably down to your graphics card not being able to handle the settings you've selected. To prove this turn down the graphic settings to the minimum and fight a custom battle. If you can fight it then it means you need to balance your video options to your card's capabilities. Grass is the big killer of graphics cards.

Also, make sure that your card has the most recent drivers.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

joemo's Avatar Tiro

it happens before loading and nvidia 9400 would be sufficent for high on anything it rome total war
    my zero turn recruitment mod for eb click on the smily
    click on this smiley for no clamour for reform

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by joemo View Post
    it happens before loading and nvidia 9400 would be sufficent for high on anything it rome total war
    It depends upon your card, what system it's running on, what's running on the background and what video settings you're using.

As you obviously don't want to listen to advice - enjoy autoresolve.....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Assuming you installed in the right place, and assuming you've made no changes to RS, and assuming that your RTW install actually worked before you installed RS1.5...then I would be inclined to say that you are the unlucky owner of the rare corrupt install. This can be an issue with RTW itself (I have actually had this happen, where RTW didn't correctly install ITSELF), and I have had RTW\RS1.5 installs go 'sour' for whatever reason I could never figure out. Re-installing always fixed it.

In fact, I had one of my installs I was using for testing do exactly what you are describing....started CTD'ing for no reason. I just deleted it, copied a new RTW folder, re-installed RS1.5, and everything worked fine. This is one reason I encourage people to use 'copied' RTW\BI folders to install their mods into.....much faster to fix a problem.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father