Thread: Cannot Start Imperial Campaign With Latest XGM

Mansjager729's Avatar Libertus

Default Cannot Start Imperial Campaign With Latest XGM

Hallo everyone!
    If you don't know, I'm Mansjager (the D:TW Historian) and I have been a devoted follower of XGM since it began. Unfortunately, I cannot start an imperial campaign.

This is odd...I've installed and reinstalled RTW several times, and it is patched properly...the provincial campaigns work perfectly. I experimented with all of the pre-installed settings (loyalty, etc) but nothing works...the error seems to be regarding the ethnic traits...the same problem is always the cause: An error involving how 'britons' is not a resource in line 17 column 17 of descr_regions (in data/world/campaign/imperial campaign).

This is not a CTD...I just click on a faction and it returns me to the single-player screen.

I hope that this is enough info...I love playing as the greeks in the provincials (really) but I like the Diadochi,Rome, and Carthage as well. (Maybe some barbars too :p)...I hope that you can help me in this time of need, friends, as I would gladly return the favor.

Maybe even speed up production on Diadochi Total War if it'll help

So, please help this confused Greek...since this seems to be all Gaellic to me.

Get it?

I speak Greek...so it can't be all Greek to me...
    Get it??

*silence*

Bloody phillistenes....unappreciative of Greek humor...
    Well...we still have:
    THIS!
    :sparta:

I'm sorry about the rant...I need moo kafe. (No, I'm not a cow. Just speaking Greek).
    God Bless,
    Mansjager

DIADOCHI:TOTAL WAR- LEAD HISTORIAN
    God Bless Georgia and the Caucasus!

Default Re: Cannot Start Imperial Campaign With Latest XGM

hmm, well you could go into the descr_regions and edit the britons out of there and that may fix the problem. However I am no expert modder (or a modder to any extent) but that should fix the problem.

However, I am Italian and all this computer mumbo jumbo is all Greek to me...
    SACERPATERDUXMIHI

EGOSUMALEXANDROS

Yesterday, 08:58 PM / Re: Cannot Start Imperial Campaign With Latest XGM #2

hmm, well you could go into the descr_regions and edit the britons out of there and that may fix the problem. However I am no expert modder (or a modder to any extent) but that should fix the problem.

However, I am Italian and all this computer mumbo jumbo is all Greek to me...

Thanks Alexander but I tried that...it just moves to something else...thanks anyway though my good Italian friend!

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

This kind of error is usually caused by having the wrong version of RTW or original files that have been messed up by another mod. In this case it might be a problem with Ethnic Traits - IIRC someone else reported a similar problem - so you might want to ask in the ET thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo View Post
    This kind of error is usually caused by having the wrong version of RTW or original files that have been messed up by another mod. In this case it might be a problem with Ethnic Traits - IIRC someone else reported a similar problem - so you might want to ask in the ET thread.
    I appreciate it DBH. I've reinstalled it a lot...but I will try, who better to give advice than the man who made it
    Thanks and God Bless.